Turn Off Ads?
Page 27 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 Part XVII

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Re: Covid-19 Part XVII

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Just stop
    Who are you to deny him the attention he so desperately needs?
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

2. Turn Off Ads?

I had this discussion with someone last week. He felt as a society we were already trending to working from home/all these doctor/therapy appts via zoom. But covid rapidly speed it up. I agreed with his take

They're still approving this without adequate research:

The Food and Drug Administration is expected to authorize new COVID-19 booster shots this week without a staple of its normal decision-making process: data from a study showing whether the shots were safe and worked in humans.

The shots, modified to target the latest versions of the omicron variant, won’t have finished testing in humans when the FDA makes its decisions.

Instead, the agency plans to assess the shots using data from other sources such as research in mice, the profiles of the original vaccines and the performance of earlier iterations of boosters targeting older forms of omicron.

“Real world evidence from the current mRNA COVID-19 vaccines, which have been administered to millions of individuals, show us that the vaccines are safe,” FDA Commissioner Robert Califf said in a recent tweet. The FDA pointed to Califf’s tweets when asked for comment.
    https://www.marketwatch.com/story/ne...in-11661719403

I'd like some questions answered before taking this:

1) Is this a vaccine that'll keep me from getting C19 or will it just lessen my symptoms?
    2) Which variants is it effective against?
    3) How long will it last?
    4) What's its success rate?
    5) What percentage of recipients had serious adverse reactions like cardiomyopathy?

How can these questions be answered if the human trials aren't in yet? I sure hope the media asks these tough questions of Fauci and Co

Looks like the new shots are out and none of my questions are being answered

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...target-omicron

About all they'll say is that they "aim to protect..."

The Food and Drug Administation authorized reformulated versions of the Moderna and Pfizer-BioNTech vaccines that aim to protect against the omicron variant.
    I just got naturally immunized to the BA 5 variant. I am not getting this shot. How 'bout the rest of you?

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

I will get it because I did not like having Covid and would like to not have it again and am not trying to purposefully annoy people on a baseball message board.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

7. Likes:

Redsfaithful (08-31-2022),RedTeamGo! (08-31-2022),westofyou (08-31-2022)

They call me "chef"

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatFan View Post
    I will get it because I did not like having Covid and would like to not have it again and am not trying to purposefully annoy people on a baseball message board.
    You wouldn’t last a day posting in the south.

9. Likes:

dabvu2498 (08-31-2022),moewan (09-01-2022),Redsfaithful (08-31-2022),RedTeamGo! (08-31-2022),westofyou (08-31-2022),WildcatFan (08-31-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatFan View Post
    No one is claiming that this shot will protect you from getting Covid. I'm not sure why you think it will do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    No one is claiming that this shot will protect you from getting Covid. I'm not sure why you think it will do that.
    You are free to make your own decision. I'll get the shot, just like I'll get my flu shot.
    Where we gonna go?

12. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (08-31-2022),westofyou (08-31-2022)

It's amazing how many people are experts in communicable diseases these days.

Way more than when I was younger, I guess we are truly blessed.

14. Likes:

WrongVerb (08-31-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    You are free to make your own decision. I'll get the shot, just like I'll get my flu shot.
    We're all free to make our own decisions. I'm asking you where you heard that this shot would keep you from getting Covid. It didn't keep Joe and Kill Biden from getting infected. It didn't keep Fauci from getting infected. I guess your response is my answer

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    It's amazing how many people are experts in communicable diseases these days.

Way more than when I was younger, I guess we are truly blessed.
    Who's an expert? Fauci? Well Fauci knows better than anyone that the shot doesn't prevent you from getting Covid

From the CDC:

COVID-19 vaccines help protect against severe illness, hospitalization and death. COVID-19 vaccines also help protect against infection. People who are vaccinated may still get COVID-19.
    Last edited by Sea Ray; 08-31-2022 at 05:34 PM.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

I wish I lived in the all or nothing, black and white world that some others seem to.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

17. Likes:

mole44 (09-01-2022),westofyou (08-31-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    We're all free to make our own decisions. I'm asking you where you heard that this shot would keep you from getting Covid. It didn't keep Joe and Kill Biden from getting infected. It didn't keep Fauci from getting infected. I guess your response is my answer

- - - Updated - - -

Who's an expert? Fauci? Well Fauci knows better than anyone that the shot doesn't prevent you from getting Covid

From the CDC:
    Did I say the shot will prevent me from getting Covid? I did not, but I have been told by reputable doctors and scientists that it will likely lessen any symptoms I have.

Good luck to you sir in your future endeavors.
    Where we gonna go?

19. Likes:

LeatherPants (09-02-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    Did I say the shot will prevent me from getting Covid? I did not, but I have been told by reputable doctors and scientists that it will likely lessen any symptoms I have.

Good luck to you sir in your future endeavors.
    If you are getting it to lessen your symptoms, there is some factual basis to your decision, unlike what you stated earlier which was not based on facts

NBC News describes this new shot " a gamble" due to lack of testing:

FDA's gamble on the new Covid boosters
    Federal health officials hope that the new vaccines will provide stronger protection over the existing booster shots, which still target the original coronavirus strain. But the lack of data in humans means officials likely won’t know how much better the new shots are — if at all — until the fall booster campaign is well underway.

The FDA’s decision to move forward without data from human trials is a gamble, experts say, threatening to further lower public trust in the vaccines should the new boosters not work as intended.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...ople-rcna45387

It's been tested on 8 mice. They don't know how effective it'll be. They don't know how common serious side effects are like cardiomyopathy or blood clots. Why should Americans take a drug that's described as a gamble? I get why we had to do this in 2020. The world was in a crisis and we had to stop the bleeding but that's not where we are now. We should not still be pushing untested vaccines in 2022

If you are against the booster, don't take it.

I don't think you are convincing anyone here on whatever position you are taking.
    Where we gonna go?

Turn Off Ads?