Turn Off Ads?
Page 41 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Thread: Senzel's Simple Goal: Stay On The Field

Re: Senzel's Simple Goal: Stay On The Field

Eric Owens

2. Likes:

bm1475 (07-01-2022),westofyou (07-01-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Indeed.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Senzel's Simple Goal: Stay On The Field

He’s playing pretty well over the last 30 games and trending in the right direction. It’s a lost season and he’s blocking no one. I see no harm in seeing if he can figure it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    School's out. What did you expect?

6. Likes:

757690 (07-10-2022),CaiGuy (07-07-2022),cumberlandreds (07-07-2022),Fil3232 (07-07-2022),mth123 (07-06-2022),ochoa30 (07-07-2022),Old school 1983 (07-06-2022),Revering4Blue (07-07-2022),Ron Madden (07-06-2022),Roy Tucker (07-07-2022)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

So Tuesday night, before Senzel got a solid hit up the middle, he hit a long foul ball to the right side. Nothing big, except he not only looked like he got all of it, it was like he figured out his power stroke on that swing. It's no coincidence the next night he hit a long HR when he's been "warning track" to this point. I expect more power going forward.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    So Tuesday night, before Senzel got a solid hit up the middle, he hit a long foul ball to the right side. Nothing big, except he not only looked like he got all of it, it was like he figured out his power stroke on that swing. It's no coincidence the next night he hit a long HR when he's been "warning track" to this point. I expect more power going forward.
    It would be nice to see the power. If he can get to at least early Stubbs or his rookie year productivity(.740 ops) it would be a huge plus. (2 fwar)

9. Likes:

bm1475 (07-07-2022)

If he can hit for some power for the rest of the year, he could become interesting again. Here’s to hoping he can do it.

11. Likes:

bm1475 (07-07-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Old school 1983 View Post
    If he can hit for some power for the rest of the year, he could become interesting again. Here’s to hoping he can do it.

Joel Luckhaupt
    @jluckhaupt

Nick Senzel has 8 multi-hit games in his last 16 starts.

It is funny that he started raking the minute Redszone decided he's basically the worst player to ever lace up cleats and declared he's dragging the whole organization down lol.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

15. Likes:

757690 (07-10-2022),Griffey012 (07-09-2022),Ron Madden (07-10-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    It is funny that he started raking the minute Redszone decided he's basically the worst player to ever lace up cleats and declared he's dragging the whole organization down lol.
    Wait until July 15th to make that call Servo

17. Likes:

Tom Servo (07-09-2022)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Very strange that even as he’s caught fire, he still can’t crack a .400 slugging. I don’t know if that’s a result of some change in approach or what, but I would have to imagine if he can crank out a streak like this there has to be some power left in that bat.

Senzel's Simple Goal: Stay On The Field

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Very strange that even as he’s caught fire, he still can’t crack a .400 slugging. I don’t know if that’s a result of some change in approach or what, but I would have to imagine if he can crank out a streak like this there has to be some power left in that bat.
    It’s a percentage stat, it’s hard to climb up when you have a 140 PAs dragging it down

That said, check back on 7/15

20. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (07-09-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    It’s a percentage stat, it’s hard to climb up when you have a 140 PAs dragging it down

That said, check back on 7/15
    For the season, for sure. The stat I was referring to, I thought it was a page back ITT but I guess I saw it in today’s game thread; Senzel has a .304/.357/.383 line going back to the start of June. So definitely a hot streak when it comes to Nick, but still without much power. So far, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    For the season, for sure. The stat I was referring to, I thought it was a page back ITT but I guess I saw it in today’s game thread; Senzel has a .304/.357/.383 line going back to the start of June. So definitely a hot streak when it comes to Nick, but still without much power. So far, at least.
    He was still awfully cold for most of June. It's really just the last two weeks he's been on fire and the SLG is certainly above .400 in that short time frame.

Really I don't blame people at all for getting fed up with Senzel, I'd largely agree with it, but I found the over-the-top "cut him NOW and save the organization from his toxic presence" hatred pretty funny.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

23. Likes:

CaiGuy (07-10-2022),mth123 (07-10-2022),Old school 1983 (07-11-2022),Wonderful Monds (07-09-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    He was still awfully cold for most of June. It's really just the last two weeks he's been on fire and the SLG is certainly above .400 in that short time frame.

Really I don't blame people at all for getting fed up with Senzel, I'd largely agree with it, but I found the over-the-top "cut him NOW and save the organization from his toxic presence" hatred pretty funny.
    I agree for sure. As frustrating as his lack of production has been, it’s not been for a lack of effort or anything. He’s been a team player as long as he’s been in the organization, willing to play 3B, 2B, SS and then CF whenever asked, multiple times without any real heads up. Aside from some corny tattoos, I don’t think he’s earned being clowned on real hard.

25. Likes:

HammerTime (07-11-2022),lollipopcurve (07-10-2022),Tom Servo (07-09-2022)

Turn Off Ads?