Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: College Baseball 2022

Re: College Baseball 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I'm talking about RPI for baseball. Did you think I was talking about Baseball America's ratings? RPI is not something that's voted on

https://www.abca.org/magazine/2013-1...02013%20season.
    Again, what does this have to do with Baseball America? Who cares about RPI? It's stupid and makes no sense. Never has.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Again, what does this have to do with Baseball America? Who cares about RPI? It's stupid and makes no sense. Never has.
    It has nothing to do with BA. If I gave the impression that it did, my error. I was saying that I disagree with the RPI and gave the reasons why. I don't think I linked BA to it but if I did, my bad

4. Likes:

Kingspoint (04-04-2022)

I thought you two were doing a Who's on First routine.

6. Likes:

Kingspoint (04-04-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I thought you two were doing a Who's on First routine.
    I don't know where the confusion came from but I'm glad we finally sorted it out

8. Likes:

Boston Red (03-31-2022),Kingspoint (04-04-2022)

Tennessee is continuing their roll vs Vanderbilt this weekend. They won easily both nights and haven't trailed. They go for the sweep today. Vanderbilt isn't going away. I think they're headed to Omaha again this year. They have all kinds of talent. Outfielder Enrique Bradfield has a future in MLB. He has Billy Hamilton speed and basestealing ability but he's not a wet noodle physically. He steals bases so easily that he slides and is upright before the ball even arrives from the catcher. Plays a good CF too. They also have a LH pitcher freshman Carter Holton who throws a 95 mph FB but his curve and changeup are in the 70s. He can throw them all for strikes.

Question: It used to be that baseball players once on a college team had to wait until after their JR year to be drafted. Is that still the case?

10. Likes:

Kingspoint (04-04-2022)

Article from ESPN on the Vols and their excitement

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/...baseball-world

They said ticket prices for games at Vandy this weekend on Vividseats.com were going for more than Final Four tx in New Orleans

Tennessee has easily taken over #1 in the RPI, 10-1 in quad 1. Dallas Baptist is still hanging on at #2 even though they've lost 2 straight to Wofford. I am concerned that Tennessee is peaking too early but it's a fun ride nonetheless

Tennessee takes down the VandyBoys 5-0 in the series finale

Attachment 18165

14. Likes:

Kingspoint (04-04-2022)

Just another note on the evidence why it's so difficult for teams up North to win a College World Series.

The 39th Parallel, which goes from the Bay Area, cutting below Denver, crossing the Ohio about where Cincinnati is, and finally ending up at about Annapolis, MD, is an interesting line in College Baseball.

Only 3 times since 1967 has a University whose location sits above that line won the College World Series. All three times, it has been the same team, Oregon State, which is way above that line, over 400 miles, which makes it pretty remarkable what the Beavers have accomplished. No school from Maryland or above, none from Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, any New England State, Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, the Dakotas, Colorado, Washington, Utah. It's a very interesting stat. University of Tennessee is way below that, so no problem.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Just another note on the evidence why it's so difficult for teams up North to win a College World Series.

The 39th Parallel, which goes from the Bay Area, cutting below Denver, crossing the Ohio about where Cincinnati is, and finally ending up at about Annapolis, MD, is an interesting line in College Baseball.

Only 3 times since 1967 has a University whose location sits above that line won the College World Series. All three times, it has been the same team, Oregon State, which is way above that line, over 400 miles, which makes it pretty remarkable what the Beavers have accomplished. No school from Maryland or above, none from Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, any New England State, Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, the Dakotas, Colorado, Washington, Utah. It's a very interesting stat. University of Tennessee is way below that, so no problem.
    I normally hold off until football season but I have already traded my IU cap for an orange one.

17. Likes:

Sea Ray (04-04-2022)

Kudos to the Beavers but their weather is far better than the comparable parallel in the midwest, say Cleveland?

I can't wait until Xavier goes into Knoxville in three weeks and blows up this whole Volunteer lovefest!

I would also like to point out that I "coached" Volunteer Hall of Famer Chris Burke on his 18U team between senior year of high school and his freshman season at UT. Taught him everything he knows! (Definitely wasn't his dad who spent 20 years coaching in high school and college!)

I can't wait until Xavier goes into Knoxville in three weeks and blows up this whole Volunteer lovefest!

I would also like to point out that I "coached" Volunteer Hall of Famer Chris Burke on his 18U team between senior year of high school and his freshman season at UT. Taught him everything he knows! (Definitely wasn't his dad who spent 20 years coaching in high school and college!)
    Xavier plays the Vols? Fun! Does that happen very often?

I don't recall them playing in the past. April 26 in Knoxville.

I don't recall them playing in the past. April 26 in Knoxville.
    Me neither. Thanks for the tip

Turn Off Ads?