Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Jacksonville Jaguars Thread - Rebuild !!! (Deja Vu Edition)

Re: 2022 Jacksonville Jaguars Thread - Rebuild !!! (Deja Vu Edition)

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Jags interviewed Bill O'Brien yesterday. Opinions around town with some proclaiming him the front runner because he will work with Baalke. A couple of people that sometimes have good inside info, claim otherwise. I think their logic is "O'Brien is only being mentioned because he and Baalke have same agent, and that agent is the one spreading the FUD to get his name out there"
    That happens more than people realize agents and GM's build relationships and often do each other solid favors.

I would not say O'Brien has 0 chance but I would put it around 99.99%...

My money is on Hackett
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

2. Turn Off Ads?

BOB is an interesting candidate, kind of similar to Marvin in the sense that he won a lot of division titles/made the playoffs a lot, but never really had a top contender. It feels like it's almost better for future jobs to totally fail in a bad situation, go back to coordinator and rebuild for another candidacy in five years or so than it is to coach a good-but-never-great team that never gets over the hump for multiple years.

Local insider Dilla on Twitter who is usually right about things, said Jags (and let's face it we're talking Khan, he's the one making the decision) are already sold on Byron. Even before the interviews are over. It's classic Khan, who has blown every management hire decision he has made. His last two hires he has been sold on a concept. Concept 1 - "Bring Tom Coughlin home. Instill discipline". Concept 2 - "Urban is one of the greatest college coaches ever". Now we're on Concept 3 - "Bring Leftwich Home". Trouble is he hooks on to the idea and doesn't do his due diligence.

That doesn't mean Leftwich can't get the job done. Coaches are a crapshoot. You never know. If we hire him, I hope he wildly succeeds. Most think he will not want Baalke. Most say Cardinals Asst GM Adrian Wilson who once broke Leftwich's ankle in a game would be his choice.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

I would consider Leftwich a very risky hire but a lot of them are. Not much experience. Just a little over 5 yrs ago he was a coaching intern.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I would consider Leftwich a very risky hire but a lot of them are. Not much experience. Just a little over 5 yrs ago he was a coaching intern.
    And what if Tom Brady tells him "no".

Then the Jags are back to square one.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

I've heard some very positive things about Leftwich over the last few days.

1 - He commands a locker room easily.
    2 - He's been said to identify players who need to hit certain marks for incentives and even ask during games "Hey, who has something they need to get to?" Players love this.

While he never became a great QB at the NFL level I think he would be a great hire for Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    I've heard some very positive things about Leftwich over the last few days.

1 - He commands a locker room easily.
    2 - He's been said to identify players who need to hit certain marks for incentives and even ask during games "Hey, who has something they need to get to?" Players love this.

While he never became a great QB at the NFL level I think he would be a great hire for Lawrence.
    He had some bad injuries as a player. No shame there

9. Likes:

Chip R (01-18-2022)

Mike Garafalo sayd he's getting vibes that Bill O'Brien is out the mix for Jags.

Jags have requested a 2nd interview with Matts Eberflous

Local insider Dilla on Twitter who is usually right about things, said Jags (and let's face it we're talking Khan, he's the one making the decision) are already sold on Byron. Even before the interviews are over. It's classic Khan, who has blown every management hire decision he has made. His last two hires he has been sold on a concept. Concept 1 - "Bring Tom Coughlin home. Instill discipline". Concept 2 - "Urban is one of the greatest college coaches ever". Now we're on Concept 3 - "Bring Leftwich Home". Trouble is he hooks on to the idea and doesn't do his due diligence.

That doesn't mean Leftwich can't get the job done. Coaches are a crapshoot. You never know. If we hire him, I hope he wildly succeeds. Most think he will not want Baalke. Most say Cardinals Asst GM Adrian Wilson who once broke Leftwich's ankle in a game would be his choice.
    The latest from Dilla is that a Jags contingent is heading to Tampa tomorrow for a in person press conference. Most believe it is down to Leftwich, Eberflus and Hackett. He now says although Leftwich prefers another GM he can work with Baalke. Supposedly Hackett won't work with Baalke. Not sure on Eberflus in regards to Baalke.

I said early on in the process the job would go to someone with no other options. Supposedly the only "no options" guy left is Leftwich. With him willing to work with Baalke, I sense the decision is all but made.

I think Byron has to take it if its there. If he stays as Tampa OC and Brady hangs it up he could lose some of his shine. Honestly not sure what Tampa would do if TB does walk away. As much as I like the guy I can't imagine Arians handing a SB contender to Kyle Trask.

13. Likes:

Chip R (01-25-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    I think Byron has to take it if its there. If he stays as Tampa OC and Brady hangs it up he could lose some of his shine. Honestly not sure what Tampa would do if TB does walk away. As much as I like the guy I can't imagine Arians handing a SB contender to Kyle Trask.
    Would Tampa go after Aaron Rodgers? They are a team built for a veteran star QB.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    Would Tampa go after Aaron Rodgers? They are a team built for a veteran star QB.
    Would Aaron Rodgers want to follow TB? Seems no win to me. If he wins it's just "yeah, so did TB." If he falls short it's "well TB12 did it"

16. Likes:

Revering4Blue (01-26-2022)

Dilla says Jags have hired Leftwich.

Dilla says Jags have hired Leftwich.
    24 hours later, Dilla (and others) say negotiations have hit a snag. Possibly about the employment status of GM Trent Baalke.

Current DC Joe Cullen (who came from Ravens) is interviewing to be DC in Baltimore to replace Wink Martindale who was recently fired. Not having a coach who could decide on Cullens fate may cost us a chance to keep him.

Turn Off Ads?