Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: MLS 2022 season

Re: MLS 2022 season

Big game for Cincinnati tonight.

Thought it was in Cincinnati, but it's in NYC.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Turn Off Ads?

FC Cincinnati wins at home over San Jose 6-0. First ten victory season in MLS for them.
    If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve!

4. Likes:

Chip R (09-12-2022),Kingspoint (09-13-2022),M2 (09-10-2022)

Probably ought to mention the hideous decision MLS has made to put all of its game, including local broadcasts, on Apple+ - https://www.si.com/fannation/bringme...v-broadcasters. I have zero intention of getting Apple+ unless it comes free with something else I've got, like my cellphone plan. And, where I am, the local broadcast crew of Brad Feldman and Charlie Davies are kind of beloved. They're an integral part of the team's marketing.

I suspect the overall viewership of MLS games is going to go way down and that teams are going to become somewhat anonymous in their home markets (or more anonymous dependent on your locality).
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

6. Likes:

Chip R (09-19-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Probably ought to mention the hideous decision MLS has made to put all of its game, including local broadcasts, on Apple+ - https://www.si.com/fannation/bringme...v-broadcasters. I have zero intention of getting Apple+ unless it comes free with something else I've got, like my cellphone plan. And, where I am, the local broadcast crew of Brad Feldman and Charlie Davies are kind of beloved. They're an integral part of the team's marketing.

I suspect the overall viewership of MLS games is going to go way down and that teams are going to become somewhat anonymous in their home markets (or more anonymous dependent on your locality).
    Pretty stupid decision that they'll regret.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Don't like that at all. I'm no hardcore fan - far from it. But I do like watching FCC when I get home from work on Saturday nights on our local station. They certainly are getting a pile of money out of it but at what cost? Like you, I'm not paying for Apple+. But, I suppose a lot of people have Apple+ and won't be affected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

I love it and I hope more sports TV deals look like this. With the way regional sports networks have been fractured stuff like this will make it way easier and likely cheaper for fans to watch games. I got ESPN plus largely so I could watch MLS games.

I can’t even watch Cavs and Guardians games on TV and I live 5 miles from the stadiums. If someone offered a way to watch those plus every other game in the league for $10-20 a month plus I get whatever other content they offer? Sounds good to me.

I really hope Apple hires on the bulk of local broadcast teams already in place across MLS.

FC Cincinnati now playing on ESPN.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

With their win over Chivas, FCC now has not lost a match since the July 17 match against the Crew. 4-0-1 in their last five.

13. Likes:

Chip R (09-23-2022),M2 (09-23-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Tadasimha View Post
    With their win over Chivas, FCC now has not lost a match since the July 17 match against the Crew. 4-0-1 in their last five.
    With a 1-1 draw in Seattle, FCC still unbeaten since July. Last two games of the regular season coming up: on the road against the Fire this Saturday and finishing up at home against DC United. Two potential trap games as both the Fire and United (along with Toronto) are the bottom three of the conference and out of the playoffs. Cincinnati currently in 5th in the standings.

Seattle needs to win out now (plus get help from other teams)or their MLS record thirteen straight season streak of reaching the post-season is over.
    Last edited by Tadasimha; 09-28-2022 at 04:31 PM.

15. Likes:

Chip R (09-28-2022),M2 (09-28-2022)

POR vs LAFC Sunday on ABC should be great.

17. Likes:

Tadasimha (09-29-2022)

Bad day for Cincinnati teams playing against Chicago squads. With a win (and some help), FCC could have punched their first MLS post-season ticket. Instead they lose 3-2 to the Fire. Now the final game on the road in DC becomes even tougher.

(Sorry, I had the home and away games backwards in a previous post)

Saw Josef Martinez score an absolutely sick bicycle kick goal today - https://twitter.com/BrianSciaretta/s...91530922373121. Seriously, Louvre quality.

20. Likes:

Tadasimha (10-02-2022)

Czichos is a wuss.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Czichos is a wuss.
    He needs The Man to straighten him out.

23. Likes:

Kingspoint (10-02-2022),Tadasimha (10-02-2022)

Turn Off Ads?