Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Senzel's Simple Goal: Stay On The Field

Re: Senzel's Simple Goal: Stay On The Field

I could care less about CF at this point.

Needing to have a replacement for Senzel is not a reason to keep him.

I'd rather give Friedl 700 PA's in the majors to see what happens and let him Defend CF.

There are 1000 minor league players I would trade Senzel for just to get rid of him.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Turn Off Ads?

I get thinking he’s a bust, but I don’t get the hate for the guy. Things just haven’t worked out, which sucks but it happens. Some people talk about the guy like he killed their dog.

4. Likes:

757690 (05-26-2022),alwaysawarrior (05-26-2022),BoxingRed (05-26-2022),cumberlandreds (05-26-2022),CySeymour (05-25-2022),HokieRed (05-25-2022),Mitri (05-25-2022),Old school 1983 (05-25-2022),Revering4Blue (05-26-2022),RiverRat13 (05-26-2022),Ron Madden (05-25-2022),westofyou (05-25-2022),Wonderful Monds (05-25-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by LeatherPants View Post
    I get thinking he’s a bust, but I don’t get the hate for the guy. Things just haven’t worked out, which sucks but it happens. Some people talk about the guy like he killed their dog.
    This ^^^

And TJ Friedel will be lucky to get 700 career PA's in MLB

6. Likes:

Ron Madden (05-25-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    I could care less about CF at this point.

Needing to have a replacement for Senzel is not a reason to keep him.

I'd rather give Friedl 700 PA's in the majors to see what happens and let him Defend CF.

There are 1000 minor league players I would trade Senzel for just to get rid of him.
    What does Friedl give the Reds that Senzel doesn't? That's just plugging a body in so Senzel doesn't play, which doesn't solve anything. After a few months you'd start saying the same thing about Friedl.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

8. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (05-26-2022),Ron Madden (05-25-2022)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

yea as said a few pages back, he has definitely been a team player. Has been asked to switch between a few of the most demanding defensive positions and has done so enthusiastically each time.

He doesn’t suck for a lack of effort. His tools just didn’t translate to the bigs, and he just unfortunately never had the durability tool.

10. Likes:

CySeymour (05-25-2022)

Every time I look at him all I see is organizational failure. It's not even him at this point so much as the Reds handing him more unearned chances because they've refused to go out and get a viable CF.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post
    What does Friedl give the Reds that Senzel doesn't?
    An end to Nick Senzel.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Nick Senzel was sure flashing the leather tonight !!!
    Always good to see that especially in Center Field.
    It would be great if his hitting would improve.

14. Likes:

mth123 (05-26-2022)

Senzel is a pretty good sized athletic player. It seems like something could be worked out with his swing to generate some pop. No reason a guy who put up the minor league numbers he did can't hit 20 bombs playing home games in GABP. Yes his glove work was impressive tonight, and if that continues he'd be worth keeping around just to play a good CF. I'd just like to see his full potential unlocked.

As great as his glove work might be, it isnt as good as Billy Hamilton's. Billy was much better on the bases and about as good with the bat and people wanted rid of him. Never underestimate the power of a first round pick.

Nick Senzel will hit. Even this year, his LD rate is high, his BABIP is low. While there are flaws, too much soft contact, eventually it will happen. Just requires playing time.

He was off to a decent start his rookie year and then all the interruptions. With time, it will happen.

Reminds me of everyone giving up on Jonathan India in the minor leagues. Some guys require patience. Senzel has missed so much time, constant interruptions, changes of position.

18. Likes:

mth123 (05-26-2022),Ron Madden (05-26-2022)

I could see him getting himself healthy and popping out for a random big season and tricking someone into a really bad long term deal. Think Aaron Rowand or AJ pollock on the super optimistic side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I'm not mad, I just type aggressively"
    -Rdirtypirates (Sep 6, 2023)

20. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (05-26-2022)

How'd Senzel do today?

I see that with a chance to put the game away in the bottom of the 8th, he struck out staring at a strike with runners stranded on 2nd and 3rd to end the inning.

Plate Appearances like that are unacceptable and proves once more that he's worthless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Nick Senzel will hit. Even this year, his LD rate is high, his BABIP is low. While there are flaws, too much soft contact, eventually it will happen. Just requires playing time.

He was off to a decent start his rookie year and then all the interruptions. With time, it will happen.

Reminds me of everyone giving up on Jonathan India in the minor leagues. Some guys require patience. Senzel has missed so much time, constant interruptions, changes of position.
    He's 27. After next year, it's all downhill.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

This is where I'm at. If he can continue to stay on the field consistently, I think we'll the hits start falling. I do want to see more pop. They were saying last night that he slimmed down a lot (I can't see it looking at him) I wonder if he sapped his strength in the process. I remember when Dmitri Young lost a bunch of weight. Everyone was all excited that he was "in the best shape of his life" but he could barely hit the ball out of the IF. He gained some weight back and his pop returned.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

but this assumes he will be able to stay on the field for an extended period of time. nothing that has has displayed during his professional career reflects that he can do that. i agree that IF (huge if) senzel can stay healthy for the rest of the season, he will likely eventually hit. but right now, he looks like a runaway train headed for bustville.

Turn Off Ads?