Page 1 of 67 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 Part XVII

Covid-19 Part XVII

Continue Here:

* Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Covid-19 Part XVII

Thank you for answering btw, that makes sense to me. I honestly wasn't sure if it was just not liking the feel of a mask or just not wanting the government telling you how to live. Sounds like both, but maybe more of the former.

Is it possible to even meet in the middle anymore? Like this cold and flu season question, it feels like it would be pretty smart to not mandate masks, but to allow public health to recommend wearing them during local outbreaks. It sounds like many people would just get angry and refuse to have their kids do so though, and I just don't know why these things are political to begin with or why we seemingly don't really care about limiting disease.

The flu really isn't a minor thing for a lot of people, even the healthy. Beyond the fact that the flu is rough, a lot of auto-immune diseases seem to start with a minor virus.

If we could get most kids through childhood without exposure to viruses we'd certainly have better lifetime health outcomes overall.
    I have zero problem with recommendations from gov't. In reality pretty much no one would wear masks if they're not mandated because: it's sucks to wear them, which gets back to my original point that Buck and others can't seem to grasp

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I have zero problem with recommendations from gov't. In reality pretty much no one would wear masks if they're not mandated because: it's sucks to wear them, which gets back to my original point that Buck and others can't seem to grasp
    Not sure where you get that conclusion. I'm wearing a mask in a grocery store even when its not mandated when the Covid numbers are high because I don't trust my fellow man. And I'm not the only person in that bucket.

5. Likes:

dabvu2498 (02-12-2022),RFS62 (02-11-2022),westofyou (02-09-2022)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    Not sure where you get that conclusion. I'm wearing a mask in a grocery store even when its not mandated when the Covid numbers are high because I don't trust my fellow man. And I'm not the only person in that bucket.
    Same here.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Correct, reminded of that daily on the internet

I get that conclusion from personal experience. Here in Ohio hardly anyone is wearing masks. In Seattle it's drastically different. If you want to wear a mask, I support it 100%

9. Likes:

GAC (02-12-2022),goreds2 (02-09-2022)

Hospitalizations due to C19 in Ohio are down to 11.8% of total capacity compared to 19.1% two weeks ago but...available beds have also dropped from two weeks ago, 16.6% to 16.1% today.

In other words, C19 patients fell from 4717 to 2863 but the number of empty beds went from 4111 to 3909. So much for covid driving hospitalization numbers. The hospitals are more full now than they were when they had 2K more C19 patients

https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/por...spitalizations

11. Likes:

goreds2 (02-09-2022)

I don’t trust my fellow man either, but that’s why I got vaccinated. I’m more likely to die from listeria from the lettuce in the grocery store then from catching Covid from somebody.

13. Likes:

goreds2 (02-10-2022),Todd Gack (02-10-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by BernieCarbo View Post
    I don’t trust my fellow man either, but that’s why I got vaccinated. I’m more likely to die from listeria from the lettuce in the grocery store then from catching Covid from somebody.
    So true. So why are we wearing masks to prevent such a mild illness? Last night I saw My Fair Lady at the Aronoff. Had to show proof of vax to get in. Wearing a mask really sucked. It was fogging up my glasses on every breath. I doubt I'll wear my mask "properly" at the Super Bowl. I'm sure many will follow suit. They won't enforce this

15. Likes:

goreds2 (02-10-2022)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

So true. So why are we wearing masks to prevent such a mild illness? Last night I saw My Fair Lady at the Aronoff. Had to show proof of vax to get in. Wearing a mask really sucked. It was fogging up my glasses on every breath. I doubt I'll wear my mask "properly" at the Super Bowl. I'm sure many will follow suit. They won't enforce this
    With the heat and very low humidity expected for Sunday, you shouldn't experience fogging at all.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

As a glasses wearer myself, anti-fog wipes have been a godsend.

Hospitalizations due to C19 in Ohio are down to 11.8% of total capacity compared to 19.1% two weeks ago but...available beds have also dropped from two weeks ago, 16.6% to 16.1% today.

In other words, C19 patients fell from 4717 to 2863 but the number of empty beds went from 4111 to 3909. So much for covid driving hospitalization numbers. The hospitals are more full now than they were when they had 2K more C19 patients

https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/por...spitalizations
    hospitalizations lag infections, they should go down - unless the virus is still high amongst the unvaxxed, because I believe that is who is largely in the hospital.

hospitalizations lag infections, they should go down - unless the virus is still high amongst the unvaxxed, because I believe that is who is largely in the hospital.
    Covid hospitalizations are going down. That's my point. However other hospitalizations have gone up

Covid hospitalizations are going down. That's my point. However other hospitalizations have gone up
    Possibly because folks delayed going to the hospital while they were being overran with unvaxxed covid patients.

Yesterday I was in Bogota, and today I am in Texas. What a difference a day makes with respect to the prevalence of masking. Yesterday I had to wear a mask walking down the street outside. Today my Uber driver and I mutually agreed to take off our masks. That Covid test to get back into the US (and avoid quarantine in Colombia) sure makes one's heart pound!

Turn Off Ads?