Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Cincinnati Bengals Offseason Thread: Protect Joe Burrow

Re: Cincinnati Bengals Offseason Thread: Protect Joe Burrow

Sounds like Quenton Nelson is the popular name being floated today.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Likes:

membengal (02-22-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I wouldn't think the Colts would let him go

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Was from a fake account. Not a thing.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

Anecdotally, season ticket sales appear brisk…

https://twitter.com/lndspatterson/st...475566083?s=21
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Anecdotally, season ticket sales appear brisk…

https://twitter.com/lndspatterson/st...475566083?s=21
    Nice, get it sold out and loud for the season. Will mean less yellow and black for the Steelers and less visiting fans in general, which is great.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Good for them for selling out the season. I had thought they would never sell out a season again. The at home experience is just so nice and easy.

My buddies and I went for years, then life got in the way. Kids soccer is normally played on Sundays after noon so I would miss a lot of games.

Well, friends, I figured, screw it- life is way too short - so I bought two season tickets just now. Life-long dream fulfilled. North end zone. Will get back for as many as I can, and sell the rest, hopefully to Bengals fans. Without Joe Burrow, I am 100% certain I am not typing any of those words...

10. Likes:

Benihana (02-23-2022),Bob Sheed (02-22-2022),Boss-Hog (02-22-2022),Hillsdale87 (02-23-2022),Patrick Bateman (02-23-2022),Redsfaithful (02-23-2022),Roy Tucker (02-25-2022),Sea Ray (02-23-2022),StRedlegs900 (02-22-2022),traderumor (02-23-2022),UKFlounder (02-22-2022),Wonderful Monds (02-23-2022),WVRed (02-23-2022)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Well, friends, I figured, screw it- life is way too short - so I bought two season tickets just now. Life-long dream fulfilled. North end zone. Will get back for as many as I can, and sell the rest, hopefully to Bengals fans. Without Joe Burrow, I am 100% certain I am not typing any of those words...
    Hmmmmm……that’s sounding pretty good right now

Cincinnati Bengals Offseason Thread: Protect Joe Burrow

"I really want to play for the Bengals, but, ah, Ohio has an income tax." If that's a deal breaker, all other things being equal, someone with that on their checklist for 4% of millions is a buffoon.

And I'm an accountant. Life is too short for that type of "business decision."
    Last edited by traderumor; 02-23-2022 at 02:58 PM.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

BENGALS TALK ��@BengalsTalk·43mWatched the Jessie Bates interview on @nflnetwork and my takeaways:

•He wants to remain in Cincinnati
    •He doesn’t have to be the highest paid at his position
    •He doesn’t want to be franchise tagged
    •He is an impressive person, still can’t believe he is only 24 years old

Am I the only one who won't be upset if Jesse doesn't resign here? I feel like the guy went missing for most of the regular season and then had played well for 3 games in the playoffs and a lot of our fans are irrationally attaching themselves to this guy. Tag the guy this year but man, I'm not sure about spending a lot of money on him when we know who else we have to sign. I mean, outside of the obvious of everyone on offense, we forget guys like Logan Wilson, who I view as more important, are going to be looking at big paydays right now too.

He's excellent. He was the key to their secondary being so damn deceptive late in the year and in the playoffs. He would leave a massive hole on this defense. He's still just 24.

Bates would be a huge loss for the defense.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Agreed it would be a massive loss... Bates is the QB of this defense plus a leader in the locker room...a dozen team would be lining up for his services if he left.

The entire secondary was new except for him and Bell most likely took Bates some time to adjust to that...once he got his footing he showed how good he is in the playoffs. If you can get him at a cost that works for player and the team you do it.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Agreed it would be a massive loss... Bates is the QB of this defense plus a leader in the locker room...a dozen team would be lining up for his services if he left.

The entire secondary was new except for him and Bell most likely took Bates some time to adjust to that...once he got his footing he showed how good he is in the playoffs. If you can get him at a cost that works for player and the team you do it.
    That's fine. Be prepared to suffer somehwere else. He was playing no where near his contract for vast majority of the season. can't let a few games blind you to his value to the team. I think we have a lot of recency bias going on. If we don't make the playoffs, most are saying he's not worth it. I just feel like we get so emotionally wrapped up in some of our players that we often inflate how good they are.

Turn Off Ads?