Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 74 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2021-22: Staring at the Suns

Re: NBA 2021-22: Staring at the Suns

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    FWIW, I'm not terribly enamored of Joe Harris either. Duarte certainly could be a rough equivalent of him. Harris is an absolutely useful player to have. Can help a good team. But he's not great at hunting his own shot and he's not a creator for others. You're going to need three guys better than him if you really want to contend. The Bucks ate him alive in the playoffs last year.
    With Brogdon and Sabonis (or Turner), they already have that. Best of all, because both Brogdon and Duarte can play multiple positions, the Pacers can gee or haw with free agents. Maybe they feel they need a quick, athletic PG who can create his own shot and is a willing passer. Sexton would make some sense. If they felt they needed more shooting and a steady hand, Jalen Brunson could be had. If they want to get bigger and want to push the ball up the court, there's always Miles Bridges as a wing, with Brogdon moving back to PG. Duarte allows them to spend relatively big elsewhere while keeping that shooting guard spot adequately filled.

In today's NBA, with its dearth of quality choices, that's pretty high praise.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    With Brogdon and Sabonis (or Turner), they already have that. Best of all, because both Brogdon and Duarte can play multiple positions, the Pacers can gee or haw with free agents. Maybe they feel they need a quick, athletic PG who can create his own shot and is a willing passer. Sexton would make some sense. If they felt they needed more shooting and a steady hand, Jalen Brunson could be had. If they want to get bigger and want to push the ball up the court, there's always Miles Bridges as a wing, with Brogdon moving back to PG. Duarte allows them to spend relatively big elsewhere while keeping that shooting guard spot adequately filled.

In today's NBA, with its dearth of quality choices, that's pretty high praise.
    Turner does not create his own offense. And Brogdon's good but not stellar at it. Sabonis is very good and creates for others too. That's why I'd rebuild around Sabonis. Whether they will, I don't know.

Brunson would be a good fit for them, though they'd really need a high scoring wing. Maybe the ping pong gods will favor them.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

CJ McCollum to New Orleans.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    I'd go full scorched earth, plug Simmons in as piece one of the future, deal CJ and Dame.

I'd trade Lillard and Nurkic to Houston for Wall, Sengun, Tate, and 1sts in 2022 and 2024.
    I'd trade CJ to New Orleans for Hart, Satoransky, Alexander-Walker, and a 2022 1st.

Clear a ton of space, build with PG Simmons, G/F Alexander-Walker, F Tate, C - Sengun, and 6 first round picks over the next 3 years. Plus a TON of cap space. That Portland team would unquestionably be in the upper lottery for a few years too.
    This is the closest ive ever been on a prediction...

Actual deal - Pelicans acquire McCollum, Nance, and Snell.
    Trail Blazers acquire Hart, Satoransky, Alexander-Walker, Louzada, the Pelicans’ protected 2022 first-round pick, and two future second-round picks.

6. Likes:

Betterread (02-08-2022),M2 (02-08-2022),Revering4Blue (02-08-2022),SteelSD (02-08-2022),texasdave (02-08-2022)

This is the closest ive ever been on a prediction...

Actual deal - Pelicans acquire McCollum, Nance, and Snell.
    Trail Blazers acquire Hart, Satoransky, Alexander-Walker, Louzada, the Pelicans’ protected 2022 first-round pick, and two future second-round picks.
    On the upside for the Blazers, Hart's a player. None of the other humans headed to Portland seems like they'll have impact. The draft pick protection is interesting. It's for slots 5-14. So Portland could hit paydirt. The Pels will probably have to go through both L.A. teams to land outside the lottery. Most likely the pick doesn't convey this year. Meanwhile, Jusuf Nurkic would seem to be next in Portland's ejector seat. Teams that might be hot for him: Brooklyn, Toronto, Charlotte, Golden State, Dallas, Clippers.

Additional thought: I'm a little surprised Portland didn't ask for Jaxson Hayes in the deal.

McCollum gives Nola the scoring guard they've lacked. Nance Jr. is also extremely versatile as a combo 4/5 who can guard on the perimeter.
    Last edited by M2; 02-08-2022 at 02:25 PM.

8. Likes:

Revering4Blue (02-08-2022)

So if Zion comes back soon and looks like Zion (big if) this does what for the Pelicans?

What are the Kings doing??

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    So if Zion comes back soon and looks like Zion (big if) this does what for the Pelicans?
    I'd say they've got the same outside shot playing into the full playoffs either way. They can throw bigs against AD. CJ and Ingram should score. Next year is where they'll be hoping to make their big move. I'm curious if they can get Zion to accept a sub-max offer. Might make him prove it, kind of like what the Suns have done with Ayton.

And we probably shouldn't overlook that they still could screw up finishing in the top 10. They've fallen apart at the end of the past two seasons. Definitely could do it again.

- - - Updated - - -

What are the Kings doing??
    Nothing. They should be euthanized.

12. Likes:

Rojo Rijo (02-08-2022)

Really surprised that Indy gave up Sabonis and Sactown traded Halliburton. I think Kings get a better fit for their roster with Sabonis filling a real need. Pacers now have Brogdon and Halliburton at PG.

Not sure how to feel about Kings-Pacers deal. Will be interesting to see who benefits more in the long run. Really like Sabonis but Haliburton could be special. This is a bigger deal than it seems, basically because where these two teams are in the standings.

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    Really surprised that Indy gave up Sabonis and Sactown traded Halliburton. I think Kings get a better fit for their roster with Sabonis filling a real need. Pacers now have Brogdon and Halliburton at PG.
    The Pacers just absolutely fleeced the Kings. I like Sabonis, but the Pacers had to have put the call on mute when the Kings said Halliburton.

They’ll just trade Brogdon.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    On the upside for the Blazers, Hart's a player. None of the other humans headed to Portland seems like they'll have impact. The draft pick protection is interesting. It's for slots 5-14. So Portland could hit paydirt. The Pels will probably have to go through both L.A. teams to land outside the lottery. Most likely the pick doesn't convey this year. Meanwhile, Jusuf Nurkic would seem to be next in Portland's ejector seat. Teams that might be hot for him: Brooklyn, Toronto, Charlotte, Golden State, Dallas, Clippers.

Additional thought: I'm a little surprised Portland didn't ask for Jaxson Hayes in the deal.

McCollum gives Nola the scoring guard they've lacked. Nance Jr. is also extremely versatile as a combo 4/5 who can guard on the perimeter.
    Hayes is my current "Looks like the light just turned on" player. If NO can gel I feel like they are a PG upgrade away from being legit, if they get Zion back. Just not sure how they get one.

18. Likes:

M2 (02-08-2022),Revering4Blue (02-08-2022)

The Pacers just absolutely fleeced the Kings. I like Sabonis, but the Pacers had to have put the call on mute when the Kings said Halliburton.

They’ll just trade Brogdon.
    So you like Halliburton more than Brogdon? I love Brogdon’s Defense and P n’ R game. I Forgot Brogdon is 6’5”. Can he play SG to Halllburton at PG?

Hayes is my current "Looks like the light just turned on" player. If NO can gel I feel like they are a PG upgrade away from being legit, if they get Zion back. Just not sure how they get one.
    Everybody is saying “when” Zion returns. I think “if” - not only questions about his injury but his overall ambivalence about playing for NO.

Turn Off Ads?