Turn Off Ads?
Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 253132333435

Thread: Reds bullpen, currently

Re: Reds bullpen, currently

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    BR has anyone with 5+ years entering the year qualifying for FA. Hasn’t been changed since February.

Farmer needed 154 days of big league service this season to qualify, he did not hit that mark - as he spent a large chunk of the year off the roster due to being outrighted.

He’s arbitration eligible, in line to make ~2.5M$.
    If he’s arb eligible, he’s an easy non-tender. The Reds can still try to re-sign him, but he won’t get more than $2.5M on the free agent market.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

2. Likes:

mth123 (10-03-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    If he’s arb eligible, he’s an easy non-tender. The Reds can still try to re-sign him, but he won’t get more than $2.5M on the free agent market.
    Now you're coming around. He probably won't even get a major league deal from anyone.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Buck Farmer won’t cost $2.5 million IMO. His highest salary was 2021 with the Tigers, $1.85 million and then was released in August of that year. He signed with the Reds for, reportedly, $850,000 for this season.

He’s unlikely to go from $850K to $2.5 million, the Reds certainly won’t pay that. He’ll probably sign a more reasonable deal with them before the non-tender deadline.
    Last edited by Kc61; 10-03-2022 at 05:56 PM.

His arb salary won't have anything to do with what he was paid in 2022. It's based on what other relievers with similar service and production were paid in their final year of arbitration.
    Last edited by Kinsm; 10-03-2022 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Farmer is a maybe and and you can see it in his flukey HR rate. When that goes back to normal, he's a 5 ERA. If I'm going to go with an iffy guy who is likely a 5 ERA guy, I'd rather gamble on guys who might fill the spot for multiple seasons. They all are ifs at this point. I'd rather have younger ones who might make up a decent pen for the next 3 or 4 years if they pan out, because getting those pieces in place is what matters most.
    If a 5+ ERA guy is added as a Reliever, he better have a K-rate of 13.5+.

I'd rather keep throwing out AAAA Starters than sign a Veteran and let him flounder along with a 5+ ERA during the season.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    His arb salary won't have anything to do with what he was paid in 2022. It's based on what other relievers with similar service and production were paid in their final year of arbitration.
    I don’t see any team going to arbitration with Buck Farmer. Nor is any team likely to triple his salary IMO.

The Reds will try to negotiate a reasonable deal, and probably succeed. If not, another team will try.

The $2.5 million arbitration figure is theoretical in my view.
    Last edited by Kc61; 10-03-2022 at 07:14 PM.

"One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Turn Off Ads?