Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Cincinnati Bengals Super Bowl Thread: Why Not Us?

Re: Cincinnati Bengals Super Bowl Thread: Why Not Us?

It's the Super Bowl, any opponent is going to be good. The Rams will be a challenge but the Bengals feel like a team of destiny. Bring em on!

2. Likes:

RiverRat13 (01-31-2022),Stray (01-31-2022),wolfboy (01-31-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Where can I listen to Hoard/Lapham radio calls?

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Where can I listen to Hoard/Lapham radio calls?
    do you listen to podcasts? Listen to the Bengals Booth Podcast. Hoard led it with uninterrupted radio calls of all the big plays.

https://danhoard.podbean.com/
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

6. Likes:

Todd Gack (01-31-2022)

Not sure Aaron Donald can be over-hyped. He's the best defensive player in the game, and already one of the all time greats. This graph is hard to believe.

Name:  donald.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  54.2 KB
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

8. Likes:

Hillsdale87 (01-31-2022),Newport Red (01-31-2022)

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I would 100% hedge lol
    Scared money don't make money!
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

The Bengals defense has been greatly underestimated and they have performed well in the playoffs. Given that this roster being rebuilt that is amazing.

11. Likes:

The Operator (01-31-2022)

Congrats Bengal fans. I knew then stop at end of first half when be a huge motivation for yall. Mahomes didn't look like same QB on 2nd half. Some might a been Andy's conservative play calling, but he was missing all over the place. To me, the Chiefs looked as if they were playing for the tie, instead of the win, at end of game...didn't understand that at all, either. Also never knew Burrow was that elusive. Almost like he had Vaseline on his jersey the way he escaped would be sacks... NOW, go out and win it a'll, for the AFC and all of Who Dey Nation.

13. Likes:

membengal (01-31-2022),The Operator (01-31-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    do you listen to podcasts? Listen to the Bengals Booth Podcast. Hoard led it with uninterrupted radio calls of all the big plays.

I do now!

The Chiefs had 83 yards, 3 points and 2 INTs in 7 drives after halftime. Considering the opposition, it's not hyperbole to say that the Bengals played one of the best defensive halves (and OT!) in playoff history yesterday.

16. Likes:

membengal (01-31-2022),oregonred (02-01-2022),SunDeck (01-31-2022),traderumor (01-31-2022)

https://www.nfl.com/news/dolphins-we...0-nfl-draft-fo

This feels like the Ricky Williams trade except in this instance the Bengals made the right decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuff Nut View Post
    Congrats Bengal fans. I knew then stop at end of first half when be a huge motivation for yall. Mahomes didn't look like same QB on 2nd half. Some might a been Andy's conservative play calling, but he was missing all over the place. To me, the Chiefs looked as if they were playing for the tie, instead of the win, at end of game...didn't understand that at all, either. Also never knew Burrow was that elusive. Almost like he had Vaseline on his jersey the way he escaped would be sacks... NOW, go out and win it a'll, for the AFC and all of Who Dey Nation.
    The Bengals played a soft zone in the first half and got torched. They went to a man to man in the 2nd half and KC couldn't adjust. Mahomes got panicky

Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

21. Likes:

StRedlegs900 (01-31-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post

Worth it just to listen to Lapham laughing and sighing with wonder and delight at what this team did yesterday. Lap's often unable to put a sentence together when he gets excited, our Bengals version of Joe Nuxhall, bless his inarticulate heart.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

23. Likes:

Fil3232 (01-31-2022),membengal (01-31-2022),Redsfaithful (01-31-2022),The Operator (01-31-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    Worth it just to listen to Lapham laughing and sighing with wonder and delight at what this team did yesterday. Lap's often unable to put a sentence together when he gets excited, our Bengals version of Joe Nuxhall, bless his inarticulate heart.
    That's a great comparison, although no one can probably top the way people loved Nuxhall. But he's a former player turned longtime broadcaster, who sometimes makes the games hard to listen to but you can't help feel so excited for the guy especially since he's stuck with the organization after calling so many losing seasons.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Turn Off Ads?