Turn Off Ads?
Page 55 of 67 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 Part XVII

Re: Covid-19 Part XVII

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Here's what I posted the P&R area regarding this:

Cochrane basically says there’s no conclusive evidence one way or the other, and that it needs to be studied more rigorously. The problem is that our public health/mainstream media has taken that to mean…you just have to mask better and they help, so let’s keep masking. But in reality, studies on treatments without certain effect, ie “inconclusive,” usually recommend AGAINST continuing that treatment until further studies can be done.

This masking thing has been quite a journey. In three years we've gone through these 7 steps and possibly more:

1) you don’t need to wear a mask (based on actual previous data)
    2) wear some kind of cloth face covering (we only said #1 to save supplies for medical people). (As an aside, I remember standing in line at a convenience store behind a guy with a neck gaiter on. I forgot my mask. Had t-shirt pulled over my nose and mouth. They wouldn’t serve me because I didn’t have a proper face covering)
    3) you need to wear masks outside
    4) cloth and homemade masks actually don’t work. You should wear a surgical mask or a KN/N-95
    5) you don’t actually have to wear masks outside
    5) But, you should wear two masks inside
    6) actually, one is fine. But it should be a “well fitting” surgical mask or KN/N-95. (Another aside….did anyone ever tell American men that having a beard precludes having a “well-fitting mask?”)
    7) studies have not shown conclusively that masking for three years did anything. But that’s not because masks don’t work. It’s because people don’t use them correctly.
    Single largest wealth transfer in modern history. From everyone else, to the wealthiest corporations and individuals, naturally.

Discussing anything else in the context of covid at this point, just sounds like fart noises.

We got taken to the cleaners. Each and every one of us. Now we're being hung out to dry, like so many cloth masks that people still seem so concerned about.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Wow, this thread has really gone off the rails
    Where we gonna go?

4. Likes:

westofyou (03-12-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    Wow, this thread has really gone off the rails
    It has? Disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    It has? Disagree.
    Disagree all you want - not sure what the post previous to mine has to do with a disease that killed millions of folks - and I don't know anyone taken to the cleaners. I do know folks who had people die and/or sick from the disease - some who weren't taking their own safety seriously and still think that it wasn't the disease that killed their loved ones. Some folks want everything to be a conspiracy. So yes, off the rails.
    Where we gonna go?

7. Likes:

M2 (03-13-2023),Redsfaithful (03-12-2023),redsfan9988 (03-12-2023),Revering4Blue (03-17-2023),SteelSD (03-12-2023),westofyou (03-12-2023)

Disagree all you want - not sure what the post previous to mine has to do with a disease that killed millions of folks - and I don't know anyone taken to the cleaners. I do know folks who had people die and/or sick from the disease - some who weren't taking their own safety seriously and still think that it wasn't the disease that killed their loved ones. Some folks want everything to be a conspiracy. So yes, off the rails.
    Who said the above? Certainly no one in this thread

That and 6 dollars will get you a bag of Doritos at the grocery store.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

https://journals.lww.com/epidem/full...tcomes.10.aspx

Results:
    After 60 days and at a national level, early implementation was associated with a 9% reduction in new COVID-19 cases (aRR = 0.91 [95% CI = 0.88, 0.95]) and a 16% reduction in new COVID-19 deaths (aRR = 0.84 [95% CI = 0.76, 0.93])

11. Likes:

Redsfaithful (03-12-2023)

Here’s what I’ve learned from glancing at this thread:

What “they” are telling us is a lie

What “they” aren’t telling us confirms whatever my bat**** conspiracy theory is and if you don’t fully support and believe my position, it’s because you are a sheep who bootlicks the media and government.

STOP blindly following the media and START blinding following this one guy I saw on YouTube!

13. Likes:

M2 (03-13-2023),Redsfaithful (03-12-2023),westofyou (03-12-2023),WrongVerb (03-12-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan9988 View Post
    Here’s what I’ve learned from glancing at this thread:

What “they” are telling us is a lie

What “they” aren’t telling us confirms whatever my bat**** conspiracy theory is and if you don’t fully support and believe my position, it’s because you are a sheep who bootlicks the media and government.

STOP blindly following the media and START blinding following this one guy I saw on YouTube!
    You haven't learned much then

You haven't learned much then
    We don’t agree much on this side of the board… but this right here? This I agree with.

Disagree all you want.
    Cool. Done.

Not only did our money go to fund Wuhan, it might have gone twice:

Records reviewed by CBS News indicate the U.S. government may have paid twice for projects at China’s Wuhan labs through the National Institutes of Health and USAID. A probe into the funding is raising questions about the use of the money.
    https://twitter.com/CBS_Herridge/sta...5Es1_&ref_url=

I figure about now Fauci is consulting with his lawyers to come up with a plausible strategy that he didn't know the money was going there

They call me "chef"

Where is Dr. Fauci’s Fit Bit? What steps is Dr. Fauci hiding?

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    Where is Dr. Fauci’s Fit Bit? What steps is Dr. Fauci hiding?
    Wait… how many steps is it to Wuhan?

We’re through the looking glass here, people.

Not only did our money go to fund Wuhan, it might have gone twice:

https://twitter.com/CBS_Herridge/sta...5Es1_&ref_url=

I figure about now Fauci is consulting with his lawyers to come up with a plausible strategy that he didn't know the money was going there

You mean the "Sexiest Man Alive 2020" Dr. Fauci?

Couldn't be.

Gain of function research?

Couldn't be.

A Coronavirus escaping from the Coronavirus Institute?

Couldn't be.

Something something Fauci's Fitbit. Now that's some science I can get behind!

21. Likes:

Redhook (03-14-2023)

Turn Off Ads?