Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 55 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Senzel's Simple Goal: Stay On The Field

Senzel's Simple Goal: Stay On The Field

“My only goal is to play 140-150 games,” Senzel said before Friday’s game vs. the Guardians during which he hit a two-run double in the fourth inning. “I’m not going to really set anything beyond that because it’s really important to me. I know it sounds like something that’s pretty easily attainable. Obviously, to me, it holds a little more special place if I can attain that. If I do that, good things will happen on the field.”

Manager David Bell has renewed confidence in Senzel after meeting with him as camp opened. Bell believes he can boost a team in transition after multiple trades this week.

"[My confidence in him is] high because of the time I've spent with him,” Bell said. “His mindset, he's learned a lot -- which we all continue to do -- but sometimes when things don't go your way, especially with injuries and things are out of your control, it forces you to grow and learn. He's demonstrated that. Just in our conversations, he's matured in every way. He's ready to go. He really believes that this is the year that he's going to stay healthy and he's excited to play a big role on this team.”

https://www.mlb.com/reds/news/nick-s...o-stay-healthy

I agree with Senzel,
    If he can play 140-150 games I truly believe he will produce some valuable numbers.
    Last edited by Ron Madden; 03-18-2022 at 09:49 PM.

2. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (03-23-2022),Bourgeois Zee (03-19-2022),cumberlandreds (03-19-2022),DayGameRedLegs (03-19-2022),goreds2 (03-19-2022),Hamilton95 (03-19-2022),HokieRed (03-19-2022),JFLegal (03-19-2022),Kingspoint (03-23-2022),mbgrayson (03-18-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Senzel's Simple Goal: Stay On The Field

Besides DH, I wonder which position would give him a less chance of getting hurt.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post

I agree with Senzel,
    If he can play 140-150 games I truly believe he will produce some valuable numbers.
    I still think Senzel is key to the length of this team's rebuild. If he can get it together, the Reds control him through 2025 and it could settle the hardest spot to fill these days, CF.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

6. Likes:

757690 (03-19-2022),goreds2 (03-19-2022),wlf WV (03-19-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I still think Senzel is key to the length of this team's rebuild. If he can get it together, the Reds control him through 2025 and it could settle the hardest spot to fill these days, CF.
    Offensively, Senzel, India, Barrero, and Stephenson are the bridge guys this team has to rely on and build around. All four are capable up the middle gloves who can post well above average offensive numbers. That has some monster value.

This is one of the reasons why punting on the 2022 season makes so little sense.

8. Likes:

DayGameRedLegs (03-19-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    Besides DH, I wonder which position would give him a less chance of getting hurt.
    Any position not CF.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

10. Likes:

goreds2 (03-19-2022),Kingspoint (03-23-2022),SomeCallMeTim (03-19-2022),wally post (06-12-2022)

Senzel's Simple Goal: Stay On The Field

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    Manager.

Although I could see him dislocating a knee while making a pitching change.

I've seen enough of Senzel on the field that I no longer mind when he's injured.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

13. Likes:

Chip R (03-24-2022)

My fever dream of Senzel getting moved back to the dirt was squashed with the additions of Solano and Moran

15. Likes:

goreds2 (03-19-2022),M2 (03-19-2022),Ron Madden (03-19-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyInTheBank View Post
    My fever dream of Senzel getting moved back to the dirt was squashed with the additions of Solano and Moran
    With the outfield the Reds currently employ, Senzel has no business leaving CF.

Perhaps, had they signed Conforto, kept Winker, and traded for Fraley, you could argue for the move.

Even with Senzel, that OF looks dreadful. Without him, it's worse than several expansion outfits.

17. Likes:

Revering4Blue (03-19-2022),Roy Tucker (03-20-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    With the outfield the Reds currently employ, Senzel has no business leaving CF.

Perhaps, had they signed Conforto, kept Winker, and traded for Fraley, you could argue for the move.

Even with Senzel, that OF looks dreadful. Without him, it's worse than several expansion outfits.
    That's why I'm saying the fever dream was squashed. They constructed one of the strangest rosters in my memory

19. Likes:

Bourgeois Zee (03-19-2022),M2 (03-19-2022),mth123 (03-19-2022),Revering4Blue (03-19-2022)

the "he has matured a lot" quote is telling.

translation: he was very immature.

hopefully he has matured and will be a force on this club

Why isn't he being tried at 3rd?
    Go Gators!

22. Likes:

Ron Madden (03-19-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Why isn't he being tried at 3rd?
    Moustakas and Solano play third.

Both are (far) better than the alternatives in CF should Senzel play 3B.

The question isn't "will Senzel be able to leave CF,"

The question is, "will Senzel be able to leave CF under his own power".
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

25. Likes:

bm1475 (03-20-2022),goreds2 (03-19-2022),Revering4Blue (03-19-2022),SomeCallMeTim (03-20-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post

I agree with Senzel,
    Senzel's rc has more potential than Aquino's

Turn Off Ads?