Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Senzel's Simple Goal: Stay On The Field

Re: Senzel's Simple Goal: Stay On The Field

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Offensively, Senzel, India, Barrero, and Stephenson are the bridge guys this team has to rely on and build around. All four are capable up the middle gloves who can post well above average offensive numbers. That has some monster value.

This is one of the reasons why punting on the 2022 season makes so little sense.
    I know. This was the time to go all in and win a WS w/ Votto

2. Turn Off Ads?

I wonder if Senzel should play in the corner OF to possibly help avoid injury

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Moustakas and Solano play third.

Both are (far) better than the alternatives in CF should Senzel play 3B.
    I'm sure that's how the Reds are approaching it, but I'd rather they admitted to the disaster that Senzel's been in CF and tried him elsewhere if they're going to give him another shot. My take is I just don't expect different results the fourth time around.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

5. Likes:

KronoRed (03-20-2022)

I just want the young man to be on the field and get into the rhythm of playing regularly. I get the feeling that when he has played, he’s pushed himself too far beyond his physical limits and something has gone haywire.

Just let him get regular PT and the Red tell him to play his regular game and then let’s see what he can do.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

7. Likes:

goreds2 (03-20-2022),Ron Madden (03-20-2022)

Senzel needs a lesson in self-protection in CF.

He probably has the athleticism to be a capable CFer. But he plays with reckless abandon out there. Too much diving, running into walls. Needs to calm down his play out there.

Baseball is a marathon, not a sprint, and you need to know how to protect your body in a position like CF.

If he can do that, I think he can be a capable defensive CFer. And over a full season, I think Nick will hit. If he can’t get a better feel for handling CF, then he should move to a corner.

9. Likes:

Roy Tucker (03-20-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Senzel needs a lesson in self-protection in CF.

He probably has the athleticism to be a capable CFer. But he plays with reckless abandon out there. Too much diving, running into walls. Needs to calm down his play out there.

Baseball is a marathon, not a sprint, and you need to know how to protect your body in a position like CF.

If he can do that, I think he can be a capable defensive CFer. And over a full season, I think Nick will hit. If he can’t get a better feel for handling CF, then he should move to a corner.
    IMO, Senzel is going to get hurt no matter where he plays. He should take the George Foster approach out there. No running into walls or diving recklessly. I think RF would suit him a lot better to minimize those things. Reds need a real CF.

Still, he's just as likely to get injured playing 2B or 3b IMO. DH might keep him healthier, but he's a good defender with speed and a throwing arm. I hope he gets over the hump this year. Again, its a lost year, so lets find out.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Haunted by walks

I remember when they said the same thing about Eric Davis. Some players are just wired that way.

12. Likes:

Chip R (03-24-2022),Ron Madden (03-20-2022),Roy Tucker (03-20-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I just want the young man to be on the field and get into the rhythm of playing regularly. I get the feeling that when he has played, he’s pushed himself too far beyond his physical limits and something has gone haywire.

Just let him get regular PT and the Red tell him to play his regular game and then let’s see what he can do.
    He's not that young anymore. Turns 27 this season.

Have him play LF. Its less demanding than CF or 3rd. 100 games in LF and 60 at DH.

15. Likes:

herbdizzle (03-21-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    He's not that young anymore. Turns 27 this season.
    Compared to me, he is.

17. Likes:

Bob Sheed (03-20-2022)

Compared to me, he is.
    I don't think that's the bar though.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I don't think that's the bar though.
    I know, I’m just being a butthead.

I know, I’m just being a butthead.
    A penurious butthead?

21. Likes:

M2 (03-20-2022),Roy Tucker (03-20-2022)

Does it even matter? It's obvious Senzel can't play at the MLB level, and it's hilarious that anyone is really buying this "trying to play 140-150 games" narrative that he's throwing out.

Ain't happening.

Over the last two years, David Bell has often said that center fielder Nick Senzel has always been a good hitter when he has been healthy. Senzel reported to spring training fully healthy, and he had two extra-base hits in two games.

Against the Giants, Senzel hit an opposite field line drive to right field. When the ball got past the right fielder, Senzel sprinted around second to reach third base for a triple.

Senzel’s combination of speed and talent at the plate made him a first round pick and a top prospect, and he continues to show those skills in spring training.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb...BingNewsSearch

Turn Off Ads?