Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Reds Injury Updates

Re: 2022 Reds Injury Updates

LOL I am loving this, keep the pain train rolling! I want the Reds to break the futility record.

2. Likes:

gagliano (03-25-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

From Goldsmith Twitter:

David Bell said Mike Moustakas is fine and has a full range of motion in his shoulder.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    From Goldsmith Twitter:

David Bell said Mike Moustakas is fine and has a full range of motion in his shoulder.
    7 days from now: "Moustakas actually died a week ago. We were wrong."

6. Likes:

gagliano (03-25-2022),NC Reds (03-23-2022),podgejeff_ (03-23-2022),Powder River (03-23-2022),Tom Servo (03-22-2022),wally post (03-27-2022),wlf WV (03-23-2022)

From Goldsmith Twitter:

You mean he might actually be able to hit a baseball? It’s Spring time and moose always get hurt on roads in northern Canada and in ballparks further south…..

Great, all of these injuries are giving Krall and the front office a lame excuse as to why they're bad. I can just hear Krall saying, "Unfortunately, we were hit by the injury bug. If it weren't for that, we would have been right in the thick of things."

Also, with Dunn one of the centerpieces of that trade, they had to know he was injured, right? If they knew that and knew he likely wouldn't be pitching for a few months, why in the hell was he part of the deal?

9. Likes:

Falls City Beer (03-24-2022)

3B Mike Moustakas (left shoulder)
    The Reds were in a defensive shift during the fifth inning of a 10-8 win over the Dodgers when Moustakas attempted a diving stop on a ground ball to the right side. He landed hard on his left shoulder and spent a few moments on the ground in pain before leaving the game. But he is expected to be OK.

“It looked like he was in a lot of pain, landed on it wrong,” Reds manager David Bell said. “He thought maybe it popped out or something, but I'm not sure exactly if that happened. When he went in, he had it checked out and the doctors think he's fine. He's got full range of motion. We'll know for sure tomorrow. They said it's fine and they weren't going to send him to get it looked at or anything.”

RHP Luis Castillo (shoulder)
    Expected return: TBD
    Castillo is back in camp long tossing, but he likely won't be ready for Opening Day, said manager David Bell. Castillo is fine, but it will take a while to ramp him up. -- Mark Sheldon (Last updated: March 22)
    Last edited by Ron Madden; 03-22-2022 at 11:27 PM.

I expect Moose to ride the IL most of the season, his body doesn't like athleticism.
    May the Lord bless

13. Likes:

gagliano (03-25-2022)

I've been trying to have a positive outlook going into the season, and a big part of that is having Castillo and Mahle at the top of the rotation. Any significant time missed by those two and it's pretty much a wrap on the season.

Quote Originally Posted by JCM11 View Post
    I've been trying to have a positive outlook going into the season, and a big part of that is having Castillo and Mahle at the top of the rotation. Any significant time missed by those two and it's pretty much a wrap on the season.
    #positivespin

Castillo missing the month of April may be the best thing that happens to his season numbers.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Charlie Goldsmith @CharlieG__

David Bell on Mike Moustakas: “He’s fine. He’s not going to do much today, don’t want to push him. I already took him out of the lineup for tomorrow and we’ll shoot for Saturday. I haven’t heard any indication why it would be any longer than that.”

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    7 days from now: "Moustakas actually died a week ago. We were wrong."
    Luckily someone already put the 2022 Reds into the Obituary thread, so he's covered already.

According to Charlie Goldsmith Bell anticipates Castillo and Minor being "slightly delayed" for the start of the season.

According to Mark Sheldon Minor had some shoulder soreness that has subsided but will not have time to ramp up for the season and both Minor and Castillo could start the season on the IL

From Goldsmith Twitter:

Wow. Sounds like this injury improved the health of his shoulder.

20. Likes:

gagliano (03-25-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by maniem View Post
    Great, all of these injuries are giving Krall and the front office a lame excuse as to why they're bad. I can just hear Krall saying, "Unfortunately, we were hit by the injury bug. If it weren't for that, we would have been right in the thick of things."

Also, with Dunn one of the centerpieces of that trade, they had to know he was injured, right? If they knew that and knew he likely wouldn't be pitching for a few months, why in the hell was he part of the deal?
    Yeah there’s a hell-like inescapability to it all. Perfectly healthy this team is a 75 win team but factor in injuries and all of a sudden it’s a 90 win team cut short just as it was about to achieve escape velocity. Looks like we need to clean house again, ship out more payroll, and start from scratch.

Turn Off Ads?