Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Mark Cuban launches online pharmacy

Mark Cuban launches online pharmacy

Mark Cuban launches online pharmacy, claims it's 'radically transparent'
    The company said it will purchase its drugs straight from manufacturers to lower the prices

We will do whatever it takes to get affordable pharmaceuticals to patients," said Alex Oshmyansky, CEO of Mark Cuban Cost Plus Drug. "The markup on potentially lifesaving drugs that people depend on is a problem that can't be ignored. It is imperative that we take action and help expand access to these medications for those who need them most.

The leukemia drug Imatinib was used as a example. It carries a retail price of $9,657 but can be purchased through the company for $47 a month.

The pharmacy's prices reflect actual manufacturer prices plus a flat 15% margin and pharmacist fee, according to a statement.

Customers are required to pay out of pocket for their medications. Insurance claims will not be processed by the company."
    https://www.foxbusiness.com/business...ly-transparent
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Mark Cuban launches online pharmacy

This is interesting. As consumers and citizens, it stinks when you have no clue how much something will or should cost like going to the ER, auto shops, pharmaceuticals, etc. This secrecy has to end. I have no idea if Cuban’s Pharmacy will help, but it certainly can’t hurt and will hopefully lead to full transparency in the not so distant future.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

4. Likes:

goreds2 (01-22-2022),TeamCasey (01-27-2022)

Generics only but a good deal. Kinda similar to what Amazon Pharmacy does. I read an article a couple months ago about how there are super high list prices, and then pharmacies/doctors get kickbacks for directing orders in certain directions. I assume the high list price//discount loophole is how outfits like GoodRx make their money.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

6. Likes:

goreds2 (01-22-2022)

Here is a review article on Amazon's Pharmacy from 6/24/21.

https://www.geekwire.com/2021/testin...rn-healthcare/

Does anyone here use this pharmacy?

Mark Cuban’s New Pharmacy Business and the Future of Drug Pricing

https://undark.org/2022/02/21/mark-c...-drug-pricing/

The guy who's the governor of the Dallas Mavs?

I just saw that title in an ESPN article today, and it amused me.

Business Insider
    I used Mark Cuban's new pharmacy company to order my medicine, and the prescription was a little cheaper. Here's how it worked

https://www.yahoo.com/news/used-mark...130000407.html

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    Mark Cuban launches online pharmacy, claims it's 'radically transparent'
    The company said it will purchase its drugs straight from manufacturers to lower the prices

https://www.foxbusiness.com/business...ly-transparent
    There's a disaster in the making. People will die from this.

A pharmacist needs to read the charts of a patient before letting go a prescription from a doctor and needs to speak to the person about many things in order to prevent that person from accidentally killing themselves for a billion reasons why it takes an advanced medical degree to be a pharmacist. When red flags go up, the pharmacist must reach the doctor and question the prescription (without offending the ego of the doctor, which is often difficult) because of something the doctor missed.

This isn't consumer goods that are being purchased.

While the idea is altruistic in trying to reduce the costs of pills to patients, this isn't a safe way to do it, and first and foremost, drug prescriptions' purposes are for the patient to be healthier.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 03-08-2022 at 03:41 PM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Generics only but a good deal. Kinda similar to what Amazon Pharmacy does. I read an article a couple months ago about how there are super high list prices, and then pharmacies/doctors get kickbacks for directing orders in certain directions. I assume the high list price//discount loophole is how outfits like GoodRx make their money.
    Amazon would never do anything shady, right?
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Turn Off Ads?