Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 NFL Season

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Re: 2022 NFL Season

Aaron Rodgers signing new deal stay with Packers

Looks like he got 4/$200 for his troubles.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Brady is not retired. He's just too smart to be stupid enough to play a stupid 17-game regular season, training camp, preseason games and then four playoff games, when he's in position to control the situation. He's not a retired Phillip Rivers waiting to get a call. He's the GOAT, who is probably at this time, the most intelligent QB in the NFL. Almost two weeks to get his timing down if he comes in before a team's bye-week before his first game. Cut the total games in half and he can be healthier for his future, more effective in the playoffs, and still make the same amount of money through non-NFL paychecks by being in the spotlight. He can join any team mid-season who has a chance to go for it, who loses their starting QB (because of the ridiculous length of the season).

I'd say there's an 80% chance he's in the playoffs next season for some team who loses their QB, or is close with an ineffective QB (PHI/WAS).
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

At least 3 TE's have been franchise-tagged today ($10M). Next off-season's tag number will likely rise significantly.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Brady is not retired. He's just too smart to be stupid enough to play a stupid 17-game regular season, training camp, preseason games and then four playoff games, when he's in position to control the situation. He's not a retired Phillip Rivers waiting to get a call. He's the GOAT, who is probably at this time, the most intelligent QB in the NFL. Almost two weeks to get his timing down if he comes in before a team's bye-week before his first game. Cut the total games in half and he can be healthier for his future, more effective in the playoffs, and still make the same amount of money through non-NFL paychecks by being in the spotlight. He can join any team mid-season who has a chance to go for it, who loses their starting QB (because of the ridiculous length of the season).

I'd say there's an 80% chance he's in the playoffs next season for some team who loses their QB, or is close with an ineffective QB (PHI/WAS).
    Doesn't he still have a contract with the Bucs?

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    Doesn't he still have a contract with the Bucs?
    Not if they don't pay him when the first roster bonus is due (I believe tomorrow).

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Not if they don't pay him when the first roster bonus is due (I believe tomorrow).
    So they wouldn't own his rights anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    So they wouldn't own his rights anymore?
    I believe the Bucs would still own his rights. You have to file paperwork I believe to retire. I wonder if that's been done. TB has said they won't trade TB. Those who believe he might play again, think he will wait till Tampa makes a move at QB and then unretire, putting Tampa in a bad position.
    Last edited by JaxRed; 03-09-2022 at 12:23 AM.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Tampa owns his rights and would have to trade or cut him for him to play elsewhere.

Retired players don’t receive roster bonuses or any paychecks

10. Likes:

dubc47834 (03-09-2022)

After trading Russell Wilson the Seahawks released Bobby Wagner.

I could see him ending up in Pittsburgh.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    Tampa owns his rights and would have to trade or cut him for him to play elsewhere.

Retired players don’t receive roster bonuses or any paychecks
    Brady will go on the Reserve/Retired list on June 1st. Tampa will still own his rights. He would have to be released or his rights traded for him to play somewhere else next year. that's why Arians said a couple weeks ago they weren't trading his rights, because they would welcome Brady back.
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

13. Likes:

UKFlounder (03-09-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Brady will go on the Reserve/Retired list on June 1st. Tampa will still own his rights. He would have to be released or his rights traded for him to play somewhere else next year. that's why Arians said a couple weeks ago they weren't trading his rights, because they would welcome Brady back.
    Thank you.

15. Likes:

dubc47834 (03-16-2022)

Khalil Mack to the Chargers.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

The Bears have just traded Khalil Mack to the Chargers for a 2nd round pick, a 6th round pick, . . . and that's it. Mack and Bosa will have fun welcoming Russell Wilson to the AFC West.

Amari Cooper to the Browns. Doesn’t really move the needle much IMO.

Anyone know Amari Cooper's dad's video editing skills?

Turn Off Ads?