Page 35 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Thread: Senzel's Simple Goal: Stay On The Field

Re: Senzel's Simple Goal: Stay On The Field

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    This is your team on Senzel.

friends don't let friends senzel.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Old school 1983 View Post
    Dad. I learned how to start Senzel in CF from you.
    lmao

2. Likes:

Old school 1983 (06-20-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Flyer Guy View Post
    He'd make a great Closer.
    Senzel? well maybe, could he be worse then what is already out there?
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    But that’s kind of my point. By this time next year Barrero and/or Elly will be taking reps away from Senzel. Hopefully a new trade piece and/or FA acquisition too.

So they might as well play the hot hand (Almora) and not the worst option just because he was good in the minors 4 years ago.
    We need to pump the brakes on Elly. He's 20 years old in high-A with very questionable plate discipline and a body that may outgrow SS. I would not expect him in 2023. I'm still very high on him long term.

For me, it's really just a question of ceiling with Senzel vs. Almora. Almora has never been much of a hitter (even in the minors) so you are probably hoping for a league average bat and average glove. Senzel's ceiling is an elite hit tool and a strong defender.

I get not liking Senzel but the alternatives are pretty "meh"

6. Likes:

mth123 (06-20-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyInTheBank View Post
    We need to pump the brakes on Elly. He's 20 years old in high-A with very questionable plate discipline and a body that may outgrow SS. I would not expect him in 2023. I'm still very high on him long term.

For me, it's really just a question of ceiling with Senzel vs. Almora. Almora has never been much of a hitter (even in the minors) so you are probably hoping for a league average bat and average glove. Senzel's ceiling is an elite hit tool and a strong defender.

I get not liking Senzel but the alternatives are pretty "meh"
    I disagree we need to pump the breaks on Elly. He’s going to be a top 5 prospect in baseball going into next year and probably will be starting year at AAA.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

8. Likes:

Mitri (06-21-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    When his slider isn't working, he's got nothing else to turn to. He has a 5.26 ERA and 5.30 FIP. I expect he'll improve from that, but that will just make him run of the mill. For him to be better than that, he needs a change-up. Since he hardly ever throws it, I'm not sure how its going to magically develop. I like Greene, I just don't see him becoming the ace we all hoped without ability to change speeds with deception. Its a lost year anyway, he should throw it 30% of the time the rest of the season so it can develop. Until he gets that, he's going to have games where he looks like Cy Young Jr and others where he's terrible and average out as run of the mill.
    Well this is certainly a take.

Senzel is displaying the ISO (.065) of a Juan Pierre this year, very dissatisfied with that myself, then I see that Winker is at .090 after being .251 last year and I’m wondering if the game is broken or if the Reds broke them

11. Likes:

wlf WV (06-22-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I disagree we need to pump the breaks on Elly. He’s going to be a top 5 prospect in baseball going into next year and probably will be starting year at AAA.
    Maybe on the first point but I don't see the second. In that scenario is McLain in MLB? Or is one of them changing positions (McLain has only played SS in 2022, so I assume it would be Elly to 3B)? I see it as much more likely Elly finishes this season at AA, McLain at AAA. McLain starts at AAA in 2023 and gets a call-up sometime during the season, Elly starts at AA and gets a promotion to AAA unless he's absolutely laying waste to AA pitching, then he may skip AAA altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyInTheBank View Post
    Maybe on the first point but I don't see the second. In that scenario is McLain in MLB? Or is one of them changing positions (McLain has only played SS in 2022, so I assume it would be Elly to 3B)? I see it as much more likely Elly finishes this season at AA, McLain at AAA. McLain starts at AAA in 2023 and gets a call-up sometime during the season, Elly starts at AA and gets a promotion to AAA unless he's absolutely laying waste to AA pitching, then he may skip AAA altogether.
    You don’t halt progression a potential superstar for the likes of Matt McLain. EDLC will be called up to AA in a week or two after the first half of the season is over in Dayton.

Matt McLain is fine. His ceiling is probably a Rich Aurillia type. EDLC’s ceiling is Fernando Tatis Jr.

McLain can play 2B at AAA next year until Ely is ready.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    This is your team on Senzel.

Yeah, that is also your team right now without Senzel. Which is the key point. Senzel playing right not preventing anything.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Yeah, that is also your team right now without Senzel. Which is the key point. Senzel playing right not preventing anything.
    Nobody on the Reds including Friedel (Check back 7/15) is fixing the Reds this year

But seriously Senzel needs to barrel up, thank god he’s only making 1.3 million. Otherwise he’d be hung in effigy as he’s pretty much the poster boy for the crapfest rebuild that’s happened since 2014 or so

16. Likes:

757690 (06-20-2022),bm1475 (06-22-2022)

You don’t halt progression a potential superstar for the likes of Matt McLain. EDLC will be called up to AA in a week or two after the first half of the season is over in Dayton.

Matt McLain is fine. His ceiling is probably a Rich Aurillia type. EDLC’s ceiling is Fernando Tatis Jr.

McLain can play 2B at AAA next year until Ely is ready.
    "Position Change" would have sufficed

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    It is preventing him from reaching his potential. He needs to be in AAA he is over matched in the majors he is not making any progress with the bat. If he is the future he needs to be in AAA working on his hitting.

yeah, i'm going pedal to the metal on elly. he's the real deal.

Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    yeah, i'm going pedal to the metal on elly. he's the real deal.
    Nobody is the real deal until they prove it in the majors. He may end up being a superstar. But bad plate discipline has ended many a 5 tool career.

21. Likes:

bm1475 (06-22-2022),mth123 (06-22-2022)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

I knew Elly was rising fast, but is he really gonna be a top 5 overall prospect next year?

Turn Off Ads?