Turn Off Ads?
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 2022's QB Carousel

Re: 2022's QB Carousel

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Interesting but a lot of pieces don't add up. Sean Peyton and Brady were still under contract with their teams. They were powerless to make this happen. What did Flores leaving/lawsuit have to do with this plan? A plan that he can't control doesn't sound Brady-like to me. How can an article like this be written w/o mentioning Arians? There's certainly a story to be told there
    It's a ton of speculation/smoke...plus Florio has been involved in it...

The Boston Globe story is even more interesting and has more detail as well.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2022/04/...g-key-factors/
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

2. Likes:

Sea Ray (04-09-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Baker Mayfield not helping himself. Now you can see why the Browns wanted an adult at QB.

https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/bak...u-01g0hxa6td5p

That said, if I made 8 million a year at my job I’d have no problem with people coming in and booing me.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

5. Likes:

RiverRat13 (04-14-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Baker Mayfield not helping himself. Now you can see why the Browns wanted an adult at QB.

https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/bak...u-01g0hxa6td5p

That said, if I made 8 million a year at my job I’d have no problem with people coming in and booing me.
    Anyway, come watch us work, Baker. We'd love the boos if it comes along with your money.
    Baker still doesn't get it.

Might Baker still play for the Browns this yr seeing as Watson still isn't eligible? It might be sticky but it might be a necessary evil for both parties

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Baker still doesn't get it.

Might Baker still play for the Browns this yr seeing as Watson still isn't eligible? It might be sticky but it might be a necessary evil for both parties
    Watson is eligible. He might not be in the future, but he is now.

Browns signed Brisett. He’s gonna play if Watson can’t.

Unless there is a salary cap reason, just keep Baker until a QB gets hurt or the Seahawks realize Drew Lock is their QB.

Every team knows that Cleveland is going to have to cut him (Mayfield) loose...they are just waiting on the Browns to finally come to that realization.

A lot more was revealed in his last couple of interviews besides that statement so I understand him being a bit salty.

Played from week 2 on with a torn labrum in his shoulder...dislocated it again in week 5 and ended up breaking a bone in that same shoulder.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Every team knows that Cleveland is going to have to cut him (Mayfield) loose...they are just waiting on the Browns to finally come to that realization.

A lot more was revealed in his last couple of interviews besides that statement so I understand him being a bit salty.

Played from week 2 on with a torn labrum in his shoulder...dislocated it again in week 5 and ended up breaking a bone in that same shoulder.
    He's not getting replaced because of his 2021 season. He's getting replaced because they found a better QB. Kudos to him for playing hurt. He definitely did that. But even healthy, Watson is better

Some things are still unresolved, but here's where we stand as we close out May:

Run thru divisions -

AFC East
    Buffalo - Josh Allen - FA Trubisky signs with Steelers. Backups Barley and Keenum
    Patriots - Mac Jones - Backups Hoyer and Zappe
    Dolphins - Tua - FA Brisset to Browns. Bridgewater signs 1 Year deal as backup.
    Jets - Zach Wilson Terrible backups in Flacco/White.

AFC South
    Titans - Brian Tannehill. Logan Woodside backup. Drafted Malik Willis.
    Colts - Wentz traded to Commanders. Traded for Matt Ryan. 2 years left on his deal. Signed FA Nick Foles
    Jags - Trevor Lawrence - Backups CJ Beathard and Luton.
    Texans - Davis Mills - Traded Deshuan Watson for 3 #1's and other picks. (Drafted OG Kenyon Martin with this years #1) Backups: Logan Allen, Driskel, Hogan

AFC North
    Bengals - Burrow. Backup Brandon Allen
    Ravens - Jackson. Backups Huntley and Hundley
    Steelers - Roethlisberger retires. Haskins gets killed. Trubisky signs 2 year deal, draft Pickett in 1st round. Rudolph still backup
    Browns - Traded 3 #1's and more for Watson and gave him 230 mill guaranteed. Mayfield still in limbo and owed 18 mill. Brisset backup.

AFC West
    Chiefs - Mahomes. Henne backup
    Chargers - Herbert. Chase Daniels and Easton Stick backups
    Raiders - Derek Carr. New management gave him new deal but it can be easily dumped after 1 year. Stidham and Mullens backups. Marcus Mariotta departs for Atlanta.
    Broncos - Trade 2 #1s, 2 #2s, Drew Lock, Noah Fant for Russel Wilson. Rypien and Josh Johnson backups.

NFC East -
    Dallas - Prescott. Grier and Rush backups
    Philly - Hurts. Minshew backup. UDFA Carson Strong signed.
    Washington - Trades 2 third rounders for Carson Wentz. Heinecke is backup. Draft Howell in 5th round.
    Giants - Daniel Jones. Backups Tyrod Taylor and Davis Webb. Giants did not pick up Jones 5th year option.

NFC South
    Tampa - Tom Brady retires. Tom Brady unretires. Backups are Blaine Gabbert and Kyle Trask.
    New Orleans - Winston signs 2 year deal. Andy Dalton signs as primary backup. Ian Book is third and Taysom Hill is sometimes a QB.
    Carolina - Sam Darnold, drafted Matt Corrall in 3rd round.
    Atlanta - Trade Matt Ryan to Colts. Eat 40 million in dead cap money. Most in NFL history. Sign Mariotta to 2 year deal. Draft Desmond Ridder in 3rd round.

NFC North
    Packers - Rodgers sticks around, signs $150 million extension that will punish GB down the line. Example cap hit in 2024 is 60 million. Jordan Love still the backup. (wasted pick)
    Vikings - Kirk Cousins. Signs (essentially) a 2 year extension. Manion and Mond backups.
    Bears - Fields. They cut Foles. Dalton signs with Saints. Simeon and Peterman are backups.
    Lions - Jared Goff. Got Jameson Williams with pick received for Stafford (plus other picks). Blough and Boyle are backups

NFC West
    Rams - Stafford. Wolford backup.
    49's - Still in limbo. Garafolo still on the team. Does something happen to make Trey Lance the primary? Or is he primary already?
    Seattle - Traded Russell Wilson for 2 #1s. Got Drew Lock in return. Eason and Geno Smith backups. One of worst QB rooms in the league. Picked up Charles Cross with this years #1 pick from Denver.
    Cards - Kyler Murray pouted for a while but is back and Cards have picked up his 5th year option. Murray wants long term deal. Backup Colt McCoy.

Primary Unresolved situations: Baker Mayfield and Jimmy Garafalo

Worst QB situation: Seattle
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Final (?) Updates to the Carousel. (not updating backups unless significant).

Steelers - Trubisky is the starter to start the season. Named Captain and 1st on depth chart. Looks like Kenny Pickett has surpassed Rudolph.
    Browns - Watson finally gets his suspension resolved at 11 games. Brissett the starter with Dobbs and Mond backing up. Trade Mayfield to Panthers.

Philly - UDFA Carson Strong got $320K guaranteed to sign with Eagles and then they essentially never let him practice or play. Gets cut and no one picks him up even for practice squad.

Carolina - Trades for Baker Mayfield. He grabs the reigns and then Sam Darnold injures ankle and goes on IR, and Matt Corrall suffers a Lis Franc injury and is out for year. Backup is PJ Walker. If Baker gets hurt, Carolina could call San Fran.

49's - Lance is the starter, and Garafolo still there with modified contract waiting for an opening to happen on another team.

Seattle - Names Geno Smith the starter.

Cards - Kyler Murray gets his long term deal.

Russell Wilson got paid huge.

Justice Winslow vs Marcus Mariota (after Atlanta got stiffed on the Watson deal) offers one of them a chance to recover their careers immediately.

Jackson gets his money.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Stafford is feeling what it was like for Burrow last year every single game.

Without Whitworth, there's constant pressure in the RAMS' backfield.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Russell Wilson got paid huge.

Justice Winslow vs Marcus Mariota (after Atlanta got stiffed on the Watson deal) offers one of them a chance to recover their careers immediately.

Jackson gets his money.
    Justise Winslow is a NBA player. Who are you talking about?
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

2022's QB Carousel

Justise Winslow is a NBA player. Who are you talking about?
    I suspect Jameis Winston.

edit: corrected spelling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Revering4Blue; 09-09-2022 at 05:30 PM.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

16. Likes:

Kingspoint (09-09-2022),WVRed (09-09-2022)

Justice Winslow is a NBA player. Who are you talking about?
    Probably had been reading Blazer stuff.

Or maybe blazed while reading stuff.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

19. Likes:

Assembly Hall (09-10-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Final (?) Updates to the Carousel. (not updating backups unless significant).

Steelers - Trubisky is the starter to start the season. Named Captain and 1st on depth chart. Looks like Kenny Pickett has surpassed Rudolph.
    Browns - Watson finally gets his suspension resolved at 11 games. Brissett the starter with Dobbs and Mond backing up. Trade Mayfield to Panthers.

Philly - UDFA Carson Strong got $320K guaranteed to sign with Eagles and then they essentially never let him practice or play. Gets cut and no one picks him up even for practice squad.

Carolina - Trades for Baker Mayfield. He grabs the reigns and then Sam Darnold injures ankle and goes on IR, and Matt Corrall suffers a Lis Franc injury and is out for year. Backup is PJ Walker. If Baker gets hurt, Carolina could call San Fran.

49's - Lance is the starter, and Garafolo still there with modified contract waiting for an opening to happen on another team.

Seattle - Names Geno Smith the starter.

Cards - Kyler Murray gets his long term deal.

The accident that would make Jimmy a starter happened..... but it happened to the 49's. Ironically, it probably makes the 49's a better team.

Turn Off Ads?