Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RIP Bob Saget

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: RIP Bob Saget

OMG. We were planning to go see him in Wichita a month ago with friends but just never pulled the trigger on tickets. Now, obviously, I wish we had gone. Way too young! He was pretty great.

4. Likes:

goreds2 (01-09-2022)

RIP
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Reading Twitter. Yes I’m doing it at my own peril. Between the accolades there’s people writing about one more pedophile down? Then of course it must be the recent vaccination and booster doing it to him. Can we go back in time and have Twitter never happen.

7. Likes:

goreds2 (01-11-2022),RedTeamGo! (01-10-2022)

The most common description of Saget is of how kind he was. This was known about him in the comedy world before he died, everyone has a personal story about his kindness, even me.

My Bob Saget story: I was at a bar in Santa Monica around 2002 with my then girlfriend, when Jonathan Silverman entered, came over to us and started aggressively hitting on her. She was polite, but wanted nothing to do with it. He even brought out a DVD of his latest straight to DVD movie to give to her as a gift. She just laughed. He started to get more aggressive, to where she started to get more uncomfortable. All of the sudden, Bob Saget came out of nowhere, stood in between Silverman and her, and told him to cool it. He eventually dragged Silverman away, then came back, apologized to us and paid for our drinks.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

9. Likes:

Chip R (01-13-2022),goreds2 (01-11-2022),kaldaniels (02-10-2022),redsmetz (01-10-2022),RedTeamGo! (01-10-2022),Roy Tucker (01-13-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Reading Twitter. Yes I’m doing it at my own peril. Between the accolades there’s people writing about one more pedophile down? Then of course it must be the recent vaccination and booster doing it to him. Can we go back in time and have Twitter never happen.
    I like some folks jump to the vaccine and booster and ignore the fact Saget spent decades struggling with heavy drug and alcohol abuse.

That aside: RIP to a great comedian.

I appreciated that he could do both raunchy humor (his stand-up, the movie Dirty Work) and could also swallow his pride and make family friendly shows like Full House and America's Funniest Home Videos. He had to have realized he had a great face for family comedy.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    The most common description of Saget is of how kind he was. This was known about him in the comedy world before he died, everyone has a personal story about his kindness, even me.

My Bob Saget story: I was at a bar in Santa Monica around 2002 with my then girlfriend, when Jonathan Silverman entered, came over to us and started aggressively hitting on her. She was polite, but wanted nothing to do with it. He even brought out a DVD of his latest straight to DVD movie to give to her as a gift. She just laughed. He started to get more aggressive, to where she started to get more uncomfortable. All of the sudden, Bob Saget came out of nowhere, stood in between Silverman and her, and told him to cool it. He eventually dragged Silverman away, then came back, apologized to us and paid for our drinks.
    Jonathan Silverman! Now that is a name I have not heard in some time! He just completely disappeared after the 90s. I remember watching The Single Guy every week (between Seinfeld and Friends) and my adolescent self thought he was going to be a big star. Ha.

I was at the dentist in like 2008 or so in LA just getting a cleaning and I hear this very recognizable voice for most of the time I was in the chair. How I Met Your Mother was really popular at the time and Bob Saget was the voice over guy on that show and I finally placed that it was him after like 10 minutes. So I’m getting ready to leave and I very quietly (I thought) asked the hygienist “hey is that Bob Saget on the other side of the wall” and before she says anything he yells over “sure is nice to meet you”.

13. Likes:

757690 (01-10-2022),cumberlandreds (01-11-2022),Dom Heffner (02-14-2022),goreds2 (01-11-2022),redsmetz (01-10-2022),RedTeamGo! (01-10-2022),Revering4Blue (02-09-2022),Roy Tucker (01-13-2022),The Operator (02-16-2022),WrongVerb (01-11-2022)

Bob Saget died from head trauma, his family says

https://www.mercurynews.com/2022/02/...s-family-says/

The authorities have determined that Bob passed from head trauma. They have concluded that he accidentally hit the back of his head on something, thought nothing of it and went to sleep,” the statement said. “No drugs or alcohol were involved.”
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

They said he would have had to hit it pretty hard.

What stands out to me is how ungodly Bob Sagat was in his comedy compared to his family friendly show, Full House. Where is Bob Sagat now in light of eternity? Probably crying out to God to not allow his family and friends to come to this place of torment.

They call me "chef"

I feel for Saget but it could have been worse. Some people suffer self-inflicted brain damage and live to post on the Internet with it.

18. Likes:

Chip R (02-11-2022),Fil3232 (02-11-2022),moewan (02-12-2022),RedTeamGo! (02-11-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by DayGameRedLegs View Post
    What stands out to me is how ungodly Bob Sagat was in his comedy compared to his family friendly show, Full House. Where is Bob Sagat now in light of eternity? Probably crying out to God to not allow his family and friends to come to this place of torment.
    I didn't realize a sense of humor sends you to a eternity of damnation. Thanks for the heads up.

20. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (02-11-2022)

Supposedly he hit his head so hard that it cracked his skull. How does that happen w/o drugs/alcohol? And then he just shrugs it off? Still doesn't add up

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Supposedly he hit his head so hard that it cracked his skull. How does that happen w/o drugs/alcohol? And then he just shrugs it off? Still doesn't add up
    He may have slipped in the bathroom or something. I don't know, I wouldn't be that surprised if he had a head injury and didn't think too much of it and went to bed. People do dumb things, especially when they are concussed. If he was alone, I could def see that happening.

Turn Off Ads?