Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Eduardo Perez Joins 'Sunday Night Baseball' Booth

Eduardo Perez Joins 'Sunday Night Baseball' Booth

There’s never been a moment in Eduardo Perez’s life when he wasn’t around baseball, the son of a Big Red Machine Hall of Famer to one of the sport’s top broadcasters with a 13-year playing career in between.

Perez, born in Cincinnati, grew up around the Big Red Machine before he went to high school in Puerto Rico and played college baseball at Florida State. His dad, Tony, was a seven-time All-Star first baseman. It came full circle when Perez played three seasons for the Reds from 1996-98.

Perez will now have one of the sport’s largest platforms as one of the two analysts on ESPN’s "Sunday Night Baseball" broadcasts this year. He joins play-by-play announcer Karl Ravech and analyst David Cone in the revamped booth.

Perez emphasized the focus on their broadcasts will be the players. He’ll have a natural pitcher-hitter dynamic with Cohn, the 1994 American League Cy Young winner, and both analysts hope their love of the sport will show on the broadcasts.

“You have two guys that love the game and love today’s players,” Cone said. “That’s really important, I think. In a lot of baseball broadcasts around the country, you hear a lot of ‘yeah, the game was better back when I used to play.’ That’s not the case here. I’m a huge fan of today’s players, how they go about it. It’s different than when I played, but it doesn’t mean one way was better or not. You’re going to see us genuinely get excited about today’s game at a time when that’s really needed, I think, on a national broadcast.”
    story continues here:
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/forme...213454443.html

2. Likes:

757690 (01-10-2022),goreds2 (01-11-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Eduardo Perez Joins 'Sunday Night Baseball' Booth

yes great insight I cant wait to hear him say what it was like to play with Steve Gibralter and Brook Fordyce

Re: Eduardo Perez Joins 'Sunday Night Baseball' Booth

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Berenyi View Post
    yes great insight I cant wait to hear him say what it was like to play with Steve Gibralter and Brook Fordyce
    Your act is old and worn out.
    You've become a general nuisance, polluting threads with your foolishness that very few if any find amusing.

6. Likes:

0-2 Count (01-16-2022),919191 (01-11-2022),bm1475 (01-11-2022),Chip R (01-11-2022),cumberlandreds (01-11-2022),herbdizzle (01-10-2022),mth123 (01-10-2022),RedsfaninMT (01-11-2022),savafan (01-11-2022),UKFlounder (01-11-2022)

Turn Off Ads?