Turn Off Ads?
Page 29 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Reds Injury Updates

Re: 2022 Reds Injury Updates

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    I've thought it for a while. He needs more leg in his delivery. I've watched plenty of footage on MiLB. Which is why I thought he needs more minor league time--that and the lost Covid season.
    That’s odd. Interesting take for sure considering I asked you like a week ago about your thoughts on some prospects and youngsters and you told me you don’t watch the MLB games and only follow the minors every 3-4 years? I’ll ask you again. Since you seem to watch highlights now. Which ones are going it be good?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Old school 1983 View Post
    That’s odd. Interesting take for sure considering I asked you like a week ago about your thoughts on some prospects and youngsters and you told me you don’t watch the MLB games and only follow the minors every 3-4 years? I’ll ask you again. Since you seem to watch highlights now. Which ones are going it be good?
    As usual, you’re misquoting me. I never said I only follow the minor leaguers every 3-4 years. I said the Reds seem to have a much-ballyhooed farm system every 4 years or so. And yet they don’t really produce all that much. Except what they bring in trade.

As usual, you’re misquoting me. I never said I only follow the minor leaguers every 3-4 years. I said the Reds seem to have a much-ballyhooed farm system every 4 years or so. And yet they don’t really produce all that much. Except what they bring in trade.
    Post was in bad taste. FCB. Please check your inbox.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Old school 1983; 04-28-2022 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Old school 1983 View Post
    Name:  FA7BC122-4F00-464F-B3F5-B87FF7F05B33.jpeg
Views: 386
Size:  153.9 KB
    Ok

Ok
    One time then man. Just one time. You said you follow the minors now. Just one time make a prediction of success for a guy and I’ll happily take that last post back.

I don’t follow the minors but every 3-4 years on here I get to read that they’re a top 5 minors system. And then I check the MLB win-loss record of the Reds and wonder what went wrong.

Milwaukee has put good to very good team on the field the last decade.
    For the record. I mean if I squint I can see the meaning you’re giving that. But it really reads the other way to me. I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt now though. You’re the author of it.

You admittedly followed the minors though. Make some predictions of who you think will be successful.
    Last edited by Old school 1983; 04-28-2022 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    and I said this offseason was miserable and that they blew up a perfectly good team for nothing and gave up all these assets for little to nothing and yet you accuse me of cheering the teardown on like I'm our resident contrarian '75. You're shameless.
    I just want apologize if someone compared you to me. I would be offended if I was compared to me. You definitely have never been a cheerleader for the team, nor overly negative. You've been telling it like it is the whole time I've been here.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

9. Likes:

Tom Servo (04-28-2022)

Just catching up here. Did DJ Qualls go on the IL too? Would be another tough loss

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    I just want apologize if someone compared you to me. I would be offended if I was compared to me. You definitely have never been a cheerleader for the team, nor overly negative. You've been telling it like it is the whole time I've been here.
    lol ya may get on my nerves sometimes but I wasn't trying to be mean. I'm just over the whole score settling thing on here which seems to be the animating factor for some. I still just like talking Reds baseball, good or bad. Right now, real bad.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

12. Likes:

757690 (04-28-2022),RedTeamGo! (04-28-2022),Ron Madden (04-28-2022)

You can watch highlights.

- - - Updated - - -

Dude is thin as wind. Legs too. No wonder his back is bad.
    ????? Being skinny hurts your back ??????

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    ????? Being skinny hurts your back ??????
    Throwing with nothing but your upper body does.

We’ll see. Feels like you are grasping at straws on this one.

17. Likes:

Mitri (04-28-2022),Ron Madden (04-28-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    We’ll see. Feels like you are grasping at straws on this one.
    I don’t know. Slightly built guys who throw with their upper body end up more Pete Schourek than Randy Johnson. I think they should give the kid more time in the minors. It sucks he lost a year to Covid, but man, that is not much minor league time.

I don’t know. Slightly built guys who throw with their upper body end up more Pete Schourek than Randy Johnson. I think they should give the kid more time in the minors. It sucks he lost a year to Covid, but man, that is not much minor league time.
    Most pitchers end up more pedestrian/bad than end up like Randy Johnson?

Quite the hot take.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    lol ya may get on my nerves sometimes but I wasn't trying to be mean. I'm just over the whole score settling thing on here which seems to be the animating factor for some. I still just like talking Reds baseball, good or bad. Right now, real bad.
    Bingo
    What would you say.....ya do here?

20. Likes:

Old school 1983 (04-28-2022)

Turn Off Ads?