Turn Off Ads?
Page 28 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Ohio State Football

Re: 2022 Ohio State Football

And so much about winning a national championship is about timing. And this really seemed to be the year. Got ND at home, got UM at home, rest of Big 10 didn't seem that good...
    The best OSU team I ever saw was 2019. But that was bad timing as it coincided with historically great teams at Clemson and LSU as well.

2. Likes:

dubc47834 (11-29-2022),GAC (11-30-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Buckeyes are #5.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    Buckeyes are #5.
    As they should be.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    What are the thoughts on OSU (or Bama) getting in over a 1-loss TCU?

I had TCU penciled in win or lose but I’m seeing a lot of national guys saying they have to beat KSU to get in. (Which arguably one could say if you are a playoff team you should be able to beat KSU).
    Their loss - and KST has beat them the last two years - is the door the committee is looking for to put Ohio State in there (jmo). BUt if TCU loses a close, hard fought game (to the #10 team), then IMO, they should still be in there. What other 1-loss team's loss stacks up better then TCU's?

The "problem" with TCU is all about marketing, and who would be a bigger boon to the local economy ($$$), as well as media ratings (again $$$)? Ohio State? Alabama? or TCU?

TCU got the short stick once before by the committee (in OSU's favor).

A USC loss an Ohio State's in. If both TCU and USC loss - does the committee elevate both Ohio State and 'Bama?

I'd love to see some upsets this weekend that throw the hole thing into panic mode. lol
    Last edited by GAC; 11-30-2022 at 03:11 PM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

7. Likes:

goreds2 (11-30-2022)

Bring me JSN.

9. Likes:

BuckeyeRed27 (12-03-2022),Hillsdale87 (12-03-2022)

Let’s freaking go!

I’d buy the whole state of Utah a beer if they’d drink it.

11. Likes:

goreds2 (12-03-2022),texasdave (12-03-2022)

Wowzer
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Come on Kansas St. get me that rematch.

If I had a nickel for every “Buuuuuuutttt they lost at home by 22!!!!!”

15. Likes:

Assembly Hall (12-03-2022),GAC (12-03-2022)

* Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

17. Likes:

757690 (12-03-2022),Assembly Hall (12-03-2022),oregonred (12-03-2022),RedTeamGo! (12-03-2022)

I didn't see any of the game last night. Working on a house remodel in town, and was too darn tired (lol). Saw the headline this morning, and my first thought was -"That was easy. Ohio State's in."

At high noon today, every Ohio State and Michigan fan will be watching the KState vs TCU game.

I hope Day, and this coaching staff, LEARNED something, took something away from that terrrible loss at home, and make the right adjustments. They've most likely been given new life. But Day's coaching "credentials" are also on the line (when it comes to the big games, the ones that count). Their RBs will be back and healthy at least.

If TCU loses, and 'Bama then moves up to #4 - what a scenario, a media mogul's dream come true - Georgia v 'Bama Michigan v Ohio State SEC B10 revenge matches, another chance at redemption for both ..... or to be further embarassed on national TV.

Lets start a good conspiracy theory (LOL) ..... the committee puts 'Bama at #3 and Ohio State at #4, and thus setting up a possible re-match of last year's championship game? Who'd ESPN sign a contract with?

Don't think that's going to happen. But, IMO, this is not just about OSU getting another shot at Michigan; but also the true mettle of the B10 v the SEC when it comes to championship games. Since it's inception (2014), there have been 8 championship games. The B10 made two appearances, and are 1-1... the ACC has made 4 appearances (Clemson) and are 2-2... then we get to the SEC which has appeared in the game the last 7 years ('Bama, LSU, Georgia), and 5-2.

All season long the fans are discussing, trying to figure out just how good/bad their teams are. As well as the opposition. Now is when we find out. Ohio State and/or Michigan need to state that case for the B10 if they want to be taken seriously when it comes to the CFP. Because right now, IMO, the standing among the P5 schools, in relationship to the CFP, is ....

1 SEC
    2 ACC
    3 B10
    PAC12
    Last edited by GAC; 12-03-2022 at 06:24 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    The number one recruit in the country according to 247.

I always take these huge early commitments with a gigantic grain of salt, though.
    I hate that my bad feeling about Raiola was confirmed. With that said, I think I am OK with this. It sounds like Raiola is a big kid and was basically a statue this year in HS. There were actually 2 games this year where his team scored 0 and 7 points. When you consider the fact Raiola plays for a loaded Chandler team, that is kind of shocking. Sometimes I wonder about these kids given a 5th star as freshman/sophomores. By all accounts, he looks the part and has a good arm, but I dunno, something seems off about this kid and his family. There are reports the Raiola family wanted to be heavily involved with the OC hiring and coaching staff. That screams red flag to me. Also, the day Frost was hired I kind of thought this was inevitable. Rumors Matt Rhule told the Raiola family they will definitely have a say in who gets hired to his offensive staff.

With that said, I want true dual threat QBs moving forward. That is exactly what Lincoln Keinholz is. Devin Brown as a bit of that as well. I am hoping OSU pushes hard for Jaydyn Davis out of Charlotte:

https://247sports.com/player/jadyn-davis-46085247/

247 shows 100% to Michigan, but A.) way too soon for that and B.) this was before Raiola decommitted. Davis is coached by the same QB coach as Fields, Haskins, and Stroud. Also, it sounds like Clemson is trying to get in with him. Originally, Davis was planning on committing to UM before Christmas. Now he has pushed it back into 2023. That is usually a really bad sign for the team that has a player on lock. If I had to guess Davis ends up at Clemson, however, with that QB coach aspect, possible OSU can get in there.

Jadyn Davis would be huge.

I’m sure Raiola is talented, but I never get too wrapped up in any single recruit. You just need a good QB, if he was 1 or 15 in the class probably doesn’t matter that much. I don’t think the 1 overall QB recruit has ever won a national championship (maybe Lawrence but he wasn’t the starter in 18).

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Jadyn Davis would be huge.

I’m sure Raiola is talented, but I never get too wrapped up in any single recruit. You just need a good QB, if he was 1 or 15 in the class probably doesn’t matter that much. I don’t think the 1 overall QB recruit has ever won a national championship (maybe Lawrence but he wasn’t the starter in 18).
    To some extent it stinks to lose Raiola but with Day I am not worried about QB's. This commitment kinda reminds me of Quinn Ewers, a guy who always wanted to go elsewhere, committed to Day and OSU, then changed when things changed at his dream school.

But the QB room is stacked, probably will remain stacked for the foreseeable future. This new recruit, Keinholz really intrigues me. A three sport athlete from South Dakota who has really risen in the QB ratings may be a hidden gem. I am sure he is raw, playing against SD competition isn't exaclty Florida, Texas, or Cali, but if Day can develop him watch out.

The dual threat QB is a tiresome discussion among OSU fans. I think you need a guy who "can" run, but Day is always going to be a pass first, scramble second QB coach. OSU had a devastating run game when JT Barrett was playing QB, but their passing game was pretty average at that time. Give me a better overall run game, and no one is really going to be talking about the QB run game.

22. Likes:

GAC (12-22-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    To some extent it stinks to lose Raiola but with Day I am not worried about QB's. This commitment kinda reminds me of Quinn Ewers, a guy who always wanted to go elsewhere, committed to Day and OSU, then changed when things changed at his dream school.

But the QB room is stacked, probably will remain stacked for the foreseeable future. This new recruit, Keinholz really intrigues me. A three sport athlete from South Dakota who has really risen in the QB ratings may be a hidden gem. I am sure he is raw, playing against SD competition isn't exaclty Florida, Texas, or Cali, but if Day can develop him watch out.

The dual threat QB is a tiresome discussion among OSU fans. I think you need a guy who "can" run, but Day is always going to be a pass first, scramble second QB coach. OSU had a devastating run game when JT Barrett was playing QB, but their passing game was pretty average at that time. Give me a better overall run game, and no one is really going to be talking about the QB run game.
    Day's greatest successes so far came with the best dual threat QB in the country

24. Likes:

Revering4Blue (12-19-2022)

Turn Off Ads?