Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 68 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 NFL Season

Re: 2022 NFL Season

Quote Originally Posted by Rdirtypirates View Post
    Any opinions on who that may be because you are a qb away from being really good.
    Honestly don’t know, I just know Baker isn’t the answer.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Unless they manage to land Deshaun Watson I don’t see anyone in the draft or FA who is an instant upgrade over Baker.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Unless they manage to land Deshaun Watson I don’t see anyone in the draft or FA who is an instant upgrade over Baker.
    Baker was the worst or 2nd to worst Qb in the nfl last year IIRC
    What would you say.....ya do here?

So Brady is coming back.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    So Brady is coming back.
    How would you like to be the person who bought Brady's last TD pass ball for 500,000 right now...
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

7. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (03-14-2022),Bob Sheed (03-14-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    How would you like to be the person who bought Brady's last TD pass ball for 500,000 right now...
    I would love to be a person capable of spending that sum of money on something so trivial.

9. Likes:

WrongVerb (03-13-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Jalen Ramsey had a great tweet...

"THANK YOU. Throw that last TD pass against somebody else."
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

I knew Brady wasn't retired. Just thought he'd figured out a way to not play so many games. Bucs had too many older players miss games last season because of that ridiculously long schedule they play. Bucs need to go Popovich with their older players and rest them regularly during the regular season. They can waltz into the playoffs in the NFC, so missing 4 regular season games for all of their older players, including Brady, shouldn't impact their ability to make the playoffs. They play in the same Division as ATL, NOP and CAR. 9 Wins gets you that Division Crown. Rest them against the NFC West opponents, because their Division Rivals are all going to go ofer against them, anyway. You can then concentrate on winning the intradivision games and the intraconference games, where the wins are worth two games as far as tie-breakers are concerned.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 03-13-2022 at 11:59 PM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

12. Likes:

Revering4Blue (03-17-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Spinning their wheels with him is stupid considering the quality of everything else they have. They'd be better off with Ryan Fitzpatrick.

BAL's Defense just got a lot better with the addition of FS Marcus Williams ($70M/5yrs). They're hosting just released DT Eddie Goldman on Friday.

BAL is making a serious run to be relevant in the AFC by building a Top-5 Defense. They still have Lamar Jackson. They added a RT to replace one of two they lost. Bengals could make a huge dent by stealing their C.

Nothing would make the rest of the Division happier than to see CLE leave Mayfield their starting QB.

From NBC Sports w/ NBC Sports comments:

Baker Mayfield has posted a cryptic message to Browns fans on his Twitter account.

Forgive the gossipy news description, but we weren't sure what else to call Mayfield's multi-paragraph message to the people of Cleveland. "I have given this franchise everything I have," Mayfield said. "That is something I have done at every stage, and at every level. And that will not change wherever I take my next snap. Whatever happens ... I just want to say thank you." Alrighty then. The Browns and Mayfield were basically already in open combat before the team met with Deshaun Watson on Tuesday. Now the breach appears irreparable. Not that Mayfield really possesses anything in the way of leverage coming off his dismal 2021. Nevertheless, stay tuned.

SOURCE: Baker Mayfield on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Nothing would make the rest of the Division happier than to see CLE leave Mayfield their starting QB.

From NBC Sports w/ NBC Sports comments:

Baker Mayfield has posted a cryptic message to Browns fans on his Twitter account.

Forgive the gossipy news description, but we weren't sure what else to call Mayfield's multi-paragraph message to the people of Cleveland. "I have given this franchise everything I have," Mayfield said. "That is something I have done at every stage, and at every level. And that will not change wherever I take my next snap. Whatever happens ... I just want to say thank you." Alrighty then. The Browns and Mayfield were basically already in open combat before the team met with Deshaun Watson on Tuesday. Now the breach appears irreparable. Not that Mayfield really possesses anything in the way of leverage coming off his dismal 2021. Nevertheless, stay tuned.

SOURCE: Baker Mayfield on Twitter
    I wouldn't mind him as a project rebuild in LV where he can sit and watch (until Carr either leaves as FA or demands a trade to a real franchise with a plan) . Baker was so beat up last year and tried... but some just aren't able to raise their games through such injuries.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    I wouldn't mind him as a project rebuild in LV where he can sit and watch (until Carr either leaves as FA or demands a trade to a real franchise with a plan) . Baker was so beat up last year and tried... but some just aren't able to raise their games through such injuries.
    It's his decision-making. He lacks the correct type of intelligence, just like Carson Wentz, to be a Starting QB in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    It's his decision-making. He lacks the correct type of intelligence, just like Carson Wentz, to be a Starting QB in the NFL.
    Someone QB desperate will pay more than I would, I'm just saying he'd be a type of guy that in the right situation and given time to learn might make a capable reclamation project. I've always been high on him since seeing him at Oklahoma, he's been too Brett Favre gunslinger without the proper arm talent to make up for questionable decision making.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

So, J.D. McKissic changes his mind and signs with WAS instead of BUF.

DE Randy Gregory changed his mind and went with DEN after saying he'd resign with DAL.

Turn Off Ads?