Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Ohio State Football

Re: 2022 Ohio State Football

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Miyan Williams is kind of stealing the spotlight, especially from Henderson. Henderson is fantastic, but it might be time for Miyan to be RB1 for rest of 2022 and let 2023 be the year of Henderson.
    Henderson is the home run threat, but Miyan looks like the much more well-rounded runner. Henderson has been getting more carries, but I'd like to see it more like 50/50 and then ride whoever is running hot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    Henderson is the home run threat, but Miyan looks like the much more well-rounded runner. Henderson has been getting more carries, but I'd like to see it more like 50/50 and then ride whoever is running hot

Williams showed yesterday he’s a home run hitter. Idk, honestly when I watch these two I think Williams is better.

It’s very rare for Williams to go down after first contact. A lot of times Henderson will run into his blockers and immediately fall down.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

You’re still gonna need both of them a lot. But like I said before Williams emergence is huge for the team. There is always a starting quality RB on the field and that will be important as it gets cold and against better teams.

I don’t think Henderson has caught a pass this year and that should change. I know there isn’t a shortage of guys to throw to, but he’s very dangerous in space.

Denzel Burke, man. What happened?
    I thought the TD was just a good throw and catch, not a lot he could do.
    The other big play he gave up was terrible though.

That was the worst throw of Stroud’s career. He had made some absolutely boneheaded decisions this year.

I think the Heisman hype is getting to him. It’s getting to the point I think he can stop thinking about it…

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Bucknuts looking like a well oiled machine with a hiccup here and there.
    Last edited by Assembly Hall; 10-08-2022 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Bucknuts looking like a well oiled machine with a hiccup here and there.
    They do look good but the injuries are really starting to mount.

By the 3rd quarter today they were down to 1 scholarship RB. A true freshman.

That was the worst throw of Stroud’s career. He had made some absolutely boneheaded decisions this year.

I think the Heisman hype is getting to him. It’s getting to the point I think he can stop thinking about it…
    It looked like that was more on the WR.

I do think he's pressing a bit at times, but I think it's more because their games have been boring so far. He's trying to make the bigger play even though the easy one will work every time

10. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (10-09-2022),GAC (10-09-2022)

I didn't even watch the game after the first half (lol), but if I am correct, Ohio State had 6 drives in the first half. One was the quick six pick, and the other five were TDs. They came out swinging in the 3Q and tacked on 14 more. The Spartans couldn't stop us. Over 600+ yards in total offense (377 in the air, and 237 on the ground). A machine. Ohio State pretty much called the dogs off.

I just hope RB Henderson is OK.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

12. Likes:

goreds2 (10-10-2022)

If you mean because he’s 100% going to win it and it won’t be particularly close…than sure he can stop thinking about it.

14. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (10-09-2022),Larkin Fan (10-11-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    If you mean because he’s 100% going to win it and it won’t be particularly close…than sure he can stop thinking about it.
    He is absolutely not a shoe-in yet, especially if he keeps throwing horrendous INTs

He is absolutely not a shoe-in yet, especially if he keeps throwing horrendous INTs
    Pretty sure more people are focused on the 6 TDs than the 1 interception.

He’s a shoe in if they don’t lose.

As of right now, Stroud is the heavy favorite .... https://www.pff.com/news/college-foo...top-candidates

JMO. How do you know who is/isn't a valid Heisman candidate when looking at the first month of over-matched, cupcake games, and "candidates" really able to pad their stats?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    As of right now, Stroud is the heavy favorite .... https://www.pff.com/news/college-foo...top-candidates

JMO. How do you know who is/isn't a valid Heisman candidate when looking at the first month of over-matched, cupcake games, and "candidates" really able to pad their stats?
    Don't sleep on Hendon Hooker, currently #3 in this publication:

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticl...2/#195167972_7

He'll have far more big games to enhance his resume but it's a double edged sword. It's also many more opportunities to have dud games. Surviving defenses like Alabama, Georgia and Kentucky will be a gauntlet. I expect Stroud to have far better stats given his easy schedule. For what it's worth Stroud is the far better NFL prospect

Is Young playing this weekend vs the Vols? I don't put it outside the realm of possiblilty that the Vols could win this Saturday.

Turn Off Ads?