Turn Off Ads?
Page 26 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 NFL Season

Re: 2022 NFL Season

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    The bottomline is that the Commissioner is a Czar, the NFL has a very weak player's union. Goodell will get what he wants. Goodell just fined the Dolphins' Owner $1.5M and took two draft picks from him for tampering.

Goodell will want to make this fine 10% of his gauranteed money of his new contract AND a one-year suspension. A new bar will be set. He's not going to let Watson appear on an NFL field for at least a year, in practice or at a game...not even as a fan. He'll be banned. It will also send a message to Haslem, and basically a fine to Haslem, because Haslem will be paying that 10%. That contract completely screwed up the financial balance of the NFL and Haslem is the cause. There will be a monetary price to pay by Haslem through Watson.
    If this happens it will be interesting to see what happens with the Browns in 2022. On one hand, they have a great roster, but they would have a bad QB. I suppose they could win 7-8 games.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

2. Turn Off Ads?

If it works for the Steelers it could for the Browns.

The bottomline is that the Commissioner is a Czar, the NFL has a very weak player's union. Goodell will get what he wants. Goodell just fined the Dolphins' Owner $1.5M and took two draft picks from him for tampering.

Goodell will want to make this fine 10% of his gauranteed money of his new contract AND a one-year suspension. A new bar will be set. He's not going to let Watson appear on an NFL field for at least a year, in practice or at a game...not even as a fan. He'll be banned. It will also send a message to Haslem, and basically a fine to Haslem, because Haslem will be paying that 10%. That contract completely screwed up the financial balance of the NFL and Haslem is the cause. There will be a monetary price to pay by Haslem through Watson.
    I bet none of that happens or even close, but we shall see.

I’m curious here how fans feel about the Bills. It’s the team I’ve always liked.

Imo though many of their fans at least going by their message boards have gotten rather arrogant and full of themselves. They are all expecting a Super Bowl win and Josh Allen is their messiah. I mean the Bengals helped break their playoff drought but that is long forgotten.

Bengals vs the Bills though should be a good game this year

Quote Originally Posted by ShyGuy View Post
    I’m curious here how fans feel about the Bills. It’s the team I’ve always liked.

Imo though many of their fans at least going by their message boards have gotten rather arrogant and full of themselves. They are all expecting a Super Bowl win and Josh Allen is their messiah. I mean the Bengals helped break their playoff drought but that is long forgotten.

Bengals vs the Bills though should be a good game this year
    They easily have the best Defense in the NFL. That's why they are favored. They have problems running the ball, but in this league you don't have to. Josh Allen is a top-tier QB, so any team with a top-tier QB is highly-rated while having a good chance to get to the Super Bowl. The Bills' biggest problem is that they are in the AFC. As far as I'm concerned, the AFC is going through Cincinnati, not Buffalo or KC. Cincinnati did it on the road last year, and damn near won the Super Bowl in the home team's City. Cincinnati will be playing a couple of playoff games at home this year.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

7. Likes:

Revering4Blue (08-07-2022),ShyGuy (08-07-2022),WrongVerb (08-06-2022)

They easily have the best Defense in the NFL. That's why they are favored. They have problems running the ball, but in this league you don't have to. Josh Allen is a top-tier QB, so any team with a top-tier QB is highly-rated while having a good chance to get to the Super Bowl. The Bills' biggest problem is that they are in the AFC. As far as I'm concerned, the AFC is going through Cincinnati, not Buffalo or KC. Cincinnati did it on the road last year, and damn near won the Super Bowl in the home team's City. Cincinnati will be playing a couple of playoff games at home this year.
    The Bills run the ball fairly well with Allen they just don't have the homerun hitter who can break a 40 yd run cept for Allen which isn't a good thing. The defense will depend on if White is healthy as KC exposed them in the playoff game. The O line is bit shaky...I think the Bills are a good team and Josh Allen is a lot like Burrow great leader and likeable kid. I will be rooting for both teams to do well this season.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

9. Likes:

ShyGuy (08-07-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    The Bills run the ball fairly well with Allen they just don't have the homerun hitter who can break a 40 yd run cept for Allen which isn't a good thing. The defense will depend on if White is healthy as KC exposed them in the playoff game. The O line is bit shaky...I think the Bills are a good team and Josh Allen is a lot like Burrow great leader and likeable kid. I will be rooting for both teams to do well this season.
    Yeah the whole 13 seconds was a coaching debacle as well. Their O Line I think improved by the end of the year?

But since your location is Waterloo, is saying local people there love Josh Allen an understatement? Going by their message boards he is looked at as a God

Yeah the whole 13 seconds was a coaching debacle as well. Their O Line I think improved by the end of the year?

But since your location is Waterloo, is saying local people there love Josh Allen an understatement? Going by their message boards he is looked at as a God
    I would dare say he is more popular than Jim Kelly who is an all time great. He will only sign autographs for kids he's a guy who is easy to root for. He does still have the occasional bad pass or poor decision but he has improved so much since he was drafted. As far as the O line they have some different pieces in place and a new O line coach so it may take some time to gel. Cody Ford has been a disappointment for them and is on the bubble for a spot. The second corner next to Whites spot is a bit of a question mark though they did draft the kid from Florida. If Buffalo gets home field advantage it will be game set match come the playoffs. I look forward to the show down with Burrow as most of my friends here are Bills fans.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

12. Likes:

ShyGuy (08-10-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    When you break down their running game, they have an incredible run-weapon in Allen, the best QB option running the ball inside the 10-yard line in the NFL. Yes, much better than Kyler Murray, who is now afraid to run the ball after his injuries two years ago. Now that he has all of the money, he'll be even less likely to run the ball if he thinks there's any chance that he might get hurt. Allen goes head-first into opponents. He's tough as nails. And, no. Baltimore's QB is not a better runner inside the 10-yard line than Allen. As a 3rd-down threat, Allen is as good as anyone. Their runningbacks are terrilble, though, as is their run-blocking.

The Bills could lose the opening game to the RAMS with Jordan Poyer likely to miss the game (hyper-extended elbow in camp last week, and that was good news). While it's a 17-game regular season, there's still a pretty good chance that TEN and BUF will be the 1-2 seeds. No way will K.C., as it's likely the Chiefs, like everyone else in the Division, lose 3 Division games alone. That won't happen to BUF or TEN, both teams likely to go 5-1 or 6-0 in their Divisions. MIA and IND will try to make a dent in those intra-division records. CIN also likely goes 5-1 or 6-0 in their Division (Brisset and Trubisky will get swept by the Bengals, while BAL might be able to pull out 1 win) and will be the other AFC team to battle for the 1 or 2 seed this year. Everyone else (8 other teams) will be fighting for 4-6.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

They had a real problem all year, including the playoffs, running the ball by their runningbacks. What helped them the most when it came to short-yardage plays was the emergence of Isaiah McKenzie Week 15. They hadn't anyone all season whom they could rely on short-yardage...not a pass-catching RB, or a Slot Receiver. Week 15 they stopped using him as a Kick Returner and didn't let him return kicks again during the regular season's final two games, after he caught 11 passes on 12 targets Week 15, repeatedly moving the chains all day against New England securing for the Bills that day, the AFC East Title. Their previous attempts at Slot Receivers and RB's catching balls resulted in injured players week-to-week, players playing injured to where Cole Beasley became a decoy Wks 11-14.

The Bills made a huge mistake moving McKenzie back to being the primary Kick Returner in their two playoff games, getting him into a few plays on Offense where successfully ran the ball 3 times each against the Chiefs and Patriots, while catching all 4 of his targets against them. They thought that Cole Beasley was healthy enough to start. Big mistake. If not for the emergence of Gabriel Davis taking over the starting WR2 for the Bills, they wouldn't stayed with the Chiefs, though they still would have hammered the Patriots.

With Davis and McKenzie cemented in as the #'s 2 and 3 WR's for Buffalo, the Bills have their best WR Corp since Allen has been there. That starting three can match up evenly with the Bengals' starting three.

15. Likes:

ShyGuy (08-10-2022)

Yet that defense couldn't stop Mahomes in the playoffs last yr in the second half when it mattered yet the Bengals defense did. Thus it was defense that was the reason Buffalo was at home for the Super Bowl and the Bengals were in LA.

17. Likes:

ShyGuy (08-10-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Yet that defense couldn't stop Mahomes in the playoffs last yr in the second half when it mattered yet the Bengals defense did. Thus it was defense that was the reason Buffalo was at home for the Super Bowl and the Bengals were in LA.
    Very true, SR.
    “It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

I think the Bills will have a better season than the Bengals this year.

I did see somewhere that they had the easiest schedule last season, that will change and their record may not be as good. That said, I like their roster, think they have a good HC, and a QB who can be a nightmare to play. I think they are my favorites in the AFC, with the Chiefs falling off because of the Hill loss.

Bills are going to be tough to stop. They have that hunger of a team that was very close to going all the way. Josh Allen really came into his own last season. I realize that he's a specimen and still pretty young but if I were a Bills fan, I'd be scared every time he took off running. I realize that you can get hurt even if you aren't running the ball but it increases your chances of being hurt. If he happens to go down, it's going to make things interesting for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I already placed $100 for the Bengals to win the Super Bowl for 2023 six months ago.

Turn Off Ads?