Thread: March Madness 2022

Re: March Madness 2022

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Was that the Adam Morrison team?
    Adam Morrison was a decade earlier.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Very interesting:

I agree with Buzz Williams. This is the crappiest, laziest bracket I've seen from the committee in a long time. No way the next highest SEC team being a 4 seed should Texas A&M be snubbed.

The Selection Committee gets An F
    In the past the top 4 Seeds of each region normally has a 32 to 38 aver per bracket
    Lowest I have seen is a 31 the highest I have seen is a 38.
    This year has shown that the committee actually did nothing with Rankings or Metrics...
    I have attached a Breakdown of each region based on NET, BPI, POM, SAG & RPI for your viewing pleasure.

Attachment 18117

4. Likes:

Rojo Rijo (03-16-2022)

They should have started giving their best before Valentine's Day.

6. Likes:

cumberlandreds (03-16-2022),dubc47834 (03-17-2022),Revering4Blue (03-16-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Full body of work is fine...so by what metric is Rutgers superior to Tex AM?

Quad 1 record

These bubble deals are always a bit overdone. You've got two very, very flawed teams. How do you pick between them? May as well throw darts at a board. The teams shouldn't put themselves in this position by having such uneven seasons.

9. Likes:

Assembly Hall (03-16-2022),Revering4Blue (03-16-2022)

Quad 1 record

These bubble deals are always a bit overdone. You've got two very, very flawed teams. How do you pick between them? May as well throw darts at a board. The teams shouldn't put themselves in this position by having such uneven seasons.
    Rutgers had 2 more quad 1 wins but their NET was far worse. Their RPI was 91. Xavier's was 62

There doesn't seem to be any criteria to trace these decisions. And it goes further than bubble teams. I'm a little prickly that Tennessee was given a 3 seed. Their metrics are excellent. They've beaten Auburn and Arizona once. UK twice.

It appears to me that the committee was too lazy to take into account what happened last weekend. They didn't want to screw up their brackets that were set before the conference tournaments.
    Last edited by Sea Ray; 03-16-2022 at 10:24 AM.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Full body of work is fine...so by what metric is Rutgers superior to Tex AM?
    Beware of the Scarlet Knights.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Beware of the Scarlet Knights.
    Think they'll win tonight? I picked your Hoosiers last night

13. Likes:

Assembly Hall (03-16-2022)

Think they'll win tonight? I picked your Hoosiers last night
    They should win tonight. But it is March.

Well they did. They started 16-2 and finished 8-2. Their Achilles heel was the 0-8 stretch in the middle which included games against Kentucky, Arkansas, LSU, Tennessee, LSU, and Auburn. All NCAA teams.

I see no way you can say A&M shouldve done more and at the same time say Michigan deserved to be selected. No team has made the NCAAs with a record like theirs (17-14) on over 20 years. Not only did they make the NCAAs as an 11 seed but they get to play in Indianapolis. This after they blew a 16 point lead in their B1G conference tournament loss.

Inexcusable, but I don't expect much agreement on here, being more on here are likely B1G territory/fans. I still stand by my opinion that the SEC having 6 teams in the NCAA - Two 2 seeds, a 3 seed, a 4 seed, and two 6 seeds yet not one team out of the remaining 26 spots go to a SEC team despite 3 other teams finishing .500 in conference play and all 3 winning at least 19 games.
    Last edited by Rojo Rijo; 03-16-2022 at 10:43 AM.

16. Likes:

Sea Ray (03-16-2022)

I've never heard of an at large team having an RPI in the 90s. I guess it's happened before but it's gotta be rare

Again, it's tossing darts. None of those teams did enough to feel safe. You shouldn't put yourself at the mercy of the Committee like that. Plenty of opportunities squandered so it wouldn't be close. If you're fighting about whether you're #48 or #49, well, tough to feel bad for you.

- - - Updated - - -

I've never heard of an at large team having an RPI in the 90s. I guess it's happened before but it's gotta be rare
    RPI is a really stupid metric, and the NCAA doesn't use it anymore.

19. Likes:

dubc47834 (03-17-2022)

Granted, nobody is arguing that Rutgers or Tex A&M are going to win the tournament but it would be nice to know the criteria. Have they quit using RPI? If the answer's yes, fine. Just tell us. It's also a matter of money. Conferences get money based on how many teams make it

Granted, nobody is arguing that Rutgers or Tex A&M are going to win the tournament but it would be nice to know the criteria. Have they quit using RPI? If the answer's yes, fine. Just tell us. It's also a matter of money. Conferences get money based on how many teams make it
    I am pretty sure they quit using RPI quite a few years ago.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    Well they did. They started 16-2 and finished 8-2. Their Achilles heel was the 0-8 stretch in the middle which included games against Kentucky, Arkansas, LSU, Tennessee, LSU, and Auburn. All NCAA teams.

I see no way you can say A&M shouldve done more and at the same time say Michigan deserved to be selected. No team has made the NCAAs with a record like theirs (17-14) on over 20 years. Not only did they make the NCAAs as an 11 seed but they get to play in Indianapolis. This after they blew a 16 point lead in their B1G conference tournament loss.

Inexcusable, but I don't expect much agreement on here, being more on here are likely B1G territory/fans. I still stand by my opinion that the SEC having 6 teams in the NCAA - Two 2 seeds, a 3 seed, a 4 seed, and two 6 seeds yet not one team out of the remaining 26 spots go to a SEC team despite 3 other teams finishing .500 in conference play and all 3 winning at least 19 games.
    I disagree...Michigan blew a 17 point lead.

23. Likes:

Kingspoint (03-16-2022),Revering4Blue (03-16-2022)

Turn Off Ads?