Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 NFL Season

"So Fla Red"

Re: 2022 NFL Season

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Same here. I thought it was ridiculous when the Braves built their new ballpark.

Tennessee getting a football stadium would have ramifications in other sports, namely the SEC.
    Why is that? Vandy might go 1-7 or 2-6 in the SEC instead of the usual 0-8

2. Likes:

Assembly Hall (02-20-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Vandy would never move to a huge stadium where their paltry crowds would look even more pathetic, also I doubt you see the SEC title game move to Nashville, if it ever leaves Atlanta it is going to Arlington.
    Go Gators!

PITTSBURGH (AP) — Brian Flores is back in the NFL.

The Pittsburgh Steelers hired the former Miami Dolphins coach on Saturday to serve as a senior defensive assistant. Flores will specialize in working with Pittsburgh’s linebackers, a group that includes NFL Defensive Player of the Year T.J. Watt.

The hiring comes less than three weeks after Flores, who is Black, sued the NFL and three teams over alleged racist hiring practices following his dismissal by Miami. Flores led the Dolphins to consecutive winning seasons before he was fired in January.

Though he has returned to coaching in the league, Flores will not abandon the lawsuit.
    https://www.newsnationnow.com/sports...-nfl-proceeds/

Flores hired to Steelers staff; lawsuit against NFL proceeds
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Good move by Pittsburgh.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Vandy would never move to a huge stadium where their paltry crowds would look even more pathetic, also I doubt you see the SEC title game move to Nashville, if it ever leaves Atlanta it is going to Arlington.
    This was what I was referring to but yeah, I don’t see Vandy moving to a NFL stadium.

I could see Nashville using it to attract a SEC title game either in football or basketball. UK would probably jump on it for a neutral site game.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    I have heard that they are looking at putting a roof on the stadium, so if that happens, I wouldn't rule out the potential for an SEC championship game.

I was glad Brady retired, so I wouldn’t have to see him play on Sundays. Now, I’m not so sure…

https://theathletic.com/news/tom-bra.../2EBnFAVFc1qS/

Tom Brady to produce Paramount road trip movie '80 for Brady'; first project post-retirement: Report
    The movie stars critically acclaimed actresses Lily Tomlin, Jane Fonda, Rita Moreno and Sally Field. The plot chronicles four New England Patriots fans traveling to Houston for Super Bowl LI in 2017, where Brady and the Patriots overcame a 28-3 deficit against the Atlanta Falcons to win another title. Production for the film is scheduled to begin in the spring.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Troy Aikman to ESPN to be the lead analyst for MNF.

Speculation is Al Michaels could be joining him.

https://nypost.com/2022/02/23/troy-a...ight-football/
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Troy Aikman to ESPN to be the lead analyst for MNF.

Speculation is Al Michaels could be joining him.

https://nypost.com/2022/02/23/troy-a...ight-football/
    That would be a nice different combination for Monday Nights.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

NFL drops all Covid protocols and rules.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

13. Likes:

goreds2 (03-03-2022)

It was pretty obvious they informally dropped it when suddenly not a single playoff team had any COVID issues of any kind, but at least it's officially out there now.

15. Likes:

Chip R (03-03-2022),goreds2 (03-03-2022),Kingspoint (03-06-2022)

Looks like the Falcons need a receiver.

Ridley is suspended the entire season for betting on games.

Calvin Ridley suspended for 2022 for gambling on NFL games.

This post brought to you by DraftKings.

18. Likes:

Bob Sheed (03-07-2022),Chip R (03-07-2022),cumberlandreds (03-08-2022),RedTeamGo! (03-07-2022),RiverRat13 (03-07-2022),WrongVerb (03-07-2022),WVRed (03-07-2022)

Ridley clearly has a lot of demons.

Falcons gotta trade their # 8 overall pick to add more capital in 2022 or 2023 drafts. They have a lot of needs and can definitely get top notch WR to pair with Kyle Pitts in the back half of round 1 draft this year. Having 2 2nd rounders this draft helps, but not enough to fill the holes on the roster.

I know this isnt going to sit well with some people but the amount of defending Ridley all through last season by a lot of people was one the most nauseating things I can remember. You couldnt ask if there were updates or if anyone thought he'd be out the whole season without getting rained upon with "There are more important things in life than football" or "He's focusing on himself and I doubt he cares what some random ******* fan thinks of him" etc. etc etc.

To me, thats all fine but for a star WR to just go out and not really say anything then it comes out he's focusing on mental health but you get zero information week after week? Something doesnt add up. Now we find out he was out there Pete Rose'n.

21. Likes:

redhawkfish (03-07-2022),Revering4Blue (03-07-2022)

Turn Off Ads?