Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Monday

Re: Black Monday

Russell Wilson is now saying that he wants to explore other options . This seems awfully selfish to me:

The story cited as its source “those close to Wilson” — but did not specify who while also noting that his agent, Mark Rodgers, did not return calls for the moment — and cited those sources as saying that Wilson “wants to investigate other destinations to see if those would put him in a better position to win another championship and create the legacy he sees for himself.”
    He's under contract for another 2 yrs. He pulled this same stuff last year. I don't know how he can come back to Seattle after this. Is this Ciara doing this behind the scenes? You don't get to explore options when you're under contract. That's called tampering if another team talks to him about this

I know Joe Burrow hasn't been around long enough to be a prima donna but it sure makes me appreciate him

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...-the-seahawks/

2. Turn Off Ads?
    "So Fla Red"

Does McCarthy get the axe in Dallas?

Wonder, as a surprise, if Tomlin might step down after a long run with Big Ben out the door and a chance to regroup. for a year.

I like Houston's situation better than most people do. Davis Mills, by the end of the year, was playing pretty well. He might actually be the guy. And then you have Watson. If you can clean up his legal situation you can trade him for a boatload of picks. Cap room looks decent. They have paid the draft price for O'Brien's stupidity and pick #3 this year.

Ian Rapaport says Texans intend to trade Watson before the new league starts on March 16th. Saw where trading him frees up another $25 million in cap space also. I'd also try to move Tunsil to free up that salary and draft a LT replacement at #3.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    Does McCarthy get the axe in Dallas?

Wonder, as a surprise, if Tomlin might step down after a long run with Big Ben out the door and a chance to regroup. for a year.
    Tomlin? Don't see that happening.

McCarthy - Wouldn't shock me. Both the OC and DC are hot coaching candidates. Jerry could name one of them after a perfunctory search.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Tomlin? Don't see that happening.

McCarthy - Wouldn't shock me. Both the OC and DC are hot coaching candidates. Jerry could name one of them after a perfunctory search.
    If McCarthy goes (and he should), Kellen Moore will be the coach. Jerry loves him like he did Jason Garrett. If Quinn leaves for the Broncos Mike Zimmer is being floated as a replacement.

I have some Steeler friends who are blaming everything on Tomlin. The Rooney’s are like the Brown family, loyal to a fault. See three head coaches for 50 years. Tomlin has the best job security in all of professional football.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    If McCarthy goes (and he should), Kellen Moore will be the coach. Jerry loves him like he did Jason Garrett. If Quinn leaves for the Broncos Mike Zimmer is being floated as a replacement.

I have some Steeler friends who are blaming everything on Tomlin. The Rooney’s are like the Brown family, loyal to a fault. See three head coaches for 50 years. Tomlin has the best job security in all of professional football.
    Tomlin has been to the playoffs 10 out of his 15 seasons, has never had a losing record, and has won a Super Bowl. I'd say he deserves a little job security.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

8. Likes:

dubc47834 (01-17-2022),goreds2 (01-17-2022),Revering4Blue (01-17-2022),RiverRat13 (01-17-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    Tomlin has been to the playoffs 10 out of his 15 seasons, has never had a losing record, and has won a Super Bowl. I'd say he deserves a little job security.
    It’s also the Steelers. Expectations there are a little wacky.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Going to be fascinating to see what the Raiders/Harbaugh do this week
    What would you say.....ya do here?

The Athletic did an anonymous survey of 5 NFL coaches and execs. They rated the attractiveness of the jobs as follows

1. Denver
    2. Minnesota
    3. Las Vegas
    4. Chicago
    5. Miami
    6. Giants
    7. Jacksonville
    8. Houston

The Athletic did an anonymous survey of 5 NFL coaches and execs. They rated the attractiveness of the jobs as follows

1. Denver
    2. Minnesota
    3. Las Vegas
    4. Chicago
    5. Miami
    6. Giants
    7. Jacksonville
    8. Houston
    I think Denver is Tampa before Tom Brady. All the pieces are in place for a Super Bowl run but they are missing a QB. If they could get Hackett from GB and mortgage everything for Aaron Rodgers they should do it.

If Minnesota could find a way to get out of Kirk Cousins contract it would be a fascinating rebuild. I like the idea of a Cousins/Mayfield swap.

After seeing how the players reacted to Bissacia and him hand writing letters hours after they were eliminated part of me wants him to get the Vegas job or the new coach keep him on staff. Nice guy.

Kinda surprised Jacksonville isn’t rated higher but Khan seems clueless as an owner. Have to think the bottom four are all ownership.

"So Fla Red"

Did Herbert and Mahomes switch divisions?

The Broncos will be playing those guys four times a year the next decade.

If a coach wants to win soon andndominate a division they should look to either the AFC South or the NFC South.

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    Did Herbert and Mahomes switch divisions?

The Broncos will be playing those guys four times a year the next decade.

If a coach wants to win soon andndominate a division they should look to either the AFC South or the NFC South.
    The Bronco's went 7-10 without a QB. They have a great defense, some nice tools on offense, but don't have a QB. Division change on their head rather quickly, give me the best roster with ownership that is committed.

Jerry Jones kid Stephen Jones say he is very confident that McCarthy will be Cowboys coach next year.

Here's my surprise semi-prediction. Everyone is convinced that Brian Flores is a lock for a job this cycle. I'm not convinced. He's a guy that went thru a bunch of coaches ....

"The Dolphins always had a revolving door of coaches under Flores, including four offensive coordinators, two defensive coordinators, and four offensive line coaches in his three seasons on the job."

He clashed with his GM, he sabotaged his starting QB by trying get Watson. Here's an article from Miami paper about some of the struggles.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/s...256841207.html

He wanted Bill O'Brien like personnel control. He got the team media director fired over the objection of the team president.

A lot of clubs are trying to fix toxic environments. He may not get hired.

Jerry Jones kid Stephen Jones say he is very confident that McCarthy will be Cowboys coach next year.
    I am too. Jerry doesn't fire coaches very often.

18. Likes:

Chip R (01-18-2022)

Turn Off Ads?