Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Monday

Re: Black Monday

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    I would LOVE for Jacksonville to hire Flores.
    The reports of conflicts scare me a bit.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    If im Harbaugh I only take the Miami job if i'm guaranteed a change at QB.

Pretty much i'll do it if you do everything you can to get me Watson.
    No one is going to touch Watson until his legal issues are worked out. Why would anyone touch him until then.
    Ok. It’s the NFL. Never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    No one is going to touch Watson until his legal issues are worked out. Why would anyone touch him until then.
    Ok. It’s the NFL. Never mind.
    He's a top 5 QB. We've seen it enough to know when there is enough talent it wins out in these situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    They basically cut his pay in half this year. He got $1M back by winning the B1G East and going to the playoff but it still has to burn. Also, why not go out on a high note by beating tOSU and going to the playoff?
    I think he has to decide if he wants to coach in college or Pros. Two completely different jobs. Just ask Urban Meyer

"So Fla Red"

Miami should have fired GM Grier instead of Flores.

I do think Flores could be a nice fit in Jacksonville. He comes from the Billy B one voice command structure but he is a good coach. Getting 19 wins the last two years out of this garbage offensive roster (created by the GM who remains employed and who botched the last two Draft Capital rich drafts and the odd and expensive Philly trade back for Waddle).

7. Likes:

dubc47834 (01-11-2022),Revering4Blue (01-10-2022),RiverRat13 (01-11-2022)

"So Fla Red"

I think less the high visible final score but the in game side bets seem ripe for potential corruption at the officiating, periphery player and replay levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I think he has to decide if he wants to coach in college or Pros. Two completely different jobs. Just ask Urban Meyer
    I think this is right, and it is not because of difficulty or whatnot. Harbaugh had a hard time winning big games and had a terrible record against OSU and MSU, however, he did a solid job overall. He has a great record at San Francisco as an NFL HC (I think like 41-19 or so). So, he has succeeded at both and knows he can do either. I personally think Harbaugh is tired of recruiting 16 year old kids and doesn't want to mess with the NIL stuff going on. I think we are going to start seeing veteran college HC's start to retire or move on from college because of this NIL stuff. It is a whole new ballgame.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

10. Likes:

Revering4Blue (01-10-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I think this is right, and it is not because of difficulty or whatnot. Harbaugh had a hard time winning big games and had a terrible record against OSU and MSU, however, he did a solid job overall. He has a great record at San Francisco as an NFL HC (I think like 41-19 or so). So, he has succeeded at both and knows he can do either. I personally think Harbaugh is tired of recruiting 16 year old kids and doesn't want to mess with the NIL stuff going on. I think we are going to start seeing veteran college HC's start to retire or move on from college because of this NIL stuff. It is a whole new ballgame.
    I’ll throw three college coaches into this discussion:

Jim Harbaugh (obviously)
    Dabo Swinney
    Lane Kiffin
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

12. Likes:

Revering4Blue (01-10-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post

Jim Harbaugh (obviously)
    Dabo Swinney
    Lane Kiffin
    Would not be surprised at all to see Dabo jump. He's been less than pleased with the transfer craziness, is having a real down year (by his normal Clemson standards) in recruiting, and is probably looking at a tougher recruiting market going forward with NIL stuff.

Jim Harbaugh (obviously)
    Dabo Swinney
    Lane Kiffin
    Ha, 100% agree about Dabo (although I do not think he can coach in the NFL at all). However, I feel like Joey Freshwater was made for the direction college football is going.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Here’s my picks:

Minnesota: Doug Pederson
    Miami: Lane Kiffin OR Dabo Swinney
    Jacksonville: Kellen Moore
    Vegas: Jim Harbaugh
    Chicago: Greg Roman
    Denver: Dan Quinn
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

16. Likes:

Revering4Blue (01-10-2022),Rojo Rijo (01-10-2022),Sea Ray (01-10-2022)

Is it interesting or expected...that Marvin Lewis has not been on anyone's short list since leaving here?

It seems to me that Seattle should move on from Pete Carroll. He had a great run there but it's time to move on. A change is needed

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Is it interesting or expected...that Marvin Lewis has not been on anyone's short list since leaving here?
    He was on the Cowboys last year when they hired Mike McCarthy.

Not winning a playoff game and the overall culture of his teams while in Cincinnati I’d say is a turnoff. The Meltdown at Paul Brown should be a reason he never gets a NFL head coaching job again.

Jim Harbaugh (obviously)
    Dabo Swinney
    Lane Kiffin
    Harbaugh will coach in the league again. I think he is a good coach whose style fits the pro's better than college.

I don't see any way how Swinney works in the NFL. I think his good ol boy mantra worked when he had total power at Clemson. He was very anti NIL, anti player agency, anti anything that took power away from him. I don't think he works in the NFL.

IMO Kiffin could be a good NFL coach, but like in college, he isn't going to get any type of marque jobs.

21. Likes:

Revering4Blue (01-11-2022),RiverRat13 (01-11-2022)

Turn Off Ads?