Turn Off Ads?
Page 46 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 NFL Season

Re: 2022 NFL Season

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post

Lamar is a good QB. But at the end of the day, the Ravens are going to ask themselves, "Can we win a Super Bowl with Lamar at QB?"

If they did, they'd give him more money.
    The last team to win the Super Bowl without a strong passing game was probably the 2012-13 Baltimore Ravens. But, that team had guys like Ray Rice and Ed Reed on defense.

2. Likes:

Revering4Blue (10-04-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    without a strong passing game
    If you project his first four game numbers out to the full season, Jackson would throw for 3,795 yards and 47 TDs.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    The last team to win the Super Bowl without a strong passing game was probably the 2012-13 Baltimore Ravens. But, that team had guys like Ray Rice and Ed Reed on defense.
    And they won the Super Bowl because the passing game went on an incredible hot streak

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Likes:

Kingspoint (10-04-2022)

Brady is getting a divorce.

Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    If those two can’t make it, what hope is there for the rest of us?

Seriously though, kinda wonder if his mental health is all there. He’s essentially picked football over family the last two offseasons and the last one was pretty well publicized.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

9. Likes:

Chip R (10-05-2022)

Somehow I think both Tom and the soon to be former Mrs will both be just fine.

11. Likes:

Kingspoint (10-05-2022),redsfandan (10-06-2022),Sea Ray (10-05-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    If you project his first four game numbers out to the full season, Jackson would throw for 3,795 yards and 47 TDs.
    The difference between Lamar's regular and postseason numbers is what really matters.

Lamar Jackson in 4 Playoff Games:

76/136 = 55%
    3 TD/ 5 INT
    Sacked 19 times
    1 Rushing TD
    5 fumbles (2 lost)

Please. Why would anyone guarantee someone 200+ million with these playoff stats?
    Last edited by Todd Gack; 10-04-2022 at 10:26 PM.

14. Likes:

redsfandan (10-06-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    If those two can’t make it, what hope is there for the rest of us?

Seriously though, kinda wonder if his mental health is all there. He’s essentially picked football over family the last two offseasons and the last one was pretty well publicized.
    Yea, I’ve wondered the same. Guy is 45 and has tons of money and 7 Super Bowl rings. It’s not like he’s never won the big one.

Meanwhile his wife (soon to be ex I suppose) basically put her career on hold to raise their kids. I’ve gotta think the whole “Will he / won’t he” act for a while that culminated into “Yes I’m retiring” only to be followed by “Just kidding I’m not retiring” might have been enough to push her over the edge.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

16. Likes:

Kingspoint (10-05-2022),RiverRat13 (10-05-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    Yea, I’ve wondered the same. Guy is 45 and has tons of money and 7 Super Bowl rings. It’s not like he’s never won the big one.

Meanwhile his wife (soon to be ex I suppose) basically put her career on hold to raise their kids. I’ve gotta think the whole “Will he / won’t he” act for a while that culminated into “Yes I’m retiring” only to be followed by “Just kidding I’m not retiring” might have been enough to push her over the edge.
    I’ve always compared Brady to Brett Favre in that sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I'm pretty sure Brady told the world a long time ago that his goal was to play to 45. Here he is. Shouldn't really surprise anyone.

I can't really blame him. Personally, I find it hard to believe you wouldn't have to drag me away if I was able to keep competing at the highest level in the sport I love. If that's not cool with Giselle, I don't blame her either. It is what it is.

I've always thought that Schefter breaking his retirement was the reason he came back. He wanted to control how and when he did it and when the story broke, he got mad and came back out of spite. I wouldn't count him out, though. Had a great game against KC with his usual assistance from the refs. In that conference, anyone could win it all. Why not Brady?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I've always thought that Schefter breaking his retirement was the reason he came back. He wanted to control how and when he did it and when the story broke, he got mad and came back out of spite. I wouldn't count him out, though. Had a great game against KC with his usual assistance from the refs. In that conference, anyone could win it all. Why not Brady?
    Why did he retire at all then? He announced his retirement after Schefter broke it. If he wanted to stick it to Schefter he should have not retired at all

Cole Beasley is apparently trying to avoid the "Brady situation". He retired today.

Giselle knows a sinking ship when she sees one.

Cole Beasley jumped off today, retiring after two games with the Bucs.

- - - Updated - - -

Giselle knows a sinking ship when she sees one.

Cole Beasley jumped off today, retiring after two games with the Bucs. (Beat me to it, BostonRed)

Beasley should retire after that horrendous drop on Sunday. Isaiah McKenzie showed Beasley last season he should have retired then.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Turn Off Ads?