Turn Off Ads?
Page 40 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 NFL Season

Re: 2022 NFL Season

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    Steve McNair. You're welcome.
    Steve McNair was definitely a better QB later in his career but if he's the comp for Russell Wilson then Russ is almost done. McNair played his last season as a 34 yr old. He played in 6 games and averaged 5.4 yds per attempt. He announced his retirement after that season. He's the example of a QB who was washed up "well into his 30s". No shame in that. Most guys are in this league.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Tonight's game is awful, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Tonight's game is awful, too.
    Nobody practicing their Starters in pre-season on most teams makes everything look like pre-season these first three weeks. Fewer practices in Spring and Summer. More players changing teams. But, most importantly, Offensive Lines changing players too often. It used to take years of playing together for an Offensive Line to gel. You're lucky now if you can get back-to-back games with the same five guys.

Offensive Lines need to be able to move as one, to feel where each other is at without seeing them, and to know exactly where each other will be without speaking.

Every team's Offensive Line looks like a CYO/Pop Warner team. Actually, not even that good. More like 10-year olds playing tackle football for the first time.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

5. Likes:

redsfandan (09-27-2022)

Cowboys receivers are giving Cooper Rush zero help.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Cowboys receivers are giving Cooper Rush zero help.
    Gallup can't return full-time soon enough. Should have been on a snap count tonight, but I haven't seen him. I think they changed their mind. Dalton Schultz was supposed to be back. Why isn't he being targeted heavily?

Jason Peters is doing great, but he may lose all energy by the 4th Qtr in his first game of the season.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Lamb is cooking for Dallas now after that awful drop in the first half.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I get your point but I’d say there’s only been one career like Vick’s. Not many QBs lose 2 years in the middle of their prime for going to prison.

Anyways, carry on. I’m coming in halfway through on this one, are we talking dual threat QBs not playing well at 35 years old?

Yeah, not many, the injuries pile up. It wasn’t really an issue with adapting for Newton, dudes body is destroyed.

One QB that adapted pretty well as his career went on is Roethlesberger. He used to run around a lot until the injuries started really piling up.

With all that said: I think it’s weird to declare Wilson DOA 3 weeks into his first season with a new team and HC.
    Look at Wilson's body of work over the last season though...granted he was hurt but his numbers are showing a fairly significant decline. Not saying he is dead but the pulse sure is weakening.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

10. Likes:

Kingspoint (09-28-2022)

Love seeing my guy Teddy B cooking! He was ready to come in tonight.

12. Likes:

Kingspoint (09-30-2022)

Soooo The Dolphins clearly violated concussion protocol last week and to nobody’s surprise, he gets obviously concussed again tonight.

NFLPA, per the post game show, has indicated they will take any steps necessary, up to and including referrals against the medical licenses of the physicians who cleared him. Wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

14. Likes:

Kingspoint (09-30-2022)

Dolphins sticking to their story in the postgame presser.

Their HC is a weird dude. And they’re also lying.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

16. Likes:

Kingspoint (09-30-2022),RedTeamGo! (09-30-2022)

...and then there's this:

"Patients often ask if flying will make their concussion symptoms worse. The bad news is that it probably will. The good news is that the ill effects are not permanent. Because concussions are our specialty, and because so many of our patients fly here for treatment, we have a lot of experience with successfully guiding them through the air travel process."

https://www.cognitivefxusa.com/blog/...ssion-syndrome

When I heard them say he was traveling with the team back to Miami, I was shocked.

2022 NFL Season

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    Dolphins sticking to their story in the postgame presser.

Their HC is a weird dude. And they’re also lying.
    This is the same team who’s owner is suspended and lost two draft picks for tampering with Tom Brady and Sean Payton. They think they are above the league.

There’s an argument to be made for protecting the players from themselves as well. There’s a win at all cost mentality and I wouldn’t be surprised if Tua pushed his way into playing despite the concussion. If that’s the case McDaniel needs to have a backbone and ride with Bridgewater.
    Last edited by WVRed; 09-30-2022 at 07:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    This is the same team who’s owner is suspended and lost two draft picks for tampering with Tom Brady and Sean Payton. They think they are above the league.

There’s an argument to be made for protecting the players from themselves as well. There’s a win at all cost mentality and I wouldn’t be surprised if Tua pushed his way into playing despite the concussion. If that’s the case McDaniel needs to have a backbone and ride with Bridgewater.
    I had thought I heard many years ago that players often try to "fake" their concussion tests. They "dumb" down their original answers to the concussion test so when they are given it after a head injury its easier to "pass." Whit even made mention of it during halftime (or maybe after the game) that he had a concussion, was able to pass the test, and it wasn't until a teammate saw him that he was taken off the field.

I don't buy that he had a back injury in the game. He could have, the fall in the previous game looked awkward, and I am not doctor, but if your back brings your to your knees, you grab for your back. Tua did not do that, looked wobbly and disoriented, not what you would expect out of back injury.

I have little doubt that he pass whatever protocol the Dolphins gave him. There is going to be a paperwork trail documenting that, NFL teams just aren't that stupid. FWIW, if Tua doesn't take that sack, we may not be having this discussion.

I was a little surprised that left University Hospital released him last night, but then again, he is traveling on a private plane with medical staff at his access when he gets to Miami.

It will be interesting to see how long Tua sits out. Best case scenario you'd think at least a couple of games. At least. Probably should be closer to a month almost no matter what.

21. Likes:

Sea Ray (09-30-2022)

Max Kellerman: Heres the scene of Tua getting injured, were only going to show this once due to the graphic nature.

Max Kellerman 15 minutes later: Heres the scene of Tua getting injured, were only going to show this once due to the graphic nature.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Turn Off Ads?