Turn Off Ads?
Page 24 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 Part XVII

Re: Covid-19 Part XVII

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    If anyone knows about ignoring questions, it's SR.
    If anything I respond too often around here. I really oughta get a life

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Got it. My wife brought it back with her from a trip to Spain.

Vaccinated and boosted, I should be fine.

Two years and the damn thing finally caught me.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    Got it. My wife brought it back with her from a trip to Spain.

Vaccinated and boosted, I should be fine.

Two years and the damn thing finally caught me.
    Got it last week as well for the first time as well. Airplane/airport for sure.

5. Likes:

oneupper (06-28-2022)

Masking is not without its drawbacks as I've stated many times. This study looked at CO-2 levels in kids wearing masks and found it far beyond acceptable levels:

In conclusion we have produced experimental data that show that carbon dioxide content in inhaled air rises on average to 13,000 to 13,750 ppm no matter whether children wear a surgical or an FFP2 mask. This is far beyond the level of 2,000 ppm considered the limit of acceptability and beyond the 1,000 ppm that are normal for air in closed rooms. This estimate is rather on the low side, as we only measured this after a short time without physical exertion. Decision makers and law courts should take this into consideration when establishing rules and guidance to fight infections.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9142210/

“immune function among vaccinated individuals 8mo. after the administration of two doses of COVID vaccine was lower than that among the unvaccinated”.

According to European Med Agency, “frequent booster shots could adversely affect the immune response”
    https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/35659687/

Makes you wonder why Fauci and Co are still pushing this stuff

8. Likes:

Sassy Sal (07-26-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/35659687/

Makes you wonder why Fauci and Co are still pushing this stuff
    Makes you wonder about a lot of things, but that isn't one of them.
    Where we gonna go?

10. Likes:

M2 (07-21-2022),marcshoe (07-24-2022)

I'm currently dealing with a case of Covid. Here is my full report:

My earliest symptom was Tuesday night. I had a very mildly dry scratchy throat. On Wednesday that issue did not go away and worsened slightly. On Wednesday evening/night I developed body aches and got the shakes and shivers while trying to sleep. On Thursday I knew I was sick but could still function, so I did take my Sea Ray out for the day. By 7pm I felt awful. Checked all the boxes of the BA5 variant: sore throat, body aches, fever, dry cough, "swollen" head...full of gunk which I was coughing out often. By Friday morning I could barely talk and tested positive via a home test. My throat felt like someone scraping my tonsils with a plastic back scratcher every time I swallowed, which was very often due to all this drainage. I treated this with Vit D, Zinc, antioxidants, aspirin and lots of fluids which were VERY painful due to the sore throat. On Saturday I was still in bad shape. Couldn't kick the fever. I purposely didn't treat the fever (101.5 at that point) with Tylenol 'cause I wanted my body to handle it. By Saturday evening I had begun to turn the corner. By Sunday morning my fever is gone and my recovery has gone faster than I ever imagined. Tonight I feel about 90% or more. My main issue is I still sound hoarse. All in all I felt like hell for 48 hrs. Once my immune system got ahold of this virus, it kicked butt. If I have a setback, I'll report back but that's my story. I can't say it's the worst bug I've ever had but so what? I get sick like this maybe once every ten yrs.

I've been fully vaxed and boosted once. It's my opinion that the vax was fairly effective against the original C19 but we're 5 variants or so past that. It is pretty much obsolete vs the BA5. My wife and daughter who got Covid in early June are doing fine. It appears they have immunity. I plan to greatly enjoy this immunity I've earned greatly.

Any further questions or comments, fire away. I consider this another cold virus that we will have to deal with for the foreseeable future. I'm not going to let it control my life.

My earliest symptom was Tuesday night. I had a very mildly dry scratchy throat. On Wednesday that issue did not go away and worsened slightly. On Wednesday evening/night I developed body aches and got the shakes and shivers while trying to sleep. On Thursday I knew I was sick but could still function, so I did take my Sea Ray out for the day. By 7pm I felt awful. Checked all the boxes of the BA5 variant: sore throat, body aches, fever, dry cough, "swollen" head...full of gunk which I was coughing out often. By Friday morning I could barely talk and tested positive via a home test. My throat felt like someone scraping my tonsils with a plastic back scratcher every time I swallowed, which was very often due to all this drainage. I treated this with Vit D, Zinc, antioxidants, aspirin and lots of fluids which were VERY painful due to the sore throat. On Saturday I was still in bad shape. Couldn't kick the fever. I purposely didn't treat the fever (101.5 at that point) with Tylenol 'cause I wanted my body to handle it. By Saturday evening I had begun to turn the corner. By Sunday morning my fever is gone and my recovery has gone faster than I ever imagined. Tonight I feel about 90% or more. My main issue is I still sound hoarse. All in all I felt like hell for 48 hrs. Once my immune system got ahold of this virus, it kicked butt. If I have a setback, I'll report back but that's my story. I can't say it's the worst bug I've ever had but so what? I get sick like this maybe once every ten yrs.

I've been fully vaxed and boosted once. It's my opinion that the vax was fairly effective against the original C19 but we're 5 variants or so past that. It is pretty much obsolete vs the BA5. My wife and daughter who got Covid in early June are doing fine. It appears they have immunity. I plan to greatly enjoy this immunity I've earned greatly.

Any further questions or comments, fire away. I consider this another cold virus that we will have to deal with for the foreseeable future. I'm not going to let it control my life.
    Hope you recover quickly. Chicken noodle soup rules!
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    Hope you recover quickly. Chicken noodle soup rules!
    That was on diet! That was easy on the throat, of course it's gotta be Campbells...

I'm 8 days in and here's the scoop:

I'm back to work

My energy level is about 90-95%

Still have a somewhat hoarse voice but it's improving every day. Still cough up phlegm or whatever about every couple hours.

I have pretty much zero taste or smell. I guess I won't be spending money at expensive restaurants for awhile

I'm taking no medications at this point

This bug seems to be running rampant through the midwest right now. Rampant

I've had multiple bouts with this virus(different variants) and my symptoms were very similar to yours. Felt like hell for a couple of days with almost zero energy. After about 36-48 hours, I gradually started to improve.

I wish I could say the same for a friend of mine. He passed away from his battle with this "cold virus. " He was several years older than me ,but otherwise in pretty good health. It was so sad knowing he died, isolated in a CCU, away from his beloved wife and kids. Their final goodbyes were by phone. RIP Robert, you were a wonderful man, friend, father, and grandfather.
    Last edited by Ky Fried Redleg; 08-04-2022 at 02:23 AM.
    “It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

Quote Originally Posted by Ky Fried Redleg View Post
    I've had multiple bouts with this virus(different variants) and my symptoms were very similar to yours. Felt like hell for a couple of days with almost zero energy. After about 36-48 hours, I gradually started to improve.

I wish I could say the same for a friend of mine. He passed away from his battle with this "cold virus. " He was several years older than me ,but otherwise in pretty good health. It was so sad knowing he died, isolated in a CCU, away from his beloved wife and kids. Their final goodbyes were by phone. RIP Robert, you were a wonderful man, friend, father, and grandfather.
    Very sorry to hear about your friend. Was he vaccinated?

It’s a thing still. I work in an assisted living facility with an outbreak. I thought the warmer air would have prevented it but no. Thankfully for the most part the cases seem mild as far as I can tell

Quote Originally Posted by ShyGuy View Post
    It’s a thing still. I work in an assisted living facility with an outbreak. I thought the warmer air would have prevented it but no. Thankfully for the most part the cases seem mild as far as I can tell
    It's always been a thing. Just not that big of a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    It's always been a thing. Just not that big of a thing.
    What exactly do you mean by that? Before the vaccines in 2010 this killed a good number of the residents with compromised immune systems.

Turn Off Ads?