Turn Off Ads?
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Thread: 2022 Jacksonville Jaguars Thread - Rebuild !!! (Deja Vu Edition)

Re: 2022 Jacksonville Jaguars Thread - Rebuild !!! (Deja Vu Edition)

The Jags WR coach moved on to University of Texas. To replace him the Jags hired the Bills WR coach Chad Hall. Lot of talk from the Bills WR's saying how great he was. He was going to interview for Ravens OC and then took Jags WR gig.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

2. Turn Off Ads?

This was a wild season to look back on. Out of the 19 games played they were decided by:
    6, 24, 28, 8, 7, 7, 6, 4, 7, 10, 1, 26, 14, 6, 16, 28, 4, 1, 7.
    We ended up with the 7th best point differential in the NFL for the regular season, +54.

Heading into week 14 the team was 4-8 and positioned for a #7 overall pick and only 1 game out from #3 overall pick - Denver who was 3-9. We had Tennessee, Dallas, New York, Houston, and Tennessee left. That's twice against a Tennessee team leading the division who has owned us recently, a strong Dallas team, a Houston team that beat us earlier in the year, and a Jets team that wasnt terrible. We started playing well and had some favorable things work out for us, like both Tennessee and New York having no QB. Against Dallas we were down 27-10 with 5 min left in the 3rd Q and somehow pulled out the W. By the time we got to Houston we were rolling and they were stagnant so a beatdown ensued. Then the combination of us going 7-2 and Tennesse going 2-7 (including 0-7 to finish) was just enough to push us into the playoffs.

Im beyond excited for next season. While we made the AFC CG in 2017 we still had a terrible QB. The last time I was this optimistic about a season for us Mark Brunell was the QB.

4. Likes:

Revering4Blue (02-17-2023)

Jags lose their Passing Game Coordinator Jim Bob Cooter to Indy to become their Offensive Coordinator.

Some updates.... Jaguars hired Nick Holz, UNLV’s former offensive coordinator, as their passing game coordinator. He's been with the Raiders previously and supposedly was good friends with OC Press Taylor.

In a move that surprised me the Jags resigned CJ Beathard as backup QB. I thought they'd go with the Canadian signee. He was cheap. 2.25 mill per year.

Jags need to do some restructuring to get under the cap. The first domino fell, restructuring LB Foye Oluokun, creating $10.336M in space. They were 32 million over prior to the move.

Turn Off Ads?