Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Jacksonville Jaguars Thread - Rebuild !!! (Deja Vu Edition)

Re: 2022 Jacksonville Jaguars Thread - Rebuild !!! (Deja Vu Edition)

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Miami got outgained 495-212. And if you want to cite the Chargers' injuries, go take a look at what Buffalo's defense was missing yesterday.
    Don't know how many times it needs to be stated, but apparently it continues to be needed....

Total Yards does not equate to performance. Points is all that matters.

The Chargers were a beat up team. It would have been as if Josh Allen was unable to play for Buffalo and Terron Armstead was injured for the rest of the season in the 3rd Quarter (Chargers lost Slater for the year in the 3rd Quarter...). Buffalo had a healthy Josh Allen. Buffalo came into the game in a class all by themselves, and as long as their Offense was 100% healthy, they were expected to win that game easily.

Jags finally win a road game against the most beat up team in the league. That's like trying to say that the Bengals were great against the JETS because they won by 15 points on the road. The Bengals were still bad against the JETS, Offensively, while Defensively, the Bengals were very good again for the 3rd straight game. Joe Flacco is better than the current injured version of Justin Herbert. The Jets' Defense is better than the current version of the Chargers' Defense that was out there yesterday.

Trevor Lawrence finally avoided making a bunch of stupid throws for the first time ever. He's far from being even an average QB in the NFL right now.

They are going to be vastly improved this season from last season, but it's not going to result to a .500 season. Avoiding double-digit losses will be a miracle if it happens because the rest of the AFC is so much better than they are still.

It's great to see James Robinson healthy, Christian Kirk being targeted (poorly used in Arizona, the first WR I took in my FFB league this season, 5th Rd, and I've had Kirk on my team each of the last two years, also, so it's no surprise to me what he's doing, nor do I think he was overpaid), and Evan Engram is an untapped goldmine of opportunity, someone also poorly used while he was a Giant. As was posted by JAXRED after Week 2, "No Injuries Reported", was the best news they could have gotten, as players from all teams are falling fast (except the Bengals).

Continuity has been the most important reason for teams winning and losing so far this season throughout the NFL. Any team that has struggled has done so because of a lack of continuity, and teams that have done better have more continuity than their opponent. As the season progresses, all teams will have more continuity, so the talent levels will reveal themselves more as the season goes on, which is why the Bengals' Offensive Line will improve dramatically.

Previous JAGS' teams wouldn't have taken advantage of the opportunity handed to them in Los Angeles, but this team is much better coached than those in the past.

James Robinson being healthy so quickly is a huge boost to the team, so Etienne can be eased into the mix.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 09-27-2022 at 05:58 AM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Likes:

Sea Ray (09-26-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Lawrence is currently ranked #12 in PFF's rankings of QB's.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Heading to Philadelphia this weekend to take on one of the NFLs two remaining unbeaten teams. A homecoming of sort for Doug Pederson as the former Eagles HC who won the only SB in franchise history.

Jags will have their hands full. Hurts is playing well as is the Philadelphia defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    Heading to Philadelphia this weekend to take on one of the NFLs two remaining unbeaten teams. A homecoming of sort for Doug Pederson as the former Eagles HC who won the only SB in franchise history.

Jags will have their hands full. Hurts is playing well as is the Philadelphia defense.
    A meeting of 2 surprise teams early in the 2022 season.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post

This really should be a prime time game.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

8. Likes:

Rojo Rijo (09-27-2022)

Well Jags steamrolled the Chargers on Sunday 38-10 on the road. This despite the fact that Justin Herbert did indeed play. And was slinging it all over the place. But the Jags defense was simply too strong. We felt going into the season that the defense was going to be good. They spent a bunch of money in free agency and then 2 first rounders on the defense. Both of those first rounders are playing great and getting better. But now Jags defense is playing fantastic.

And the Jags offense is methodical in it's precision. Jags, and Pederson (who calls the plays) and Lawrence are slicing and dicing down the field in long sustained drives. Taking what the defense gives them. Lawrence has been incredibly accurate. Over 80% against the Colts and over 70% against the Chargers. He now has a 6/1 TD/Int ratio, and the one interception was a last minute Hail Mary against Washington.

I'm sure Jags would love to have the Commanders game done over. I felt they were the better team back then, and now they are playing way better. I think the Jags might just be the favorite to take the division.

That said.... the game this week is a huge test. The Eagles are undefeated and playing fantastic. And Jalen Hurts offers the Jags their first look at a mobile QB after facing pocket QB's the first three weeks. And some crazy good wide receivers. Will be a good test for both teams.
    Last edited by JaxRed; 09-28-2022 at 09:11 AM.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Trevor Lawrence named AFC Offensive player of the week.

11. Likes:

Kingspoint (09-29-2022),Rojo Rijo (09-28-2022),Sea Ray (09-28-2022)

LB Devin Lloyd named NFL Defensive Rookie of the Month

13. Likes:

Kingspoint (09-29-2022),Rojo Rijo (09-29-2022)

Heading into Eagles game, Jags are pretty healthy. A backup OL and a rotational defensive player (Chaisson) are out. Both teams pretty healthy. Should be heck of a game.

Philadelphia 41

Jacksonville 6

Philadelphia still not getting the respect they deserve. Jacksonville getting way too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Philadelphia 41

Jacksonville 6

Philadelphia still not getting the respect they deserve. Jacksonville getting way too much.
    So far this prediction has not held up...
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Trevor Lawrence named AFC Offensive player of the week.
    He sure came back to earth today. 11-23 174 yards, an INT and lost 4 fumbles. That's a pretty horrific day. Granted Philly is playing as well as anyone today

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    He sure came back to earth today. 11-23 174 yards, an INT and lost 4 fumbles. That's a pretty horrific day. Granted Philly is playing as well as anyone today
    This was a combination of - a nasty bump in the road for a young QB, a very good Eagles defense, and awful weather conditions. Not trying to make excuses for Lawrence, the loss falls on his shoulders. You can't be up 14-0 and cough up 5 turnovers and expect to win. Honestly the fact that we only lost 29-21 is pretty amazing when you consider all the turnovers. The defense still looks extremely improved. Next up is vs. Houston, at Indianapolis, and vs. New York Giants before a trip across the pond to play Denver. All winable games but first we need to prove that we're a legitimate team by not losing to the likes of Houston.

19. Likes:

Kingspoint (10-03-2022),Revering4Blue (10-04-2022)

Jaguars gained a ton of respect around the NFL. Despite numerous turnovers, they still had a chance on the road to drive for the game-tying score at the end of the game. With the rest of the AFC beating up on each other every week, there's no reason why they can't be in playoff contention still when Week 16 begins.

Well Jags lose a 28-20 error filled game. Most of the errors were Lawrenece's. He wasn't perfect before the deluge. I seem to recall he missed a wide open throw to a back on first drive of the game on third down that forced us to punt. Still we were up 14-0 when the skies opened up. After that Lawrence threw a legit interception (not a hail mary), and lost the ball 4 times on fumbles. Simply inexcusable. Fumbles on QB sneaks, fumbles when you are running by yourself. Fumbles when you held the ball too long.

It was not Doug Peterson's greatest game either. The QB sneak was when we were going for a first down. The spot of the ball was badly placed, we had already made the first down easily. It should have been challenged and it was not. And then Doug seemed tro forget about James Robinson who only got 8 carries all day.

Jags lost their top run defender early which hurt a lot. He will be out Sunday too.

Turn Off Ads?