Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Senzel's Simple Goal: Stay On The Field

Re: Senzel's Simple Goal: Stay On The Field

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Deagle View Post
    Have him play LF. Its less demanding than CF or 3rd. 100 games in LF and 60 at DH.
    I think this is the best option. Put Senzel in LF everyday where he'd be a plus glove. CF can be a Friedl/Barrero platoon. Friedl plays against righties, Barrero v LHP in CF - SS v RHP. Farmer can man SS v lefties. Naquin/Aquino in RF.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    Besides DH, I wonder which position would give him a less chance of getting hurt.
    Quit Yanking him around and stick him back at 3b, which should have been the plan to begin with.

If you're going to punt the season before it even begins like the Reds Ownership clearly did we might as well go 100% with it. Senzel has shown CF he can't stay healthy, time to scrap that (unless case of emergency) and put him back at the spot he should have come up at.

CA: Stephenson
    1b: Votto
    2b: India
    3b: Senzel
    ss: Barrero
    rf: Aquino/Naquin
    cf: Friedl
    lf: whoever is under 28.
    Last edited by Slyder; 03-21-2022 at 10:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

I'm not sure it's centerfield that is causing the injuries. in 2019 he rolled his ankle in Spring Training sliding into second, but his shoulder injury in September of that year was when he hit the wall going after a ball, and which could have happened to anyone.

In 2020 he had COVID and last year he had knee issues, which could have happened anywhere.

So I guess, he might as well play center as anywhere, because att least out there he isn't going to get spiked or something.

5. Likes:

Chip R (03-24-2022),Ron Madden (03-21-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    Quit Yanking him around and stick him back at 3b, which should have been the plan to begin with.

If you're going to punt the season before it even begins like the Reds Ownership clearly did we might as well go 100% with it. Senzel has shown CF he can't stay healthy, time to scrap that (unless case of emergency) and put him back at the spot he should have come up at.

CA: Stephenson
    1b: Votto
    2b: India
    3b: Senzel
    ss: Barrero
    rf: Aquino/Naquin
    cf: Friedl
    lf: whoever is under 28.
    Wouldn't a move back to the infield be yanking him back? Who knows. I don't think it's the position, it's the human. Senzel has a fragile body and bad luck. Changing positions wouldn't have changed anything. I get the feeling they'll starting using India at 3B this season and plant him there permanently beginning next year. If Senzel can stay healthy he's fine filling in any OF spot needed. It's open for the taking.

7. Likes:

CySeymour (03-21-2022),LeatherPants (03-21-2022),mth123 (03-21-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    Wouldn't a move back to the infield be yanking him back? Who knows. I don't think it's the position, it's the human. Senzel has a fragile body and bad luck. Changing positions wouldn't have changed anything. I get the feeling they'll starting using India at 3B this season and plant him there permanently beginning next year. If Senzel can stay healthy he's fine filling in any OF spot needed. It's open for the taking.
    Third Base wouldn't be a completely new position... AGAIN. He has at least played the position before. Also less field to cover.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

The reason Senzel is being asked to play CF is because the Reds are too cheap to get a real CF. They were also too cheap to pay their corner OF as well. Senzel should be at third right now, but the Reds didn't want to bring in a real MLB CF.

10. Likes:

M2 (03-21-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by JCM11 View Post
    The reason Senzel is being asked to play CF is because the Reds are too cheap to get a real CF. They were also too cheap to pay their corner OF as well. Senzel should be at third right now, but the Reds didn't want to bring in a real MLB CF.
    Which is why I'm thinking Senzel getting injured again isn't the worst thing that could happen here. At least in that scenario they'd have to address the position. Worst case is Senzel stays healthy and continues to be a non-entity out there.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

It'd be sweet if one of the NRI's or a prospect minor leaguer pulls a Jonathan India and opens up room for the Reds to put Senzel at 3rd. I think it would be a great boost to his career to be in a place where he won't be diving and running into walls. I'd take him, Farmer (eventually Barrero) and India any day as the infield.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Charlie Goldsmith
    @CharlieG__
    Nick Senzel continues his strong spring with an RBI single vs Walker Buehler.

“I think I’ve learned to have more patience,” Senzel said last week. “Going through adversity and obstacles over the last couple years… you learn to take stuff on the chin.”

14. Likes:

Old school 1983 (03-23-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    https://www.mlb.com/reds/news/nick-s...o-stay-healthy

I agree with Senzel,
    If he can play 140-150 games I truly believe he will produce some valuable numbers.
    We all agree. I know I was being overly optimistic when I shot for 150+, but 140-150 would be a huge, huge success.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Any position not CF.
    I'd be putting Friedl there in CF and Senzel anywhere else.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

I recently had/have vertigo.

I had no idea just how debilitating it is. I'm struggling now with walking a semi-straight line. Dr's think it might be an inner ear infection. maybe. It's a symptom of a variety of things not an illness in and of itself.

So i get it. He couldn't play.

With Senzel it was never talent. It was availability. The problem is, he wasn't available during his development years either. So now he's developing on the fly. Maybe that will work. Maybe. I thought/wanted the Reds to just go ahead and trade Moose and park Senzel at 3B. But what the hell do I know?
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Senzel injured his knee while catching a fly ball at 3B last year the first time, or whatever that insane foot injury was that Coors was giving all of our guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Senzel injured his knee while catching a fly ball at 3B last year the first time, or whatever that insane foot injury was that Coors was giving all of our guys.
    The Rockies visitor shower area has a high level of fungi. Players need to wear their shower shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    I recently had/have vertigo.

I had no idea just how debilitating it is. I'm struggling now with walking a semi-straight line. Dr's think it might be an inner ear infection. maybe. It's a symptom of a variety of things not an illness in and of itself.

So i get it. He couldn't play.

With Senzel it was never talent. It was availability. The problem is, he wasn't available during his development years either. So now he's developing on the fly. Maybe that will work. Maybe. I thought/wanted the Reds to just go ahead and trade Moose and park Senzel at 3B. But what the hell do I know?
    Sorry you’re going through that. I hope it gets better soon.

While I was a big proponent of him moving to CF at the time, in hindsight I believe it was a mistake. 3B seems like the safest position for him. Moose can get some starts at every infield position outside of SS. Make him the super sub. And, he can still bat every day as a DH.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

21. Likes:

M2 (03-23-2022)

Turn Off Ads?