Re: 2022's QB Carousel

And I guess it was real.......

Tom Brady retires !!!
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

2. Turn Off Ads?

Brady’s retiring him, so the Bucs are in the QB market now as speculated above

Edit: Well, Jax beat me to it

4. Likes:

JaxRed (01-29-2022)

Uhhhh...... Tom Brady is calling people including the Buc's GM to tell him that he has NOT made a decision yet !!!

(This could just be TB12's attempt to control the narrative, but very interesting)

Wouldn’t it be funny if Brady was like “I was going to retire but some hack writers broke the story instead of me being able to. As a result I’m coming back for 2022.”
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Uhhhh...... Tom Brady is calling people including the Buc's GM to tell him that he has NOT made a decision yet !!!

(This could just be TB12's attempt to control the narrative, but very interesting)
    Ian Rappaport says exactly this. Still retiring but trying to dictate the timing.

And..... there it is. Brady announces he's retiring.

And..... there it is. Brady announces he's retiring.
    Brady thanked all kinds of people but I found this interesting:

The 44-year-old thanked several members of the Bucs organization in addition to his personal trainer/business partner Alex Guerrero, his agent, Don Yee, and his family, but not Patriots owner Robert Kraft, head coach Bill Belichick or any member of the New England organization.
    https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/pat...gram-statement

How do you thank your coach of 2 yrs and not Belichick and the New England Patriots?

10. Likes:

texasdave (02-01-2022)

And I guess it was real.......

Tom Brady retires !!!
    I 10000000000% expect him to come out and say "You all were a bit to happy about that news, I'm Back". I guess Guissel finally won.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post

How do you thank your coach of 2 yrs and not Belichick and the New England Patriots?
    I saw where Kraft tweeted a statement congratulating him and Brady responded by thanking Patriots Nation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I saw where Kraft tweeted a statement congratulating him and Brady responded by thanking Patriots Nation.
    That was classy of Kraft but I'm sure he's well aware of Brady's original diss. Any mention of Brady thanking Belichick?

14. Likes:

Chip R (02-01-2022)

So we saw the end of two illustrious QB careers in Big Ben and Brady. Big shoes to fill. When I reflect back on all the great QBs I had the privilege to watch - I was either Bart or Johnny in those backyard games - up until the day they stepped off the field for the final time? ... it shows just how damn old I really am. I'm still having a hard time around the fact that it's been 50+ years since the Beatles broke up.

I am still uterrly amazed at how far the Bengals "jumped", from 2-14 two years ago, to a Super Bowl appearance (and I hope a win). Yes, Burrows deserves his share of the credit. But lets not forget the other vital pieces, such as drafting Chase, improving their receiving corp. The O-line was, again, an issue, and needs addressed. But yet, some how, Mixon was the NFL's 3rd leading rusher (1200+ yds).

And finally, Zach Taylor, and his entire coaching staff, the scheme/play calling came together.

But landing that franchise leading QB is a HUGE boost. And how many 1st round QBs have we seen over the years become subpar or busts? Sure, in some instances, it's almost a given with some coming out of college ... Elway, Manning, Luck, etc ... but Brady was a 6th rounder.

Just improve the O-line and protect this kid ... and make me proud to be an OHIOAN (for a change) by bringing home a Super Bowl title (LOL)

Bengals lead the series with the Rams 8-6-0
    Last edited by GAC; 02-02-2022 at 08:06 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    So we saw the end of two illustrious QB careers in Big Ben and Brady. Big shoes to fill. When I reflect back on all the great QBs I had the privilege to watch - I was either Bart or Johnny in those backyard games - up until the day they stepped off the field for the final time? ... it shows just how damn old I really am. I'm still having a hard time around the fact that it's been 50+ years since the Beatles broke up.

I am still uterrly amazed at how far the Bengals "jumped", from 2-14 two years ago, to a Super Bowl appearance (and I hope a win). Yes, Burrows deserves his share of the credit. But lets not forget the other vital pieces, such as drafting Chase, improving their receiving corp. The O-line was, again, an issue, and needs addressed. But yet, some how, Mixon was the NFL's 3rd leading rusher (1200+ yds).

And finally, Zach Taylor, and his entire coaching staff, the scheme/play calling came together.

I’m honestly not as worried about the offensive line to where I think it needs improved through the draft anymore.

The Bengals have cap space and have shown a willingness to spend lately. With this Super Bowl run they can attract free agents who want a chance at a ring vs drafting and developing which takes time.

Draft needs to be best player available regardless of position and fill any other hole through free agency.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

17. Likes:

oregonred (02-02-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post

But landing that franchise leading QB is a HUGE boost. And how many 1st round QBs have we seen over the years become subpar or busts? Sure, in some instances, it's almost a given with some coming out of college ... Elway, Manning, Luck, etc ... but Brady was a 6th rounder.

Just improve the O-line and protect this kid ... and make me proud to be an OHIOAN (for a change) by bringing home a Super Bowl title (LOL)

Thanks for your support and yes, it is amazing that we've gone from being the worst team to the Super Bowl in just two seasons.

I think RZ is just too kind but I'm going to just come out and say it: The name is Burrow. There is no "S" in his name.

19. Likes:

GAC (02-03-2022),WVRed (02-02-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post

He's signing a 1 day contract to retire a Pat. He'll probably do all that today.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

21. Likes:

Sea Ray (02-02-2022)

Apparently Aaron Rodgers is buying property in Nashville fueling speculation he could be headed to Tennessee to replace Ryan Tannehill.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Turn Off Ads?