Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any Plans on Valentines Day?

Re: Any Plans on Valentines Day?

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    VDay candy will be 50% off at Kroger
    My wife is stopping a six-week sugar fast today, that could kill her. Usually we do fondue, but we did that for the SB instead.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I made a Chocolate Ricotta pie last night for tonight. Otherwise It'll be the leftover enchiladas I made on Monday. I made a peach cobbler for work yesterday for Fat Tuesday but hardly anyone had any so we have two desserts. Semi-funny story: I made the enchiladas and cobbler on Monday. Made the enchiladas first and then the cobbler but I didn't cook the cobbler and waited until right before 9:00 to put the enchiladas in the oven. I picked up my wife from work and we ate the enchiladas. Then I put the cobbler in the oven for 45 minutes. A little while later I went into the kitchen to put away some dishes and noticed the oven was still on. I'd forgot about the cobbler since I was very tired and thought my wife forgot to turn the oven off. So I turned it off with the cobbler still in it. About 20 or so minutes later the TV shut off because I'd set it to turn off at 45 minutes when I put the cobbler in. I told my wife the cobbler was done and she looked at it and said it needed more time. Then I remembered I'd shut the oven off. We turned the oven back on and cooked it for another 20 minutes or so and I think it turned out OK. Crust may have been a bit tough but the slice I had turned out OK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

4. Likes:

cumberlandreds (02-14-2024),M2 (02-16-2024),REDREAD (02-23-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    Mrs. goreds2 and I just exchanged cards and are having a nice steak dinner for tonight at home.
    Your wife collects cards too? That's a keeper!

Took the wife to A.J. Rahn (our favorite plant store that’s been there since 1890) and bought whatever she wanted. She’s not a big cut flowers fan so we bought a couple pots of cyclamen (pink and peppermint stick). They bloom a long time and then we replant them outside. Grilled a couple filets and had a bottle of a nice Pinot noir.
    The rose goes in the front, big guy.

7. Likes:

cumberlandreds (02-16-2024)

The Mrs. wanted to see the new Bob Marley movie so went there that night. I struggled at first with the accents, but once I could figure out what people were saying it was good

Went out to a Mexican place near us that just remodeled. Good local spot. Cool luchador paintings hanging on the wall. They make a mean mojito. Plus, a chain Mexican place (Bartaco) moved in just down the street from there and we want to make sure we're supporting the true locals.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Turn Off Ads?