Turn Off Ads?
Page 22 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 Part XVII

Re: Covid-19 Part XVII

Anthony Fauci, Francis Collins and other bigwigs at the National Institutes of Health reaped more than $350 million in secretive “royalty” payments from drug companies and other third parties over a 10-year period, according to an explosive new report from a watchdog organization.

The report from OpenTheBooks.com said the royalty payments, including at least 23 to Fauci and 14 to his former boss, Collins, were paid out between 2010 and 2020. Government scientists got the payments for being credited as “co-inventors” of various treatments and pharmaceutical products, according to the report.

“Because those payments enrich the agency and its scientists, each and every royalty payment could be a potential conflict of interest and needs disclosure,” OpenTheBooks.com co-founder and CEO Adam Andrzejewski wrote. “NIH is a revolving door of tens of billions of dollars in government grant-making coupled with hundreds of millions of dollars in private – non-transparent – royalty payments.”
    https://www.dailywire.com/news/fauci...atchdog-report

2. Turn Off Ads?

I have literally no opinion on Fauci but if a person can't read the first two paragraphs there and understand how they're being misled then they're going to have a bad time in life.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

4. Likes:

dabvu2498 (05-11-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I have literally no opinion on Fauci but if a person can't read the first two paragraphs there and understand how they're being misled then they're going to have a bad time in life.
    If Fauci is cashing paychecks from Pfizer and Moderna, can we trust him when he says "go get these vaccines"?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    If Fauci is cashing paychecks from Pfizer and Moderna, can we trust him when he says "go get these vaccines"?
    i made no decisions based on Fauci to begin with
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

7. Likes:

westofyou (05-12-2022)

A new study has blown the debate wide open: It shows that masks are not only worthless against Covid-19, wearing them might potentially be harmful for people’s physical and mental health and for society in general.

A peer-reviewed journal article in Cureus called the “Correlation Between Mask Compliance and COVID-19 Outcomes in Europe” has come to the stunning conclusion that the higher the mask compliance rates, the higher the Covid case rates. For those who aren’t well-versed in statistics, this is the exact opposite of what researchers should find if masks indeed “worked.”
    https://beckernews.com/more-masks-mo...navirus-44952/

The last time the global 7 day average daily deaths was lower than it is today was March 24, 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    i made no decisions based on Fauci to begin with
    The guy lives in many peoples heads though. Has to be charging rent by now

Stéphane Bancel, CEO of Moderna:

"it's sad to say, I'm in the process of throwing 30 million doses in the garbage because nobody wants them. We have a big demand problem."

Notes that China doesn't want any MRNA products and how there's 7 billion doses.
    https://twitter.com/realmonsanto/sta...5Es1_&ref_url=

Children are being infected with up to THREE viruses at a time because COVID measures have worn down their immune systems and made them vulnerable to illnesses usually only caught in winter, experts warn

Children are turning up in doctors' clinics infected with as many as three different types of viruses, in what experts believe is the result of their immune systems being weakened from two years of COVID lockdowns and mask-wearing.

Medical staff have come to expect a surge in cases of flu and severe colds during the winter.

But they are reporting that there is not the usual downturn as summer approaches - and they suspect it could be due to the strict pandemic practices.
    https://www.newsbreak.com/news/26358...oD9&lang=en_US

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

People who caught Covid in first wave get ‘no immune boost’ from Omicron

People who caught Covid during the first wave of the pandemic get no boost to their immune response if they subsequently catch Omicron, a study of triple vaccinated people reports.

Experts say that while three doses of a Covid jab help to protect individuals against severe outcomes should they catch Omicron, previous infections can affect their immune response.

“If you were infected during the first wave, then you can’t boost your immune response if you have an Omicron infection,” said Prof Rosemary Boyton, of Imperial College London, a co-author of the study.

The team also found an Omicron infection offered little extra protection against catching the variant again. “When Omicron started flying around the country, people kept saying that’s OK, that will improve people’s immunity,” said Boyton. “What we’re saying is it’s not a good booster of immunity.”

The team said the findings may help to explain why reinfections with Omicron over a short time period have been so frequent, adding the findings were also important for vaccine development.
    Remember how some people were pushing "herd immunity" at the start of the pandemic?
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

14. Likes:

M2 (06-15-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    People who caught Covid in first wave get ‘no immune boost’ from Omicron

Remember how some people were pushing "herd immunity" at the start of the pandemic?
    That is interesting. It also seems to mean that there's little benefit to getting booster shots.

Now let me give this anecdotal story: My daughter just started coming down with covid as family gathered for her graduation two weeks ago. In the end at least 5 of 9 people tested positive. I have had zero symptoms thus I have not tested. Of the 9, only one tested negative. That was a 22 yr old who had covid a couple months ago. I think he did have immunity. No one had bad symptoms. Basically a head cold. No fever, no loss of taste/smell. So if we've reduced covid-19 to a head cold I'd say that is a success that we should celebrate and move on from. I'm no longer alarmed when someone states "I've been exposed to covid". We're all exposed, more often than we know.

Was everyone vaxxed?

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

There's zero reason not to get vaxxed (unless you're one of the very, very rare people excused with the blessing of your doctor).
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    There's zero reason not to get vaxxed (unless you're one of the very, very rare people excused with the blessing of your doctor).
    I agree with you. I think that's why my family only had "head colds". My comment was about a booster. The booster, particularly a second one, is not geared towards Omicron

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Was everyone vaxxed?
    Yes

From the medical source Up to Date:

Most of the respiratory viruses that cause colds are capable of reinfection after reexposure [1]. However, subsequent infections with the same or similar agents are generally milder and of shorter duration [8]. The molecular and genetic basis for incomplete cross-protection following infection with one strain is not fully understood. However, data from rhinoviruses suggest that this may be due in part to a remarkable degree of structural and molecular variability, both within serotypes and between the divergent field strains that frequently arise from a given reference virus
    Sure sounds like covid is now just another cold

20. Likes:

goreds2 (06-17-2022)

Turn Off Ads?