Turn Off Ads?
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536
Results 526 to 535 of 535

Thread: 2022 NFL Season

  1. #526
    Member Kingspoint's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    10,375

    Re: 2022 NFL Season

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    Missons "Start Kenny Pickett" and "Fire Matt Canada" proceed in earnest.
    Can not happen soon enough.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."


  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #527
    Kentuckian At Heart WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Mid Ohio Valley
    Posts
    8,554

    Re: 2022 NFL Season

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    Missons "Start Kenny Pickett" and "Fire Matt Canada" proceed in earnest.
    Except the Steelers will just promote from within. They always do.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

  4. #528
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    21,815

    Re: 2022 NFL Season

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    Missons "Start Kenny Pickett" and "Fire Matt Canada" proceed in earnest.
    That series with 4 min to go in the 4th, they had 3rd and about 2. Most of the Steeler receivers were running patterns way down field. What the hell? Get the first, then try going downfield. Very perplexing call for a so so QB

  5. #529
    Member SteelSD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    In Your Head
    Posts
    9,963

    Re: 2022 NFL Season

    Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Except the Steelers will just promote from within. They always do.
    If they dispose of Canada, I question if they'll go internal post-Roethlisberger. The last couple of times they promoted someone, it was from the QB coach position- Fichner out of deference to Ben, and then Canada to try to keep Ben upright. But with a clean slate and a more mobile Pickett waiting in the wings, my hope is that they go external and and identify someone capable of putting together a real NFL playbook. Canada's is straight off the floor of a high school JV locker room. Truly awful. Every time I think he's run out of ways to get two yards on a third-and-six, he figures out a new one.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

    "The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

  6. Likes:

    Assembly Hall (Yesterday),Puffy (Yesterday),Revering4Blue (Yesterday)

  7. #530
    Kentuckian At Heart WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Mid Ohio Valley
    Posts
    8,554

    Re: 2022 NFL Season

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    If they dispose of Canada, I question if they'll go internal post-Roethlisberger. The last couple of times they promoted someone, it was from the QB coach position- Fichner out of deference to Ben, and then Canada to try to keep Ben upright. But with a clean slate and a more mobile Pickett waiting in the wings, my hope is that they go external and and identify someone capable of putting together a real NFL playbook. Canada's is straight off the floor of a high school JV locker room. Truly awful. Every time I think he's run out of ways to get two yards on a third-and-six, he figures out a new one.
    You can have Zac Taylor.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

  8. #531
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    21,815

    Re: 2022 NFL Season

    Teryl Austin is every bit the problem Canada is. The Bengals know that full well. He couldn't last a year here

  9. #532
    Member SteelSD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    In Your Head
    Posts
    9,963

    Re: 2022 NFL Season

    Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    You can have Zac Taylor.
    Sadly, he'd be an upgrade. When the Bengals fall into a rut, that seems to be more of an issue (at least from my outside-looking-in perspective) with the O-Line and play sequencing.

    With Canada, it's rotten from the foundation up. Play design is atrocious. No one is fooled by the dumb pre-snap movement, which often helps snuff out the running game by drawing more defenders into the box. But his player utilization is also excrement. Example- George Pickens is a very talented young receiver, but he's not a burner. Yet 57% of his routes this season have been "go" routes for a QB with poor arm strength. No other reciever in the NFL is above 44%. Canada keeps trying to turn Chase Claypool- a HUGE sure-handed target and actual downfield threat- into Deebo Samuel. Trubisky was asked last week why he wasn't throwing to the middle of the field, and he responded by telling reporters that there weren't plays called to target that area. Yet, you have Diontae Johnson- excellent on slants and crossing routes- and no less that four other huge targets (Pickens, Claypool, Freiermuth, and Boykin) to help rip that area of the field apart.

    Instead, it's two-yard WR screens and four-yard out routes. One for nine on third downs, and 12+ minute (or worse) time of possession deficits weekly. Todd Haley was awful. Randy Fichner was mediocre. Hated the first, only tolerated the second. But Canada is on a whole different level- a coach who isn't just bad, but who to this point appears completely incompetent.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

    "The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

  10. #533
    Kentuckian At Heart WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Mid Ohio Valley
    Posts
    8,554

    Re: 2022 NFL Season

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    Sadly, he'd be an upgrade. When the Bengals fall into a rut, that seems to be more of an issue (at least from my outside-looking-in perspective) with the O-Line and play sequencing.

    With Canada, it's rotten from the foundation up. Play design is atrocious. No one is fooled by the dumb pre-snap movement, which often helps snuff out the running game by drawing more defenders into the box. But his player utilization is also excrement. Example- George Pickens is a very talented young receiver, but he's not a burner. Yet 57% of his routes this season have been "go" routes for a QB with poor arm strength. No other reciever in the NFL is above 44%. Canada keeps trying to turn Chase Claypool- a HUGE sure-handed target and actual downfield threat- into Deebo Samuel. Trubisky was asked last week why he wasn't throwing to the middle of the field, and he responded by telling reporters that there weren't plays called to target that area. Yet, you have Diontae Johnson- excellent on slants and crossing routes- and no less that four other huge targets (Pickens, Claypool, Freiermuth, and Boykin) to help rip that area of the field apart.

    Instead, it's two-yard WR screens and four-yard out routes. One for nine on third downs, and 12+ minute (or worse) time of possession deficits weekly. Todd Haley was awful. Randy Fichner was mediocre. Hated the first, only tolerated the second. But Canada is on a whole different level- a coach who isn't just bad, but who to this point appears completely incompetent.
    Canada is a college coach coaching in the NFL. He’d probably be a better fit at Pitt, honestly.

    In the past in the college game before NIL and the transfer portal you could work receivers in different roles and essentially try to force a square peg into a round hole. That doesn’t work in the NFL. You utilize each receivers strengths instead of trying to coach up their weaknesses.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

  11. Likes:

    Revering4Blue (Yesterday),SteelSD (Yesterday)

  12. #534
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    9,228

    Re: 2022 NFL Season

    While I don’t think Steelers OL is Bengal 2020 bad. It’s not good enough to trust a rookie QB to play behind. At least they are smarter than the Bengals and not getting him beat up like they allowed Burrow to in 2020.

    Whatever happened to Michael Jordan anyways. Good gravy what a disaster of a pick.

  13. #535
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2022
    Posts
    20

    Re: 2022 NFL Season

    Brissett has been very impressive so far for the Brownies.

    Looks like they made in terms of a football sense the right move to move in from Baker. Watson though is a different story


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator