Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022's QB Carousel

Re: 2022's QB Carousel

I wouldn't do this if I'm Cleveland. I might do a straight swap but no way I give up a first. To me they are kind of the same guy. #1 overall picks, that you aren't sure are going to be the guy that can take you to the promised land. One is on his 5th year option, 1 is one year away from his 5th year option. Murray is obviously posturing to get his big contract guaranteed now before he's plays his 4th year.

And if I'm Arizona I don't do it without a first rounder. So I don't think they match up well. It will be interesting to see what Arizona does if Murray holds out.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

2. Turn Off Ads?

The new coaches in Miami and the Giants are swearing by the existing QBs.
    Last edited by JaxRed; 02-12-2022 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    The new coaches in Miami and the Giants are swearing by the existing QBs.
    Might as well. This draft class sucks. Malik Willis, Matt Corral, Sam Howell, and Kenny Pickett are the top QBs and none are in line to go very high. Wouldn’t be surprised to see maybe Willis and Pickett in the first and the other two slide.

2023 has the potential to be a loaded class. CJ Stroud, Bryce Young, Spencer Rattler, Phil Jurkovec, Will Levis, Jake Haener, and Jaren Hall all could be first round picks depending on what happens this year. I don’t think there will be 7 first round picks (that’s a record) but depending on how trades play out and team needs it could be 1999 where three QBs went 1-2-3.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Murray situation per Chris Mortensen

The odd vibe between the @AZCardinals and Kyler Murray is indeed alarming:
    Murray is described as self-centered, immature and finger pointer, per sources.
    Murray is frustrated with franchise and was embarrassed by playoff loss to Rams and thinks he’s been framed as the scapegoat

Where’s it headed?
    Despite the acrimony, the Cardinals expect things to calm down and Murray is their QB.
    Select veterans hope to reach Murray on how he handle adversity better.
    Coach Kliff Kingsbury also is self-scouting where he can provide better alternatives for QB.

-----------------------

Given this situation, I think we are headed for trouble. There's no way Az should give an expensive long term deal if they feel this way. And Murray is obviously going to want one.

He must have said it on TV because I don't see it on Twitter but folks are saying that Chris Mortenson is reporting that Colts will trade or release Wentz before March 19th. And that 15 million of his salary becomes guaranteed on the 19th.

First.... who would trade for him, knowing he busted out in Philly and that after 1 year in Indy team wants to move on? If they traded for him a team would be on the hook for 3 years at 27 mill per year.
    Second - Yikes, Indy. Not a good look to trade a first round pick and cut the guy after 1 year. Is the owner having a knee jerk reaction and forcing the GMs hand? Or, like Philly, has Indy decided he just doesn't have "it" anymore?
    Third - And that would leave a pretty good Indy team without a QB and without a first round pick.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

He must have said it on TV because I don't see it on Twitter but folks are saying that Chris Mortenson is reporting that Colts will trade or release Wentz before March 19th. And that 15 million of his salary becomes guaranteed on the 19th.

First.... who would trade for him, knowing he busted out in Philly and that after 1 year in Indy team wants to move on? If they traded for him a team would be on the hook for 3 years at 27 mill per year.
    Second - Yikes, Indy. Not a good look to trade a first round pick and cut the guy after 1 year. Is the owner having a knee jerk reaction and forcing the GMs hand? Or, like Philly, has Indy decided he just doesn't have "it" anymore?
    Third - And that would leave a pretty good Indy team without a QB and without a first round pick.
    I don't think he does get traded, probably released. But any team that sucks and needs a QB would be who I would hit up. A team with a really good defense. I think he could be good in Denver.
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

Honestly, Frank Reich and possibly even Chris Ballard should fall on the sword as well as Wentz. They started hot and crashed down the stretch.

Wentz was Reichs guy. He coached him in Philly and played a role in getting Wentz to Indy. If it fails this bad then Reich should be at minimum on the hot seat to start next season.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

"So Fla Red"

Murray must be hanging with team culture killer and fellow Cardinal Carson Palmer. He needs to look around the NFC and be happy he has a wide open lane vs. The AFC MahomesAllenBurrowHerbertJacksonLawrence monster.

10. Likes:

Revering4Blue (02-14-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Honestly, Frank Reich and possibly even Chris Ballard should fall on the sword as well as Wentz. They started hot and crashed down the stretch.

Wentz was Reichs guy. He coached him in Philly and played a role in getting Wentz to Indy. If it fails this bad then Reich should be at minimum on the hot seat to start next season.
    I'm not convinced that the coaches aren't still behind Wentz but the owner is forcing their hand.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

I'm not convinced that the coaches aren't still behind Wentz but the owner is forcing their hand.
    And just who does Irsay think he is gonna get? That is what I want to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    And just who does Irsay think he is gonna get? That is what I want to know.
    Wentz is due $28mill this year. That's pretty pricy. Granted his replacement may very well be a step down but far cheaper. Maybe Andy Dalton at $10mill?

For subscribers of the Athletic, there is an interesting article about the QBs. Notably: Rodgers, Brady, Murray, Wentz and Garoppolo

Why Brady? The author thinks he might un-retire if it means going to the 49's which is his childhood team. Shares an agent with Garoppolo. Says rumors are Brady was frustrated with Tampa Bay coaching.

Good article.

15. Likes:

Assembly Hall (02-15-2022),RiverRat13 (02-15-2022)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Wentz is due $28mill this year. That's pretty pricy. Granted his replacement may very well be a step down but far cheaper. Maybe Andy Dalton at $10mill?
    I pass on Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I pass on Andy.
    I get it but it's not our money. Andy is a much better value than Wentz at $30mill. I wouldn't pay that unless I felt that guy would take us to the playoffs.

For subscribers of the Athletic, there is an interesting article about the QBs. Notably: Rodgers, Brady, Murray, Wentz and Garoppolo

Why Brady? The author thinks he might un-retire if it means going to the 49's which is his childhood team. Shares an agent with Garoppolo. Says rumors are Brady was frustrated with Tampa Bay coaching.

Good article.
    Brady going to SF seems unlikely. I don't think Shanahan is going to uproot his whole system to bring him in and cater to his every whim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?