Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: College Baseball 2022

Re: College Baseball 2022

Auburn entered the Top-25 this week to sit at #21 with a sweep over South Carolina and wins over Kennesaw State and Alabama State. They come to TEN this weekend. That should be a good series.

Oregon State's not really been tested so far this season. They are consistent, losing only one series all year, but they are only 2-3 against Top-25. They'll get their chance with ARI and STA in the Top-10 and UCLA in the next tier, and the Ducks hanging around the bottom of the top-25 for most of the year. 13-5 in PAC-12 play is still really good. The first year they won the WS in 2007, they finished under .500 in PAC-12 play, coming on strong the 2nd half of the year and through the playoffs (becoming the first team to win the CWS through the entire losers bracket).
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 04-25-2022 at 09:20 PM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    OK, it's Xavier/Tennessee tomorrow. I don't know if there are official point spreads on this but I'm seeing folks mentioning a ten run spread. I doubt Tennessee covers that but they should win obviously
    Xavier's pitching is obnoxious bad. But they hit well, and I assume they'll be facing the C team of Tennesse pitching. So I'll go 17-9 Vols.

For reference, Xavier played a weekend series against the#2 Beavers earlier in the season and lost 13-3, 9-0 and 5-4.
    Last edited by Boston Red; 04-25-2022 at 09:17 PM.

4. Likes:

Kingspoint (04-25-2022)

Tennessee won their games in the Super Regional last year and advanced to the College World Series

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/sport...rs/7712964002/

With the kind of regular season they've had, I think the pressure of the post season will be tremendous.

I'm enjoying this historic regular season and go from there

6. Likes:

Kingspoint (04-25-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Xavier's pitching is obnoxious bad. But they hit well, and I assume they'll be facing the C team of Tennesse pitching. So I'll go 17-9 Vols.

For reference, Xavier played a weekend series against the#2 Beavers earlier in the season and lost 13-3, 9-0 and 5-4.
    Yeah, those Tuesday games get the "C" pitching, thus Oregon State's loss to the Zags last Tuesday.

- - - Updated - - -

Tennessee won their games in the Super Regional last year and advanced to the College World Series

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/sport...rs/7712964002/

With the kind of regular season they've had, I think the pressure of the post season will be tremendous.

I'm enjoying this historic regular season and go from there
    Well, there ya' go. That probably makes them the favorites to win the CWS.

They've been there. They know the pressure. They are at home through the Super Regionals. Only multiple pitching injuries could stop them from "getting there". I'd be making reservations to Omaha if you have the time and money.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 04-25-2022 at 09:24 PM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

OK, it's Xavier/Tennessee tomorrow. I don't know if there are official point spreads on this but I'm seeing folks mentioning a ten run spread. I doubt Tennessee covers that but they should win obviously
    Yeah, probably won't cover based on what Boston RED mentioned about Tuesday likely pitchers. TEN will save all of their best pitchers for Arkansas this weekend (as they and everyone does for most weekends). Should be something like what Boston RED said, 17-9.

One of our pitchers is hurt so yeah, you're getting our 4th or 5th guy but the Vols are deep. He's a left hander, Zander Sechrist. I see Xavier's starter has only thrown 6 innings this year and his longest outing is less than 3 IP. It's the bullpen depth where the men and the boys tend to separate in college ball. These midweek games are often bullpen by committee days.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Yeah, probably won't cover based on what Boston RED mentioned about Tuesday likely pitchers. TEN will save all of their best pitchers for Arkansas this weekend (as they and everyone does for most weekends). Should be something like what Boston RED said, 17-9.
    Tenn doesn't play Arkansas this year. Quirk in the schedule. As you know, it's Auburn

Tenn doesn't play Arkansas this year. Quirk in the schedule. As you know, it's Auburn
    Doh! Alzheimers moment.

BA's poll voters don't put a lot of stock into the results of Tuesday games knowing the lineups involved in those games is not indicative of the teams that are playing. They are almost like pre-season, experiment games. Some guys get to start who won't start another game all year.

Tennessee up 9-0 in the 6th. Musketeers putting in their 4th pitcher of the inning

TEN had the 10-run lead covered going into the top of the 9th, up 10-0. They gave up a run and if you had the under, which is what Boston Red said, you would have won.

Great win, btw, anyway. Half a dozen ranked teams lost to unranked teams today and there are still results waiting from another half a dozen ranked teams.

Yeah, that run Tennessee gave up with 2 outs in the 9th pissed off a lot of UT fans including this one. Oh well. I guess a ten run point spread was about right

Xavier didn't embarrass themselves. That's basically a win!

Unfortunately, if Xavier manages to win the Big East Tournament, I suspect they'll find themselves right back in Knoxville.

Xavier didn't embarrass themselves. That's basically a win!

Unfortunately, if Xavier manages to win the Big East Tournament, I suspect they'll find themselves right back in Knoxville.
    10-1 isn't embarrassing themselves? That dropped fly ball in RF was pretty embarrassing and led to a barrage of runs

Nope, 10-1 doesn't jump out to anyone. It's just a normal score for 38-3 #1 team to beat a mediocre Big East by. Didn't even beat the spread!

As a matter of fact, it was Tennessee's 14th win by 9 or more runs this year and it was the 15th time an opponent had been held to 1 run or less. So yesterday's contest was more or less standard operating procedure.
    Last edited by Boston Red; 04-27-2022 at 05:14 PM.

Turn Off Ads?