Turn Off Ads?
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Jacksonville Jaguars Thread - Rebuild !!! (Deja Vu Edition)

Re: 2022 Jacksonville Jaguars Thread - Rebuild !!! (Deja Vu Edition)

I think this will be the blowout game of the weekend but I hope I'm wrong. Go Jags!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I think this will be the blowout game of the weekend but I hope I'm wrong. Go Jags!
    Not the blowout game at all but the Jags did likely make Buffalo or Cincinnati’s life easier in the AFC Championship going against a hobbled Mahomes.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

3 plays -

Hasty drop on 3rd and 19 from KC 39.
    Olukon drop on interception where Campbell was coming to grab it and would’ve had a great chance at a pick 6.
    Kirk drop on 60 yard bomb.

Those are the 3 plays that stick out that could’ve changed the game.

"So Fla Red"

Mahomes will ne near 100% by next week.

I am.amazed that Kelce just dominates and almost never takes a big hit. I've never seen a HoF TE stay healthy for so long.

I think the Jags represented themselves pretty well last night in KC.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

7. Likes:

goreds2 (01-22-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    Mahomes will ne near 100% by next week.
    Not from a high ankle sprain, but they'll shoot him full of painkillers so same difference.

That's a good season from the Jags, nothing to feel badly about. Should be a scary team next year.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Incredible season from a team that had the #1 pick in April

10. Likes:

goreds2 (01-22-2023)

When that game with the Chargers was going on, people were asking if anyone had thrown that many picks in a playoff game. Actually, four guys threw six picks in a playoff game. Crazy thing is, three are HOFers: Brett Farve, Norm Van Brocklin and Bobby Layne. The other was Frank Filchock. Dan Fouts threw five twice as did George Blanda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Jags would be even scarier had they been smart and drafted Hutchinson over Walker. I get Walker's natural ability, but that one seemed like a no-brainer to me (to be fair, I'm a Michigan alum, so I had some biases pre-draft).
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Jags would be even scarier had they been smart and drafted Hutchinson over Walker. I get Walker's natural ability, but that one seemed like a no-brainer to me (to be fair, I'm a Michigan alum, so I had some biases pre-draft).
    Yeah but that wasnt an immediate results pick. That was a lets evaluate in 3 years pick. Not to take anything away from Hutchinson who was fantastic this year, but Walker was taken with the idea that he had a higher ceiling, knowing he wasnt as ready to come in and produce like Hutchinson. Especially considering Walker played DT at Georgia and then moved to outside in a 3-4 for Jacksonville.

Congrats on the season Jag fans. Things sure are looking good for you guys going forward.

15. Likes:

Chip R (01-23-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    Yeah but that wasnt an immediate results pick. That was a lets evaluate in 3 years pick. Not to take anything away from Hutchinson who was fantastic this year, but Walker was taken with the idea that he had a higher ceiling, knowing he wasnt as ready to come in and produce like Hutchinson. Especially considering Walker played DT at Georgia and then moved to outside in a 3-4 for Jacksonville.
    I get it and understood that's why they chose Walker, but the logic just doesn't seem to add up for me unless they think Walker's upside is significantly higher than Hutchinson's. I don't doubt that the raw physical ability is higher, but how much better would Walker reasonably be than Hutchinson? I just don't see the upside being all that much higher than Hutchinson, who has a much higher floor, IMO, and was way more NFL ready.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    I get it and understood that's why they chose Walker, but the logic just doesn't seem to add up for me unless they think Walker's upside is significantly higher than Hutchinson's. I don't doubt that the raw physical ability is higher, but how much better would Walker reasonably be than Hutchinson? I just don't see the upside being all that much higher than Hutchinson, who has a much higher floor, IMO, and was way more NFL ready.
    Walker had a higher ceiling (but also a higher bust rate) than Hutchinson.

I think Walker probably fit more into a long term rebuild approach in Jacksonville except that the Jaguars exceeded expectations this year and the rest of the AFC South fell apart.

At the start of the year I think most Jaguar fans were probably expecting to have a top 10 draft pick again.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Just read this thread - even just a few weeks ago, there was talk about high draft picks.

I’m no Jags fan, but the evolution of this team/season/thread from rebuild to playoffs has been interesting to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post

At the start of the year I think most Jaguar fans were probably expecting to have a top 10 draft pick again.

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    Just read this thread - even just a few weeks ago, there was talk about high draft picks.

I’m no Jags fan, but the evolution of this team/season/thread from rebuild to playoffs has been interesting to follow.
    They're finding out what we Bengal fans recently figured out: just how far a franchise QB can take a team. A franchise QB lifts all boats, unlike "good" QBs. Problem is there aren't many guys like that out there. Jax has one

20. Likes:

goreds2 (01-23-2023),Revering4Blue (01-24-2023),Rojo Rijo (02-16-2023)

Turn Off Ads?