Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Faith Without Merit-- 2022 Beliefs

Re: Faith Without Merit-- 2022 Beliefs

I'd rather have Castillo, Gray and Mahle pitch a third time through the order than bring in a fringe reliever who'd probably still be in AAA if rosters hadn't expanded.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

2. Likes:

REDREAD (02-04-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I'd rather have Castillo, Gray and Mahle pitch a third time through the order than bring in a fringe reliever who'd probably still be in AAA if rosters hadn't expanded.
    Another sneaky good take

I believe in the church of baseball
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

If Castillo, Gray and Mahle would make it to the 5th inning without approaching or exceeding 100 pitches it would certainly increase their chances to pitch a third time through the order.
    Last edited by Ron Madden; 01-24-2022 at 01:04 AM.

7. Likes:

bm1475 (01-27-2022),Falls City Beer (02-11-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Baseball is a game of objective truth, statistics, and at the same time, subjective bias and aesthetics. We have all sorts of discussions about the numbers and what they mean here on RedsZone. What is one irrational, can't-prove-it-but-still-believe-it opinion you have about today's Reds?

For example, in my heart of hearts, I truly believe Nick Senzel-- should he be able to play an entire season-- will put up a 3.0 bWAR season with a near .300 BA, doubles power, and 30+ SB plus above average defense in CF. There is nothing to suggest Senzel will do that beyond a handful of ABs, but there you go. It's faith.

What do you have faith in, RedsZone?
    I would be glad to discuss faith, but I've been told that's only for the politics and religion section.

Aquino will take the George Foster route to stardom. Shows power first time with Reds, doesn't do much for the next 3+ years and then bam, he's MLB's home run king for the next few years.

10. Likes:

DayGameRedLegs (02-03-2022),goreds2 (01-23-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by DayGameRedLegs View Post
    I would be glad to discuss faith, but I've been told that's only for the politics and religion section.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

“If you remove hope and faith from the mind of a fan you destroy the fabric of the sport.”

Bud Selig

13. Likes:

DayGameRedLegs (01-24-2022),westofyou (01-24-2022)

I believe I'll have another beer

I believe the Reds will consistently field their young players, will pick up a couple of reclamation relief pitching projects who will then have career seasons, Votto will win MVP, the Reds will go deep into the plays-offs and Shogo and Moose will actually enjoy their re-assignments as stadium vendors

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    The question everyone is dying to find out, is baseball strictly forbidden in the politics and religion forum...

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Baseball is a game of objective truth, statistics, and at the same time, subjective bias and aesthetics. We have all sorts of discussions about the numbers and what they mean here on RedsZone. What is one irrational, can't-prove-it-but-still-believe-it opinion you have about today's Reds?

For example, in my heart of hearts, I truly believe Nick Senzel-- should he be able to play an entire season-- will put up a 3.0 bWAR season with a near .300 BA, doubles power, and 30+ SB plus above average defense in CF. There is nothing to suggest Senzel will do that beyond a handful of ABs, but there you go. It's faith.

What do you have faith in, RedsZone?
    Faith is the substance of things hoped for, so you hope Senzel will succeed. Faith is the evidence of things unseen. Senzel has shown signs of being a great player, but long term success in the Bigs is yet to be seen. Hopefully this is his year.

I have faith, the Reds will do better this season than last and we will win in the postseason.

I believe the bunt and the stolen base attempt will each be less underutilized than they currently are and the game will be better for it.

I have faith that Senzel will play less than 30 games due to injury allowing Friedl to have an India like season (Come out of no where to challenge for ROY)

I have faith Santillan will become our closer.

20. Likes:

M2 (01-27-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneinthBrame View Post
    I have faith Santillan will become our closer.
    This one is certainly possible, though it'd probably be at the expense of Art Warren.

(And that would be sad.)

22. Likes:

DayGameRedLegs (02-03-2022)

Turn Off Ads?