Turn Off Ads?
Page 36 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Thread: Senzel's Simple Goal: Stay On The Field

Re: Senzel's Simple Goal: Stay On The Field

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    I knew Elly was rising fast, but is he really gonna be a top 5 overall prospect next year?
    If he keeps it up. Zach Buchanan wrote an article a week or so ago about how if EDLC and Cartaya keep up what they are doing the rest of this season #1 prospect in baseball is going to be between them.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

2. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (06-22-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

About 4 years ago many on Redszone were projecting Senzel to be an all star by now

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TNRED View Post
    About 4 years ago many on Redszone were projecting Senzel to be an all star by now
    That was a reasonable prediction given his pedigree and minor league numbers.

6. Likes:

Old school 1983 (06-22-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by TNRED View Post
    Lets trade him now.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Lets trade him now.
    Tonight

9. Likes:

Red Raindog (06-22-2022)

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

I think we can at least bury the "elite hit tool" talk.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

11. Likes:

M2 (06-22-2022),Old school 1983 (06-23-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    Out today as well due to a back strain.

It’s not worth screaming about anymore, as it’s absolutely crystal clear he cannot be factored into any future plans. And by “future plans,” I mean tomorrow.

Total bust.
    It's a shame, the Reds had a lot of opportunities to get a good player for Senzel. Cleveland was interested in Senzel for 2 or 3 years.
    It's really typical of the Reds to hold on to a falling prospect until he completely washes out and is valueless. Reds need to be better at projecting players and cut their losses when
    appropriate (like Senzel).. I mean, yes, a few people would have been mad if we traded Senzel to Cleveland 2 years ago, but I imagine they would have gotten over it pretty quickly.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Schrock is my pick for LF, slide Pham into RH, rent an island, fly the others there and the one who survives plays CF
    Schrock does not have the arm to play OF. It cost us several times last year when he was slid into LF due to injuries.
    Schrock does not hit well enough to overcome his defensive liablities.
    I'd rather have Senzel out there, not because I like Senzel, but at least he's adequate defensively.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Lets trade him now.
    His value is zero. He might would bring back a low level prospect or two, which I guess is better than what we are getting from him. What a huge, monumental bust. An organization like the Reds can't afford(pun intended) to have high ranking prospects flame out. I know it happens to all organizations, but it hurts teams like the Reds, Pirates, Royals, etc. worse.

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    It's a shame, the Reds had a lot of opportunities to get a good player for Senzel. Cleveland was interested in Senzel for 2 or 3 years.
    It's really typical of the Reds to hold on to a falling prospect until he completely washes out and is valueless. Reds need to be better at projecting players and cut their losses when
    appropriate (like Senzel).. I mean, yes, a few people would have been mad if we traded Senzel to Cleveland 2 years ago, but I imagine they would have gotten over it pretty quickly.
    To be fair, they did a good job of this with Taylor Trammell and Shed Long, trading them while they still had value.

Jury is still out on Jeter Downs.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    To be fair, they did a good job of this with Taylor Trammell and Shed Long, trading them while they still had value.

SSS but Trammell is doing well in Seattle this year. Wonder if the Ms would take Mahle for him and Lewis with an eye towards next season? I might roll the dice with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post

That's a good point, on Trammel/Long.. the Reds do make the right call, sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    That's a good point, on Trammel/Long.. the Reds do make the right call, sometimes
    I don’t know if it’s been mentioned, but Trammel’s hitting .268/.361/.521/.883 for the Mariners in 84 PAs this season. He’ll likely cool off but that’s an impressive stretch.

I wouldn’t second guess the trade of Trammell. I recall it was the Bauer trade, I would do that every day.

But it takes lots of patience before reaching final conclusions on some prospects. It takes some guys years before they reach a comfort level in the bigs. Until then, their underlying talent may not be reflected in the numbers.

19. Likes:

Old school 1983 (06-27-2022),REDREAD (06-25-2022),Ron Madden (06-25-2022)

Bobby Nightengale
    @nightengalejr

Nick Senzel immediately went back to the batting cage after last night’s two-hit game as he tries to rebound offensively.

Senzel is hitting .219 this season. "It's been difficult but I've been through difficult times"

“I didn’t come this far, I didn’t go through all that stuff to just lay down and quit if things don’t go my way.”

21. Likes:

fondfoat (06-26-2022),goreds2 (06-25-2022)

Speaking of small sample sizes, these are Senzel's numbers this year. Those last 7 days aren't bad:

Name:  Screen Shot 2022-06-27 at 10.42.00 AM.png
Views: 220
Size:  34.8 KB

Turn Off Ads?