Turn Off Ads?
Page 45 of 55 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: Senzel's Simple Goal: Stay On The Field

Re: Senzel's Simple Goal: Stay On The Field

I’d tell him he’s no longer the CF. We don’t want you to steal bases. Bulk up. Launch angle. Grip it and rip it. You’re the 3b for the first half next year. Prove it or get your insurance license.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Why is Senzel unable to generate power at the plate? It wasn’t a problem in the minors or in his first years in the majors.

Is it the result of the injuries/ailments he’s had?

Is it the mechanics of his swing? Hits quite a few GBs.

Is it a lack of balance at the plate? TV replay showed earlier in season Nick stumbling after the swing.

I hope Reds have focused on this, it’s pretty unusual. He’s not a flea, listed at 205. And as I said he did have adequate power earlier on.
    Last edited by Kc61; 08-12-2022 at 06:36 PM.

4. Likes:

REDREAD (08-15-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    The word, "fungibility", always makes me think of fungus.
    I was perusing my thesaurus and saw this word and made it a word of the day to use.

Tomorrow’s is kakorrhaphiophobia.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Old school 1983 View Post
    I’d tell him he’s no longer the CF. We don’t want you to steal bases. Bulk up. Launch angle. Grip it and rip it. You’re the 3b for the first half next year. Prove it or get your insurance license.
    Or, and hear me out on this, throw him in a pit of acid.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

7. Likes:

TRF (08-16-2022)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Steal bases? He doesn't even do that well.

9. Likes:

M2 (08-12-2022),RiverRat13 (08-12-2022)

I guess that’s one plan. Another might be to try to get an actual starting caliber MLB player to take his place.

11. Likes:

elrojo (08-15-2022),Mitri (08-12-2022),Old school 1983 (08-12-2022),RedTeamGo! (08-13-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Why is Senzel unable to generate power at the plate? It wasn’t a problem in the minors or in his first years in the majors.

Is it the result of the injuries/ailments he’s had?

Is it the mechanics of his swing? Hits quite a few GBs.

Is it a lack of balance at the plate? TV replay showed earlier in season Nick stumbling after the swing.

I hope Reds have focused on this, it’s pretty unusual. He’s not a flea, listed at 205. And as I said he did have adequate power earlier on.
    I think the vertigo stuff completely altered him. It took out nick Esaskys career. Baseball is so fast and requires crazy hand eye coordination. Senzel is just not the athlete or coordinated person he once was.

No problem keeping him as a reserve or super sub and continue working with him. It’s not an exact science.

But no - he’s not a starter. Or close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I'm not mad, I just type aggressively"
    -Rdirtypirates (Sep 6, 2023)

13. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (08-15-2022),CaiGuy (08-14-2022),elrojo (08-15-2022),M2 (08-13-2022),REDREAD (08-15-2022),RiverRat13 (08-13-2022),westofyou (08-12-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Or, and hear me out on this, throw him in a pit of acid.
    I don’t want him coming back as the joker. IMO, the Reds might have one more half season to play games and give chances. If they want Senzel to have one more, those should be the parameters. If not, he can chase the Batman.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Steal bases? He doesn't even do that well.
    Exactly. But for some reason he thinks he can. He’s like a bad slap hitter speed player from the 70s or 80s.

15. Likes:

elrojo (08-15-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Doubt it.

I could see him being sent out of the organization, but in a trade, not shot in a rocket to the moon
    Artemis 1 is launching for the moon at the end of the month, lets try and get him a ticket.
    Go Gators!

17. Likes:

M2 (08-13-2022),westofyou (08-12-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    I think the vertigo stuff completely altered him. It took out nick Esaskys career. Baseball is so fast and requires crazy hand eye coordination. Senzel is just not the athlete or coordinated person he once was.

I wouldn’t dispute this explanation, just don’t know.

IMO Senzel’s inability to generate power hitting is the crux of his problem. Just hope the Reds have an understanding of it. First thing is always to diagnose the problem especially when it’s such an obvious change.
    Last edited by Kc61; 08-13-2022 at 07:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post

No problem keeping him as a reserve or super sub and continue working with him. It’s not an exact science.

But no - he’s not a starter. Or close.
    This might be the sad truth of it. He had a .742 OPS as a rookie and he's been carrying a .617 OPS since the vertigo.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

20. Likes:

Old school 1983 (08-14-2022),REDREAD (08-15-2022)

I am not sure bulking up would ever be the smart move for an injury prone athlete.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

22. Likes:

elrojo (08-15-2022),Kc61 (08-13-2022),M2 (08-13-2022),Revering4Blue (08-13-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    I am not sure bulking up would ever be the smart move for an injury prone athlete.
    I’d usually agree. What he’s doing isn’t working though.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    This might be the sad truth of it. He had a .742 OPS as a rookie and he's been carrying a .617 OPS since the vertigo.
    Ya and he was a strong bat up through college and minors. I think his rookie season pointed towards being on the path to quality starter, and upside for more.

He doesn’t even attempt to hit for power anymore because I assume he can barely catch up to mlb pitching without a leg kick.

Vertigo is a legit thing. I am completely guessing, but when you really understand the symptoms and how drastic his career turned, it’s hard not to believe it is the primary driver.

"I'm not mad, I just type aggressively"
    -Rdirtypirates (Sep 6, 2023)

25. Likes:

RED VAN HOT (08-14-2022),REDREAD (08-15-2022)

Senzel left the game today with right hamstring tightness. He's day-to-day.

https://mobile.twitter.com/m_sheldon...34772533051394

Turn Off Ads?