Turn Off Ads?
Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6465253545556

Thread: Cincinnati Bengals Super Bowl Thread: Why Not Us?

Re: Cincinnati Bengals Super Bowl Thread: Why Not Us?

I am reminded of where I was once we clinched the division, hoping we could get that elusive playoff win, and where we ended up, almost winning it all! I am keeping those goalposts right where they were and excited to see a sustainable winning team be built.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

2. Likes:

Chip R (02-18-2022),membengal (02-17-2022),Redsfaithful (02-17-2022),Yachtzee (02-17-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    I am reminded of where I was once we clinched the division, hoping we could get that elusive playoff win, and where we ended up, almost winning it all! I am keeping those goalposts right where they were and excited to see a sustainable winning team be built.
    I would agree anything short of an AFC Championship run would feel like a set back..

Young team, bringing back your core, money to spend in FA to fix issues, drafting for depth.

You want to make your run now before Burrow hits 50 mil a season
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    I completely agree!
    Dub you were rooting hard for Stafford to win this Super Bowl. Curious what you think about the fact that he watched a woman fall 10 feet and fracture her spine only to turn around and walk away without helping or even acting remotely concerned or empathetic.

And yes I know he and his wife are now supposedly paying her medical bills, because of course their PR people realized what an awful look that was, but it definitely makes him seem like a dbag.

Oh, and the girl fell while trying to take a picture that he and his wife requested. Literally insult on top of injury.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Quote Originally Posted by Old school 1983 View Post
    I was thinking someone who could be a pest. Like Berrios. Or if you wanted a tier above Smith-Schuster. A guy that you could hit over the middle or on quick hit check down type plays as a safety valve when the big guys donít get open.
    Isn't that what Boyd is?

7. Likes:

Boss-Hog (02-18-2022),traderumor (02-18-2022)

Boyd is good and easily one of the best slot receivers in the league...why is this even a discussion? The only thing the Bengals should be looking at this offseason is improving the lines.

9. Likes:

Hillsdale87 (02-18-2022)

Boyd discussion comes after next season, no reason not to roll with the 3 WRs they have. Should try to improve depth, but that's a cost effective and elite group.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/allbe...on-to-remember

What a magical ride and really transformed a fan base...

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    Dub you were rooting hard for Stafford to win this Super Bowl. Curious what you think about the fact that he watched a woman fall 10 feet and fracture her spine only to turn around and walk away without helping or even acting remotely concerned or empathetic.

And yes I know he and his wife are now supposedly paying her medical bills, because of course their PR people realized what an awful look that was, but it definitely makes him seem like a dbag.

Oh, and the girl fell while trying to take a picture that he and his wife requested. Literally insult on top of injury.
    Dude was pretty sauced to the point Tom Brady was giving him advice.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Boyd discussion comes after next season, no reason not to roll with the 3 WRs they have. Should try to improve depth, but that's a cost effective and elite group.
    Iím not going to be disappointed if they draft someone late. Itís not a necessity but the more weapons Burrow has the better.

Another TE and an upgrade for Perine would be nice. I was hoping Evans would fill that role but heís not good in pass protection. Iíd like to see either Jalen Wydermyer or Jeremy Ruckert to replace Uzomah.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Artlicle on new CB coach Charles Burks...

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/story/...ps/7439842002/

James Bettcher is the new LB coach...he comes in from SF worked with Lou in 2018.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/...ebackers-coach

"So Fla Red"

Quote Originally Posted by Oxilon View Post
    Boyd is good and easily one of the best slot receivers in the league...why is this even a discussion? The only thing the Bengals should be looking at this offseason is improving the lines.
    Cause its the offseason

Boyd's contract is a good one over the next two years and if he helps you get a premier OL its something to be evaluated. He won't be here past 2023 with the bill on Higgins and Burrow coming due.

PFF top 101 players

Burrow
    Chase
    Higgins
    Mixon
    Reader

All make the list:https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-pff-101...021-nfl-season

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post

It definitely wasn't a good look for him. I don't think that makes him a bad person. I don't know what his thoughts were on that, maybe he didn't know it was 10 feet, who knows. He definitely could have reacted a lot better in that situation.
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

Turn Off Ads?