Turn Off Ads?
Page 46 of 55 FirstFirst ... 36424344454647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: Senzel's Simple Goal: Stay On The Field

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Re: Senzel's Simple Goal: Stay On The Field

Quote Originally Posted by icehole3 View Post
    Senzel left the game today with right hamstring tightness. He's day-to-day.

https://mobile.twitter.com/m_sheldon...34772533051394
    Jim Hulsey
    @hulsey_jim
    ·
    17h
    Replying to
    @m_sheldon
    He’s always day to day

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    I hope what I saw and heard during the trading period forecasts the goal over the next ten years for the REDS. If that's true. Senzel won't be wearing a REDS' uniform in 2023, unless they have an ultimate goal of moving him next March through July for something. They shouldn't be worrying about him anymore as a lottery ticket. Even if Senzel did start to hit, he would end up commanding more money than the major risk factor that he is and will always be. His career is full of possible bad outcomes. It's been nothing but one bad outcome so far.
    Well, my take is that Senzel should be on the roster until they get 5 OFs better than him. (Not saying you disagree)
    I am guessing his payday won't be big this winter -- I mean, it can't be, he's done nothing so far.
    Keeping him around as a backup OF makes a lot more sense than keeping Aquino, IMO.
    Senzel vs Almora? That's a tossup, I could go either way.
    But our OF is so bad, I think Senzel is still in the top 3. Hopefully that changes this winter.. IF the Reds are willing to spend on OF this winter, then you may be right, he might be nontendered.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

4. Likes:

Chip R (08-15-2022),Old school 1983 (08-15-2022),Revering4Blue (08-15-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    Well, my take is that Senzel should be on the roster until they get 5 OFs better than him. (Not saying you disagree)
    I am guessing his payday won't be big this winter -- I mean, it can't be, he's done nothing so far.
    Keeping him around as a backup OF makes a lot more sense than keeping Aquino, IMO.
    Senzel vs Almora? That's a tossup, I could go either way.
    But our OF is so bad, I think Senzel is still in the top 3. Hopefully that changes this winter.. IF the Reds are willing to spend on OF this winter, then you may be right, he might be nontendered.
    Why does Senzel make more sense than Aquino. Aquino is a better defender, healthier, better baserunner and has power off the bench which makes him fit a back up bench role better IMO. Also I think Aquino would accept it more than Senzel.

Honestly i want better players

6. Likes:

REDREAD (08-15-2022),TRF (08-16-2022)

They should convert India to a LF. They probably will see if Freidl can hit better. Alomar has played better than Senzel. This guy is barely hanging on as a 4th OF.

I want Senzel out of this org yesterday
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    They should convert India to a LF. They probably will see if Freidl can hit better. Alomar has played better than Senzel. This guy is barely hanging on as a 4th OF.
    If Friedl was in anyone's plans he'd be up today.

He's 27 years old and has 2100 ML PAs, he's not in anyone's plans except his girlfriends

10. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (08-15-2022),Chip R (08-15-2022),HokieRed (08-15-2022),REDREAD (08-15-2022),RedTeamGo! (08-15-2022),Revering4Blue (08-15-2022),Tom Servo (08-15-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post

He's 27 years old and has 2100 ML PAs, he's not in anyone's plans except his girlfriends
    For the record: his girlfriend is a dime
    What would you say.....ya do here?

12. Likes:

Tom Servo (08-15-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneinthBrame View Post
    Why does Senzel make more sense than Aquino. Aquino is a better defender, healthier, better baserunner and has power off the bench which makes him fit a back up bench role better IMO. Also I think Aquino would accept it more than Senzel.

Honestly i want better players
    All my opinion, but Aquino has maxed out his opportunities. He's not getting any better.
    Senzel has been injured almost his entire career. He might have a little bit of upside.
    Now true, Senzel has been a disaster this year, but in prior years, he's had more than the 4 weeks of success that Aquino has.
    I have not watched many Reds games this year, so maybe this opinion is outdated, but Senzel just looks like a better hitter.
    Aquino, just throw him a decent slider and he's an automatic out.
    I think Senzel is adequate in CF. Does not have Aquino's arm, but he's competent in CF.
    I remember when Senzel was first put in CF, some people claimed he was great there.. My opinion has always been that Senzel is adequate.
    Maybe he's been bad on the field this year.. as I Said, I have not been watching as much.. so perhaps my opinion is outdated.

I agree with your basic premise though. This team really needs at least 3 or 4 completely new OFers. Krall made a pretty big hole to dig out of.
    Also, it's a shame the Reds did not cash in Senzel for something useful when they had the chance to.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Remember how the Reds got Friedl due to a "loophole"? He was undrafted, the Reds had pool money left and were able to swoop in and sign him.
    I think most teams didn't realize he was eligible for the draft or something like that?
    I was one of the people super excited about that too, I am not making fun of anyone.
    A great case study in how fans grasp for any straw to have hope the team will get better, any hope that their front office is somehow smarter than any else's front office.

You can never fully count him out as I have seen very late bloomers like Bill Robinson flame out with PHI and NYY. Mike Easler with CA and HOU. Dave Collins looked like barely a 4thOF with CA then SEA. Barely hit 200 with the Reds in 1978.

Now I don’t remember their exact ages when they figured it out and I’m sure there’s more recent examples like our favorite former Redhead Red. Justin Turner.

Just no more Senzel please. Aquino too but surprisingly he looks more exciting to watch than Nick.

I almost forget. At least one of those SS will probably be moved to the OF and there’s still hope for Michael Siani.

17. Likes:

Revering4Blue (08-15-2022),westofyou (08-15-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    You can never fully count him out as I have seen very late bloomers like Bill Robinson flame out with PHI and NYY. Mike Easler with CA and HOU. Dave Collins looked like barely a 4thOF with CA then SEA. Barely hit 200 with the Reds in 1978.

Now I don’t remember their exact ages when they figured it out and I’m sure there’s more recent examples like our favorite former Redhead Red. Justin Turner.

Just no more Senzel please. Aquino too but surprisingly he looks more exciting to watch than Nick.

Robinson was earmarked as the next (after Ellie) black star for the Yankees, Easler was blocked by Bob Watson and was a classic late bloomer after getting out of the dome, Collin's was getting 300 PSAs at age 22 Turner is a big guy, in a power era who rakes against RH's

Friedl is the Lance Davis of outfielders, he got a 100 PA audition this year and I think that's about it.

19. Likes:

Revering4Blue (08-15-2022)

Not necessarily, he’s was injured the other day on a HBP.

21. Likes:

REDREAD (08-15-2022)

Robinson was earmarked as the next (after Ellie) black star for the Yankees, Easler was blocked by Bob Watson and was a classic late bloomer after getting out of the dome, Collin's was getting 300 PSAs at age 22 Turner is a big guy, in a power era who rakes against RH's

Friedl is the Lance Davis of outfielders, he got a 100 PA audition this year and I think that's about it.
    I thought Roy White was touted as that but yes Bill did have expectations he could not match trying to hit 3 run homers with no one on.

I didn’t know Easler was blocked by Watson. Who had been blocked by John Mayberry. That much I remember. I know Easler had defensive shortcomings though. And he was an OF. They needed guys who could field and run great in that park.

I agree with the other 2 of course.

Lance Davis? I had high hopes for anyone who could throw a ball to pitch for the Reds during that era.

It's more than a little obvious that Senzel brings nothing to the table other than the occasional BAbip lucky streak where he racks up a bunch of singles. If the Reds are going to go with a no bat CF at least get one that's a plus defender and can steal some bases.

Turn Off Ads?