Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 Part XVII

Re: Covid-19 Part XVII

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    Agreed. Requiring proof of vaccination or negative test (as was done), was really enough.
    This I agree with, and what I think has been a major failure of how this was handled. Once some one was vaccinated, they should be in the clear and allowed to do whatever they wanted. Obviously at stores and generally out, that was hard to enforce.

But going to a football game, it was easy to enforce. Show proof of vaccination at entry, and then no more restrictions.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'm pretty much okay with that since I'm vaccinated, but I don't know how that's a particularly useful measure to prevent spread at this point. Proof of negative test would be far better, but I sure as hell don't want to endorse that as a standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    There's no direct corrleation, but it's obvious. Good to know. And the statement about correlation between vaccine and mask wearing being meaningful is pretty silly in this context. I'll let you figure out why.
    I wasn’t talking about this specific situation, but about pandemics as a whole throughout history.

And science is all about the nuance of understanding the many types of correlations and what they mean. It’s not all black and white, its billons of shades of every color.

Here in Kansas we're seeing case numbers at levels we haven't seen since before Thanksgiving. It is quite a welcome sight.
    Last edited by Boston Red; 02-14-2022 at 10:23 AM.

6. Likes:

goreds2 (02-14-2022)

I can definitely speak to the Super Bowl. They did not check vax status. And pretty much no fans wore masks...no one cared. In my hotel, masks are required but patrons didn't wear them. It wasn't enforced. It's just a silly law that folks scoffed at but it makes liberal states like California feel better if they have it on the book

I will say that the NFL experience at the Convention Ctr was different. They did wear masks in there and they did check vax cards

8. Likes:

goreds2 (02-14-2022)

We're seeing some states end their mask mandates for everywhere but schools, which makes little sense as those age groups are the least at risk.

I do think it will make sense for schools to require masks from roughly Thanksgiving until Valentine's Day for the next few years. We are most likely going to have winter surges.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I can definitely speak to the Super Bowl. They did not check vax status. And pretty much no fans wore masks...no one cared. In my hotel, masks are required but patrons didn't wear them. It wasn't enforced. It's just a silly law that folks scoffed at but it makes liberal states like California feel better if they have it on the book

I will say that the NFL experience at the Convention Ctr was different. They did wear masks in there and they did check vax cards
    I also think employees getting yelled at or assaulted for asking someone to wear a mask while making 15 dollars per hour comes into play as well in regards to enforcement...

The science changed my wife wore a mask every day teaching and still brought COVID home...omnicron was a bit of a game changer when it came to masking. Unless you had an N95 it was going to find you.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

11. Likes:

Revering4Blue (02-15-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    We're seeing some states end their mask mandates for everywhere but schools, which makes little sense as those age groups are the least at risk.

I do think it will make sense for schools to require masks from roughly Thanksgiving until Valentine's Day for the next few years. We are most likely going to have winter surges.
    I know in NY they are going to reevaluate after Feb break...

I think they wanted to make sure the numbers kept going down...
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    I also think employees getting yelled at or assaulted for asking someone to wear a mask while making 15 dollars per hour comes into play as well in regards to enforcement...

The science changed my wife wore a mask every day teaching and still brought COVID home...omnicron was a bit of a game changer when it came to masking. Unless you had an N95 it was going to find you.
    Absolutely. It's a headache for all concerned and no, I don't want kids in school wearing masks next Winter. Full stop

14. Likes:

goreds2 (02-15-2022)

Cases here in Ohio keep dropping. Daily counts are basically 50% of what they were a week ago. The ones who said they'd drop as quickly as they went up were absolutely correct.

The ones who said they'd drop as quickly as they went up were absolutely correct.
    everyone? we've experienced this 3-4x at this point, probably will continue to experience it for years since herd immunity is off the table
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post

The rational is that children are the least vaccinated, and the school setting is a breeding ground for the virus. But I agree that we will likely see it become a seasonal issue. I can see mask wearing during flu season being a regular thing even if Covid gets under control. Sick kids in the winter has always been a regular problem for schools.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    everyone? we've experienced this 3-4x at this point, probably will continue to experience it for years since herd immunity is off the table
    I didn't use the word "everyone" so your one word sentence has no meaning. If your point is that we'll experience more spikes, sure, that's possible. And we'll just have to weather it

I didn't use the word "everyone" so your one word sentence has no meaning. If your point is that we'll experience more spikes, sure, that's possible. And we'll just have to weather it
    right, you said "the ones", point is who didn't expect cases to come down?
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    right, you said "the ones", point is who didn't expect cases to come down?
    A few stated that this spike would be different than the previous ones. Most just blabbered and offered no such prediction

Turn Off Ads?