Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Call in sick to school and work Wednesday...it's Greene on a BDS

Call in sick to school and work Wednesday...it's Greene on a BDS

Greene pitching on a Business Day Special @ 12:35 in the afternoon.

Call in sick to work (do they really need you?).

Skip school (is your life going to be any different having missed a day of school?).

$20 gets you a ticket inside a $10 Credit to be used on concessions.

Can't think of a better way to spend a day.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Likes:

GAC (04-05-2023)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Call in sick to school and work Wednesday...it's Greene on a BDS

Hope you get it in buddy. Some pretty wicked storms be coming through Cincy around 2 PM
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

5. Likes:

Chip R (04-05-2023),KYExtemper (04-05-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Hope you get it in buddy. Some pretty wicked storms be coming through Cincy around 2 PM
    They reported on our news that the storm we had over the weekend here in the Northwest was about to do some damage tonight in the Midwest with nighttime Tornadoes possible.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Just saw that the horrible weather is supposed to hit Cincy about 3:00 p.m.

Of course, with any storm, the speed of it is hard to judge as far as timing.

Nobody should be attending this game today.

It's going to be too dangerous to have people in a stadium with this storm.

The players could maybe get five innings in, but as a fan I wouldn't want to be driving around in this storm with possible tornadoes.

Is it wrong to pray for rain? Greene doesn't go deep into games on a regular basis and the bullpen is trashed after last night.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Deagle View Post
    Is it wrong to pray for rain? Greene doesn't go deep into games on a regular basis and the bullpen is trashed after last night.
    Praying for rain is fine.

Hurricanes, tornados, earthquakes…not quite the same
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

At the rate these games are going, they may get it in before the storms hit. Although that is contingent on Hunter being able to find the strike zone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Worth The Wait

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    At the rate these games are going, they may get it in before the storms hit. Although that is contingent on Hunter being able to find the strike zone.
    Really hope so. Tradition for me and my son is to take him out of school and watch OD. This year we had a conflict so we moved it to today. He is so dedicated to his “Reds day” that he told me not to check him out if the game is rained out so he can save it for another day. Any weather updates for a non-local would be appreciated. As long as they make first pitch I think he will be happy.

12. Likes:

Chip R (04-05-2023),Kingspoint (04-05-2023)

I posted this in the game thread also. Looks like the best chance of rain isn't until after 4pm. So they should get this one in if the forecast holds.

https://weather.com/weather/hourbyho...45e499e0581ce8
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Worth The Wait

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    I posted this in the game thread also. Looks like the best chance of rain isn't until after 4pm. So they should get this one in if the forecast holds.

https://weather.com/weather/hourbyho...45e499e0581ce8
    Thank you... Fingers crossed

15. Likes:

cumberlandreds (04-05-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Greene pitching on a Business Day Special @ 12:35 in the afternoon.

Call in sick to work (do they really need you?).

Skip school (is your life going to be any different having missed a day of school?).

$20 gets you a ticket inside a $10 Credit to be used on concessions.

Can't think of a better way to spend a day.
    When I worked downtown I’d do this. Take a late lunch at about 12:15, walk over to Riverfront, and buy a Top 6 ticket for $5. I’d buy a hot dog and a pop for a couple bucks. Find a green seat that the Riverfront ushers weren’t patrolling hard (don’t try the blue seats, they guard those like German Shepards). Watch about 3-4 innings, then get back to work about 2-ish. My manager was based up in Boston so he never knew.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

17. Likes:

757690 (04-05-2023),Chip R (04-05-2023),cumberlandreds (04-05-2023),Kingspoint (04-05-2023),Ron Madden (04-05-2023),westofyou (04-05-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    When I worked downtown I’d do this. Take a late lunch at about 12:15, walk over to Riverfront, and buy a Top 6 ticket for $5. I’d buy a hot dog and a pop for a couple bucks. Find a green seat that the Riverfront ushers weren’t patrolling hard (don’t try the blue seats, they guard those like German Shepards). Watch about 3-4 innings, then get back to work about 2-ish. My manager was based up in Boston so he never knew.
    I like those games. I prefer the Thursday games over the Wednesday games since Thursdays isn't as busy at work for me.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

19. Likes:

Kingspoint (04-05-2023),Ron Madden (04-05-2023),Roy Tucker (04-05-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I loved the Top 6 access, wander around, stand behind HP, steal a seat, eat some peanuts

Good times

21. Likes:

Chip R (04-05-2023),cumberlandreds (04-05-2023),Kingspoint (04-05-2023),Ron Madden (04-05-2023),Roy Tucker (04-05-2023)

Worth The Wait

I have to get my son to Cincy soon. It’s hilarious, we have no connection there at all as I grew up a fan as an outsider and he’s doing the same. But Cincy is #1 on his list of world travel destinations. He really wants to visit all the places he sees advertised on TV— Skyline of course, but also Elk and Elk Law Firm, Mike Castrucci Ford, and Menard’s. I can’t wait for us to make it there and go have him take pics at all these places. Disney? Nah, we are heading to Castrucci.

23. Likes:

Bob Sheed (04-06-2023),Chip R (04-05-2023),cumberlandreds (04-05-2023),Kingspoint (04-05-2023),Redsfaithful (04-05-2023),Ron Madden (04-05-2023),Roy Tucker (04-06-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Edskin View Post
    I have to get my son to Cincy soon. It’s hilarious, we have no connection there at all as I grew up a fan as an outsider and he’s doing the same. But Cincy is #1 on his list of world travel destinations. He really wants to visit all the places he sees advertised on TV— Skyline of course, but also Elk and Elk Law Firm, Mike Castrucci Ford, and Menard’s. I can’t wait for us to make it there and go have him take pics at all these places. Disney? Nah, we are heading to Castrucci.
    Remember Edskin... save more money at Menard's

25. Likes:

Chip R (04-05-2023),GAC (04-06-2023),Tuff Nut (04-05-2023)

Turn Off Ads?